Breaking News Bar
updated: 12/16/2010 3:55 PM

Darien triple murder suspect can't meet with 2-year-old son

Success - Article sent! close
  • Johnny Borizov

    Johnny Borizov


A DuPage County Judge Thursday denied a triple murder suspect jailhouse visits with his 2-year-old son.

"I don't think you have to be an expert or a psychiatrist or a psychologist to make a determination it's not the best situation for a little boy," Judge Daniel Guerin said. "Any parent can understand that."

Attorneys for Johnny Borizov, 28, had asked Guerin to lift an order barring the defendant from contacting any relatives of his alleged victims, who were killed March 2 in their Darien home.

Because the victims were his son's maternal grandparents and uncle, that order also includes the boy.

In court, attorney Nicholas Kirkeles argued the restriction should be lifted because his client kept behind glass during visits presents no physical danger. But prosecutors contend there could be psychological damage.

"This guy (Borizov) tried to have this little child's mother killed," Assistant State's Attorney Joseph Ruggiero argued. "This is her baby."

Borizov is accused of persuading a friend, Jacob Nodarse of Countryside, to kill his ex-girlfriend's parents and her brother in their Darien home. The ex-girlfriend, Angela Kramer, managed to hide and avoid injury, but Borizov is accused of soliciting her murder, too.

Prosecutors said Nodarse smashed a window with a hammer, entered the Kramer house and opened fire around 3 a.m. Jeffrey Kramer, 50; his wife Lori, 48; and their son Michael, 20, were shot multiple times.

The killings came in the midst of a dispute between Borizov and Angela Kramer over custody of their son, according to court records.

After Thursday's ruling, Kirkeles said the defense might file an appeal in the visitation issue.

"To say that a 2-year-old is going to sustain psychological damage, I think, is outside of the purview of this court," he said. "I think the judge, respectfully, is wrong."

Borizov, who returns to court Jan. 21, remained in the county jail without bond. He continues to maintain he is innocent.