GALESBURG -- There's a new book out about secrets in the only original building left from the historic Lincoln-Douglas debates.
That building is Old Main, a national landmark on the Knox College campus in Galesburg. The building's architect was Charles Ulricson, who belonged to the Freemason fraternal group.
The college's founders were Christian missionaries who were vehemently anti-Mason, so Ulricson hid numerous Masonic symbols in his work.
According to book author and Knox professor Lance Factor, the 1856 building's design, geometry, windows, and interior decorations all show telltale signs of Freemasonry.
The book is titled "Chapel in the Sky: Knox College's Old Main and Its Masonic Architect."