Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Hampshire
Images: The Week in PicturesJul 14, 2014 12:00 AM
This edition of The Week in Pictures features people packing food for starving children, a dog jumping contest, and a variety of summer festival fun.
Images: Photo Contest FinalistsJul 11, 2014 12:00 AM
Each week you submit your favorite photo. We pick the best of the bunch and select the finalists. Here are the finalists for the week of July 7.
Suburban Law Enforcement Academy graduates 51 recruitsJul 10, 2014 12:00 AM
The Suburban Law Enforcement Academy at College of DuPage recently graduated 51 recruits representing 37 police agencies in Northern Illinois. The ceremony honored the recruits for completing 12 weeks – 480 hours – of basic law enforcement officer training which began this past spring.
Tri-Cities police reportsJul 8, 2014 12:00 AM
Ten people were charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor at 2:07 .m. June 27 in the 2900 block of Husking Peg Lane, Geneva, according to a police report.
Administer Justice offers seminar on student loansJul 8, 2014 12:00 AM
Administer Justice, a local non-profit providing free legal, financial, tax controversy and educational services to low-income individuals, will hold a free “Understanding Student Loans” seminar on Thursday, July 10.
Veterans, active duty service members invited to Valor Games Midwest CompetitionJul 8, 2014 12:00 AM
The three-day, multi-sport competition – which will take place from Aug. 20 until Aug. 22 – is the only one of its kind to bring together wounded, ill or injured active duty service members and veterans to instill positive values through sports.
Elgin Breakfast Rotary celebrates 25 years and honors exchange studentsJul 7, 2014 12:00 AM
The Elgin Breakfast Rotary will be celebrating 25 successful years of service to the local community at the annual Ray Kriske Memorial Hogg Roast, $5,000 Reverse Raffle, and Silent Auction on Thursday, July 10.
Fox Valley police reportsJul 7, 2014 12:00 AM
Someone tried to steal a doghouse and did steal four rolls of rolled up fence, valued at $1,600, from the 43W600 block of Bahr Road near Hampshire between 6:45 and 11:45 a.m. Saturday, according to a sheriff’s report.
Tour a ‘Garden of Ideas’ in Kane County July 8Jul 3, 2014 12:00 AM
As your garden grows this summer, are you thinking about new designs or looking to explore new plant varieties? Inspiration is close to home in the Kane County Master Gardeners’ Idea Garden, which is open to the public from 9 to 11 a.m. on Tuesday, July 8.
The Literacy Connection has 150 adults on waiting list Jul 3, 2014 12:00 AM
The Literacy Connection needs more tutors. Sadly, 150 adults remain on the waiting list to share their goals with someone who can tutor them. Can you give 1-2 hours per week to help someone achieve their goals in 2014?
ECC wins AAWCC chapter award Jul 3, 2014 12:00 AM
The Elgin Community College chapter of the American Association for Women in Community Colleges celebrates 15 years along with 40 years of the National Chapter of the AAWCC this year – that means 40 years of changing women’s lives through education, service and leadership development. Recently, we received the AAWCC Chapter Award for our success and dedication to raising money for student scholarships. We are a small chapter of 33 members, but a mighty one.
Hampshire team takes part in ‘Stay’ Mission tripJul 3, 2014 12:00 AM
Five youth and two adult chaperones, Jeff Van Natta and the Rev. Diana Otterbacher from Hampshire, recently volunteered at the "Stay" Mission Trip, sponsored by Marengo United Methodist Church, that called for help in cleaning up the former McGill factory site in hopes of using it for a day care and multiuse community center.
Horse owner says Kane Co. animal control head lied in neglect caseJul 2, 2014 12:00 AM
Kane County’s former animal control director is accused of falsely declaring a horse dead while its owner was under investigation for abusing animals at farms in Hampshire and Maple Park. Robert Sauceda "was aware that the horse was recovering, and knew that it would be hidden from public record so the ‘abusive owner’ would not get the horse returned to her,” according to a motion filed by the attorney for animal owner Stacy Fiebelkorn.
Asante Children’s Choir returns to Marengo churchJul 2, 2014 12:00 AM
A Marengo church will host a Back-to-School Picnic and Concert for the local community featuring Asante Children's Choir from East Africa.
Local painters exhibit beautiful creations Jul 1, 2014 12:00 AM
Artists seem to see through different eyes, while we get to enjoy the product of their vision and their inspiration when they share their works of art as a whole. Come see for yourself when The Woodstock Group exhibits beautiful works of art in the Kavanagh Gallery at Fine Line Creative Arts Center in St. Charles.
United Way of Elgin and FamilyWize team upJun 30, 2014 12:00 AM
The United Way of Elgin and familyWise have teamed up to combat the nation's mental health crisis and help thousands in need of prescription assistance. The partnership has saved $263,942 for Elgin area residents.
Fox Valley police reportsJun 27, 2014 12:00 AM
Ryan J. Tinerella, 30, of Elgin, was charged Thursday with theft, according to a police report. He is accused of taking four pocket watches and four items of jewelry between May 12 and Monday with no intention of returning the items to the owner. The stolen items have a value of more than $500. Tinerella’s bail was set at $400,000 in Kane County bond court, and his next court date is July 3.
Images: Photo Contest FinalistsJun 27, 2014 12:00 AM
Each week, you submit your favorite photo. We pick the best of the bunch and select the finalists. Here are the finalists for the week of June 23.
OC Imageworks receives Telly Award for video productionJun 27, 2014 12:00 AM
The Telly Awards has named OC Imageworks as a Bronze Award winner in the 35th Annual Telly Awards for their piece titled Kishwaukee College Emergency Preparedness Video. With nearly 12,000 entries from all 50 states and numerous countries, this is truly an honor.
Painting contractor association awards 13 scholarshipsJun 27, 2014 12:00 AM
The Finishing Contractors Association of Illinois (FCAI) recently awarded 13 college bound students scholarships during their Scholarship Awards Event.
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 101 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Pau but no pow for Bulls
- 'I prepared myself to die.' Survivors recall Flight 232 crash
- Dead body falls out of coroner van, lands in road
- What's up with Cleveland being so forgiving?
- All-too-familiar story for Bulls
- Galaxy Tab S review: The tablet may be too late
- O'Hare halting train service to economy lots
- Mystery solved! Couple claims lost wedding photos
- Cubs face tough choice with Alcantara
- Five charged with shooting gun outside home
- Berkshire Partners to buy Portillo's restaurants
- Wauconda recalls 'The Blues Brothers' filming in town
- Delle Donne shares her struggles with Lyme disease
- Family, friends mourn death of Glenbard East cheerleader
- Barrington Hills teen pleads guilty in fatal DUI case
- Editorial: Choosing gratitude and courage over pain and sorrow
- What's up with Cleveland being so forgiving?
- Aurora club sued over lead contamination in preserve
- Why the Bulls didn't hit the Melo jackpot
- Arlington Hts. siblings recovering from boating accident
- PAINTERS - PAINTERS ? must have DL & own vehicle. $18-$25/hr. Call 630-261-1001 (id:4379290) RECEPTIONIST - RECEPTIONIST Psychiatry office seekS FT Receptionist. 2 yrs exp preferred. Benefits offered. Fax resume to 847-783-0730 No phone calls please (id:4379020) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Schaumburg location. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4379598)
- JOB FAIR - Financial/Mortgage Dovenmuehle Mortgage, Inc. is the largest and fastest growing mortgage subservicing firm in the United States. Excellent full-time and part-time career opportunities are now available for individuals at our North Aurora office in our Customer Service and Collections departments. DATE: Thursday, July 17, 2014 TIME: 2:00PM -7:00PM LOCATION: Dovenmuehle Mortgage, Inc. 101 Overland Drive North Aurora, IL 60542 BENEFITS: Dovenmuehle provides an excellent work environment including: -Detailed training and development for entry-level employees -Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life and disability insurance benefits for full-time employees E-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org EOE/M/F/D/V www.dovenmuehle.com (id:4379884) HEALTH CARE - Our established office near Rockford / Belvidere area is seeking a full time or part time Dental Receptionist/ Dental Front Desk Person. Former customer service experience and computer skills preferred, bilingual Spanish a plus. We offer competitive salary, paid Holidays, paid vacation, X-mas bonus and there is a potential for cash bonus. We can train you if you are a self starter, highly motived, fast learner with an out-going personality. E-mail your resume to: Onesmiledentalpc@yahoo.com. "One smile at a time!" (id:4379531) OFFICE HELP - StChas company needs seasonal FT office help (April -Oct.) Word and Excel req'd. Strng organization, phone and people skills a must. Hlth Ins available. $12.50-Hr. Fax resume: 630-513-1609 or email: email@example.com (id:4379892)
- SALES ASSISTANT - Sales Assistant in Bloomingdale area. Mfr/distribution/ supply chain. Salary/Bonus/ Benefits. Please fax resume: 630-529-8620 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4379492) CUSTOMER SERVICE/WAREHOUSE - Immediate openings: Warehouse (lift truck) Customer Service Merchandise Handlers Go to www.bonton.com and click on career opportunities to see all current openings! (We are located at 1835 W Jefferson Ave., Naperville, IL) (id:4379643) CASHIER - Cashier Aramark Grayslake H.S. Part time cashiers/servers Starting 8/7 EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4379240)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.