Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Prairie Ridge High School
Crystal Lake South comes back to beat Prairie Ridge Mar 3, 2015 11:07 PM
After three quarters of less than stellar basketball, Crystal Lake South’s chances of beating District 155 rival Prairie Ridge for a third time this season seemed bleak. Shooting 7 of 30 from the field for 23 percent through 24 minutes, the second-seeded Gators trailed PR 32-22 heading into the fourth quarter. South saved its best for last. Spearheaded by a 17 -0 run, the Gators connected on all 6 shots they took in the final quarter including 4 of 4 from 3-point range in posting a 44-41 win over the stunned Wolves in Huntley Class 4A regional semifinal boys basketball action Tuesday night.
Jacobs notches 14th win in a row Feb 27, 2015 11:55 PM
When Jacobs boys basketball coach Jimmy Roberts analyzed his team’s schedule after a disappointing fourth place finish in the Hinkle Holiday Classic, he told his team there was absolutely no reason for it to lose and of its final 14 regular-season games. In fact, Roberts said he was going to do everything he possibly could to win 14-straight, and knew his Golden Eagles had it in them, too. Parts 1 through 13, completed over the last 8 weeks, racked up an undefeated Fox Valley Conference Valley Division crown and nonconference wins against Waukegan, Elgin and Libertyville. But part 14 of that long, second-half odyssey finally concluded Friday on Senior Night when Jacobs beat Prairie Ridge 71-61 in Algonquin in an FVC crossover between the two division leaders for the unofficial conference title.
Hampshire’s Barnett announces coaching retirement Feb 23, 2015 9:32 PM
Hampshire boys basketball coach Bob Barnett announced his retirement from coaching Monday afternoon, effective at the end of the season. Barnett, 54, said his decision is not directly related to his health, though he suffered two heart attacks on Nov. 20, 2012. He missed a game last week due to illness.
Hampshire can’t get past Prairie Ridge Feb 21, 2015 12:11 AM
Cory Lamb turned the game around in a heartbeat. With Hampshire trailing Prairie Ridge by a point, the Wolves’ junior swingman nailed a 3-pointer, made a steal and completed a conventional 3-point play, all in the span of about 20 seconds. Lamb’s spurt gave the Wolves a 49-42 lead and, although Hampshire got back within a point twice, the Whip-Purs could never get over the hump and fell to Prairie Ridge at home, 62-59.
Images: State Girls Gymnastics Friday Feb 20, 2015 10:31 PM
See competition Friday at the state girls gymnastics meet at Palatine High School.
Girls gymnastics / State meet scouting, Northwest Feb 19, 2015 3:26 PM
Here's a look ahead to this weekend's girls gymnastics state finals hosted by Palatine, from the perspective of Fremd, Barrington and Prospect as well as other competitors from the Mid-Suburban League.
Cary-Grove bounces Prairie Ridge Feb 18, 2015 11:17 PM
It was uncomfortably quiet for a few minutes in the field house at Grant on Wednesday night. All Cary-Grove guard Katie Barker could do was sympathize, and empathize. There on the floor, with less than two minutes left in a Class 4A regional semifinal game, sat Prairie Ridge guard Kelly Klendworth. She wasn’t moving, and she was in pain, holding her knee.
Solka helps Prairie Ridge co-op win at Lake Park Feb 12, 2015 11:39 PM
Prairie Ridge co-op junior Maddie Solka wasn’t even supposed to compete on Thursday night at the Lake Park girls gymnastics sectional. Solka, a Cary-Grove student, had injured her back in practice early in the week and was listed as doubtful for Thursday. But Solka ended up saving the day for the Wolves. Prairie Ridge was down to three gymnasts for the final event, floor exercise. Solka stepped in and gutted out a clutch performance in taking 10th place with a 9.3, propelling the Wolves to their fourth consecutive sectional title with 149.25 points in Roselle. Without Solka, Prairie Ridge would have finished with 139.93 points and missed the state cut. Instead the Wolves joined Geneva, Lyons Township, and Glenbrook South as automatic qualifiers. Fremd (146.25), Barrington (144.275), and Prospect (144.075) finished 2-3-4 at Lake Park and join DeKalb/Sycamore as at-large team qualifiers to state.
Group effort helps Hampshire clinch FVC Fox Division tie Feb 6, 2015 10:29 PM
When Prairie Ridge was determined to shut down Emma Benoit, plenty of others stepped up for Hampshire. Nikki Dumoulin and Rachel Dumoulin scored 12 points apiece, Peyton DeChant added 11 and Claudia Lazar chipped in 9 as the Whip-Purs clinched at least a share of the Fox Valley Conference Fox Division girls basketball championship by defeating the Wolves 52-35 in Hampshire Friday.
Zurlo, Hersey a big hit as Prairie Ridge rolls to regional title Feb 5, 2015 11:45 PM
Hersey’s girls gymnastics team and junior Alysa Zurlo made the most of their last chance on Thursday night while performing in their own regional meet. With an at-large berth at the Lake Park sectional on the line, the Huskies needed a big beam series in its last rotation. Zurlo delivered. She took second place on the beam (with a 9.2). That performance along with her teammates’ propelled Hersey to a third-place finish with 138.925 points. More importantly, the Huskies edged out Schaumburg for the final at-large bid in the Lake Park sectional by a mere .450 points.
Third-quarter spurt power Prairie Ridge Jan 31, 2015 10:15 PM
In a span that lasted all of 54 seconds to start the third quarter, the boys basketball game between Prairie Ridge and Grayslake Central changed. The Wolves scored 7 unanswered points. Then it went to 9. All before the host Rams could get a shot off. The Wolves’ relentless, half-court, trapping defense kept coming until the Rams finally cracked. Prairie Ridge outscored the hosts 12-2 to open the second half and never trailed again in defeating Grayslake Central for the second time this season, 65-54, in a Fox Valley Conference Fox Division contest Saturday night.
Jacobs nails down first FVC title Jan 31, 2015 9:40 PM
After finding itself on top of the competition at the end of day one of the Fox Valley Conference Tournament on Friday, Jacobs’ wrestling team had one goal in mind: win the FVC for the first time in school history. Despite being one of two Top 10 teams without an individual conference championship, the Golden Eagles had 14 wrestlers battle for a Top 5 spot and needed every one of them to hold off McHenry and win the conference title. Jacobs finished with 208.5 points, 7 ahead of the host school, Saturday afternoon at McHenry.
Jacobs in good position to win first FVC crown Jan 30, 2015 10:37 PM
What a difference a year makes. Last season, a less than sparkling opening day at the Fox Valley Conference wrestling tournament all but erased the hopes for Jacobs of a top four finish. On Friday, things were different for coach Gary Conrads’ club and with the Golden Eagles on the front foot from the opening bout, Jacobs finds itself heading into Saturday’s final day of the conference tournament with an 8-point lead, 105-97 over host McHenry, and 23-more than division rival Cary-Grove (82.0) which enjoyed a solid first day.
Girls bowling: Grayslake North wins FVC title Jan 30, 2015 11:06 PM
Dundee-Crown junior Brittany Mueller took third place individually to lead the Chargers to fourth place as a team Friday at the Fox Valley Conference girls bowling tournament at Liberty Lanes in Meadowdale. Jacobs took third place as a team while Grayslake North edged Grayslake Central for the conference championship.
Wrestling: Scouting the Fox Valley Conference Tournament Jan 29, 2015 5:52 PM
Scouting this weekend's Fox Valley Conference wrestling tournament.
Girls gymnastics: Mahoney injury tough loss for Prairie Ridge co-op Jan 28, 2015 6:32 PM
State runner-up Prairie Ridge (a co-op team comprised of all the District 155 schools) heads into the girls gymnastics postseason looking to overcome a major loss to the team. Cary-Grove senior Riley Mahoney, one of the team’s top all-rounders, is out for the season after suffering a knee injury in early January. Mahoney suffered an injury to the other knee last year.
Hampshire lets one slip away vs. Prairie Ridge Jan 23, 2015 10:51 PM
When Jake Tuttle scored on a layup off a perfect feed from Matt Bridges, Hampshire held a narrow 46-44 lead against host Prairie Ridge with 6:55 remaining. It figured to be a close game the rest of the way with either team having a chance to win. It didn’t happen that way. The visiting Whip-Purs connected on only 1 field goal down the stretch and were outscored by the Wolves 20-4. PR’s strong finish produced a 64-50 win in Fox Valley Conference Fox Division boys basketball action in Crystal Lake Friday night.
Lake Park sees improvement Jan 17, 2015 10:47 PM
As long as Lake Park freshman Kelly Zehnder sees improvement in her girls gymnastics routines, she’s happy.
Scoring droughts sink Hampshire against Prairie Ridge Jan 10, 2015 6:15 PM
Hampshire still had hope of recovering from its first scoring drought of nearly 5½ minutes in Saturday afternoon’s Fox Valley Conference Fox Division girls basketball showdown at Prairie Ridge. When the Whip-Purs’ offense deserted them a second time for exactly 10 minutes their hopes of a comeback had all but dried up in a 41-26 loss in Crystal Lake.
Images: Huntley vs. Prairie Ridge, boys basketball Dec 23, 2014 8:10 PM
Huntley High School faced Prairie Ridge in boys basketball action at the Jacobs' Hinkle Holiday Classic on Tuesday, Dec. 23 in Algonquin.
- West Chicago cop killer dies in prison
- Griffin: Rauner plan could cost suburbs 25% of reserves
- Are you smarter than a third-grader? Take the PARCC practice test.
- 'Take my name out' Naperville candidate says as council mulls his fate
- Witness regrets not reporting knife in Naperville bar
- COD candidate forum back on
- Top-ranked racquetball players to compete during Lombard's Shamrock Shootout
- Police searching for suspect who escalated bar brawl
- Teen sent to juvenile prison for killing sister
- Should Des Plaines pay alderman's legal bills?
- Rauner targets unions in Lake County speech
- Jenny McCarthy to appear at Arcada Theatre
- Fremd's wait for state is over
- Winter weather advisory in effect until noon
- Arlington Hts. board formally opposes Rauner budget cuts
- Crystal Lake police seek despondent teen
- Focused Montini overcomes Antioch
- Boys basketball scoreboard: Monday's results
- Mayors: Really 3 things in Rauner budget hurt suburbs
- Congress sends Homeland bill to Obama
- Rauner's transportation budget: Bikers up, transit down
- As many as 15 infants affected by Palatine measles cluster
- Griffin: Rauner plan could cost suburbs 25% of reserves
- Endorsement: Burke, Hartogh, Morris for Island Lake Village Board
- COD candidate forum back on
- COD candidates don't want a Breuder building
- West Chicago cop killer dies in prison
- Constable: Runner shirtless every winter day
- Science for 'girly-girls' -- new program hits Naperville
- New critical-thinking state tests cause angst
- CLEANING - Cleaning New construction cleanup reliable transportation req'd. M-F, 7a-5p, North & South suburbs. Call 815-895-3009 (id:4399360) SUPERINTENDENT - Superintendent for road construction projects. See www.peterbaker.com for information. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . EOE F-F-D-V (id:4399704) HOUSEKEEPERS COOKS AND FOOD SERVICE W - Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital in Wheaton is Now Hiring Full Time and Part Time Housekeepers, Cooks, and Food Service Workers. To apply please visit our website at www.marianjoy.org or call our Human Resources Department at (630) 909-7118. (id:4399721)
- WAREHOUSE - Machine Loader $8.25/hr 1st shift w/mandatory overtime. Holiday pay and 1 week bonus pay after 2000 hours! Lombard Own car a must. 773-205-1555 (id:4399616) RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Exp'd bartend- er, waitstaff, cooks, busboy/ dishwasher. Winthrop Harbor Call Lee at 574-329-4643 (id:4399374) HOME HEALTH RN - RN needed -case manager with on call rotation -to make visits to adult geriatric population in their homes. Previous home care experience helpful, but will train. On call RN position also available for nights and weekends. Visits are provided in the North-Northwest Chicago area and surrounding suburbs. Please call VMI Home Care: 773-467-1777 or e-mail resume email@example.com. Sign on Bonus available. (id:4398143)
- REHAB CARE ASSISTANT - C.N.A - Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital in Wheaton is Now Hiring Full Time and Part Time Certified Nursing Assistants. To apply please visit our website at www.marianjoy.org. (id:4399722) RECEPTIONIST - Receptionist -Palatine based MFG seeks Receptionist to Answer phones, greet customers, and file. Other projects as needed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4399753) CDL A DRIVERS - Drivers LOCAL COMPANY CDL A DRIVERS You Are Very Important To us! We want you to be very Well Compensated with Daily Home Time, be Home Weekends and have excellent benefits with a 401K! Plus we will provide you with a $1,500.00 Sign On Bonus!!! Chicagoland Pick Up & Delivery! Class A CDL with 1 yr. experience req. CDN Logistics, 317 W Lake Street, Northlake, IL 60164. Email: email@example.com Fax: 708-615-8806 (id:4399772)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.