Activate Your Free
Articles filed under McGraw, Mike
Bulls know rough road lies ahead Jan 30, 2011 8:49 PM
The Bulls need to be careful not to get satisfied with their 33-14 record, considering they'll play 11 of the next 14 games on the road. The trip begins Wednesday against the Los Angeles Clippers and coach Tom Thibodeau wants his player focused on nothing else but the next game.
Thibodeau fits right in with Bears' defensive tradition Jan 23, 2011 10:36 PM
Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau might be the city's best defensive coordinator since Buddy Ryan. The job he has done with the Bulls is beyond impressive. Despite all the injuries, changing lineups and lack of an all-defensive team player on the roster, the Bulls have made a strong case to be the league's best defensive team.
Bulls should learn something from short-handed win over Heat Jan 16, 2011 9:05 PM
Although both the Heat and the Bulls were shorthanded on Saturday, there are a couple of things the Bulls should learn from their victory over Miami.
Heat visit looms, but Bulls seem to match up better with Boston Jan 10, 2011 11:34 AM
There is no mistaking a big-game atmosphere at the United Center. The parking lots fill quicker, lines form early at the box-office windows and people crowd the sidewalks, waiting for the doors to open at 5:30 p.m.
Bulls' Rose among early candidates for league MVP Jan 2, 2011 9:36 PM
Bulls fans have been casting votes verbally all season, chanting “MVP” at guard Derrick Rose, usually when he steps to the foul line after another strong performance. The third-year point guard is definitely in the mix for NBA most valuable player this season. Whether he has a realistic chance at winning, it's too soon to tell.
Shooting guard remains an issue for Bulls Dec 27, 2010 10:14 PM
Watching the Bulls play the Detroit Pistons on Sunday, it was easy to have second thoughts about shooting guard. Ben Gordon, once the Bulls' leading scorer, is wasting away on the Pistons' bench. Gordon's scoring punch could be useful for the Bulls, if only he wasn't attached to that ridiculous contract that still has three years and $37 million remaining.
First test without Noah creates concern for Bulls Dec 19, 2010 9:27 PM
Easy as it is to panic after one poor performance, the Bulls have reason to be concerned about history repeating itself. Last season they made history with 5 straight road victories against winning teams, only to collapse into a 10-game losing streak a few weeks later when center Joakim Noah had to rest his aching foot.
Lack of free-throw attempts shouldn’t diminish Rose’s greatness Dec 12, 2010 8:54 PM
Derrick Rose has supplied plenty of excitement for Bulls fans this season, but we might also be watching him reinvent the accepted standards for what makes a great NBA player. In the short run, Rose has produced a remarkable stretch of 3-point shooting. He’s gone 16-for-25 from long range in the last five games, which adds up to 64 percent.
Bulls aspire to be more than a play-hard team Nov 28, 2010 9:06 PM
Denver coach George Karl paid the Bulls a compliment after Friday’s game. Or did he? Here’s the quote, via nba.com: “This team, Chicago, the thing right now, I think they’re probably the hardest playing team in the league. Play hard makes good things happen. Play hard can pick your team up when you have your best player not playing and almost win a game. I’m not sure they weren’t the best team on the court tonight. We were more fortunate probably than good.”
Trip looms for Bulls, but Boozer's return will be bigger event Nov 15, 2010 11:38 AM
As the trapezes are hung from the United Center ceiling, here are a few things we've learned in the opening weeks of the NBA season: Boston is very capable of beating Miami's Soft Beach lineup, the Western Conference remains as dominant as ever, and Chris Paul hasn't given up on a future in New Orleans.
Rose determined to master art of the last-second shot Nov 7, 2010 8:58 PM
Like every other kid who has ever shot baskets on the playground by himself, Derrick Rose used to count down the clock, challenging himself to knock down an imaginary game-winner.
The Johnson plan provides some insight into Thibodeau’s style Oct 31, 2010 10:43 PM
First-time NBA head coach Tom Thibodeau proved he’s capable of some tough love and is willing to stray from the game plan during Saturday’s comeback victory over Detroit at the United Center.
Some answers for the Bulls’ playing time questions Oct 24, 2010 8:33 PM
The Bulls began final preparations for Wednesday’s season opener in Oklahoma City, and two of the last players to leave the gym following Sunday’s practice were C.J. Watson and Ronnie Brewer.
NBA right to curb complaining, but what about replay? Oct 17, 2010 9:37 PM
Every year, the NBA comes up with certain “points of emphasis" for referees to enforce. A new initiative this season is a crackdown on player complaints, which has resulted in more technical fouls during the preseason.
Solving the NBA's labor problems should be easy Oct 11, 2010 7:55 AM
There has been a storm cloud hanging over the NBA for the past several months, and I'm not talking about LeBron James' management team.
With Rose and Durant, USA has shot at Worlds Mar 8, 2011 4:27 PM
Bulls guard Derrick Rose is toiling in Turkey right now, leading a group that has been dismissed as America's 'B' Team in the FIBA World Championships.
Critics of LeBron's TV show missing big picture Jul 8, 2010 12:01 AM
Between games at the Orlando summer league Wednesday, Magic coach Stan Van Gundy took the opportunity to say he won't be watching the LeBron James Decision 2010 special.
Why is Joe Johnson still sitting on his max offer? Jul 3, 2010 1:40 PM
This would be a great time for an honest conversation with Atlanta guard Joe Johnson. The Hawks surprised the NBA world by offering Johnson a full six-year maximum contract worth around $120 million on the eve of free-agency.
Trading down in draft could make sense for Bulls Jun 21, 2010 12:01 AM
Last year at this time, most of the NBA draft buzz focused on how the class of 2009 was relatively weak. That forecast turned out to be wildly inaccurate. Last season's rookie crop was strong at the top, with guards Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry and Brandon Jennings posting remarkable numbers.
Even while winning 61 games, Cavs made huge mistake Jun 9, 2010 12:01 AM
A chaotic front office doesn't figure to help Cleveland's cause when it comes to retaining LeBron James this summer.
- Prosecutors: 'Rejection' helped push Naperville man in stabbing case
- Route 137 near Grayslake reopens after crash
- You could win a 'Back to the Future' DeLorean
- Rauner targets unions in Lake County speech
- Mayors: Really 3 things in Rauner budget hurt suburbs
- Cubs: Some Wrigley bleachers may wait until June
- Services set for White Sox legend Minoso
- Roskam gives Netanyahu painting before controversial speech
- Man robbed in Des Plaines strip mall parking lot
- Endorsement: Burke, Hartogh, Morris for Island Lake Village Board
- We missed big snow, but wintry mess heading our way
- Sharp, Hawks deny any team turmoil
- Rozner: Blackhawks needed help and Bowman scored big
- Constable: Runner shirtless every winter day
- Rauner's transportation budget: Bikers up, transit down
- Bouncer shot during Fox Lake bar brawl
- Trial set to begin in Naperville teacher's slaying
- House GOP has a Homeland Security funding dilemma
- LeGere: Could be time to move on for some Bears
- McCarthy, Wahlberg apparently staying in area
- Rauner's transportation budget: Bikers up, transit down
- Complexities prove you can question evolution
- Rauner targets unions in Lake County speech
- Pac-Man-themed restaurant opens at Woodfield
- Elgin lawmaker: Let people have up to 5 pot plants
- Winter weather advisory in effect until noon
- Most COD candidates don't want Breuder's name on building
- More students receiving special-ed services
- Arlington Hts. board formally opposes Rauner budget cuts
- Refurbished Antioch Theatre to reopen Friday
- RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Exp'd bartend- er, waitstaff, cooks, busboy/ dishwasher. Winthrop Harbor Call Lee at 574-329-4643 (id:4399374) PARALEGAL - Corporate, Commercial Real Estate & Litigation Paralegal Exp'd paralegal needed im- mediately for Wheaton law firm. firstname.lastname@example.org Incl. Paralegal Candidate on subj line (id:4399493) DRIVER / AUTO MECHANIC / WELDER - Driver/auto mechanic/welder welding exp. & auto repair with own tools, CDL A. Business located in Elgin: pick up/ deliver to local Chicagoland area. email@example.com (id:4399336)
- TEACHER PRESCHOOL - Teacher FT Rolling Meadows PreSchool. Must be teacher qualified. Salary and benefits. Call Sara at 847-991-7900 or vcarolling firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4398779) PRODUCTION/WAREHOUSE - Franklin Pk -Reliable and hardworking person needed for an entry level position. Union pstn w-good benefits. Resume-job history to Fax 847-455-8837 or resume-submission@hotmail No Phone Calls! (id:4399514) INDUSTRIAL SEWING MACHINE OPERATOR - Industrial Sewing Machine Operator $10/hr Lincolnwood/ Skokie area English a must. 773-205-1555 (id:4399617)
- MANUFACTURING - Manufacturing/ Plastics $9/hr 6:45am-7pm and 6:45pm-7am Temp to Hire with GREAT Benefits upon perm hire!! Immediate Jobs 630-620-9800 (id:4399754) MANUFACTURING OPEN HOUSE - Manufacturing OPEN HOUSE Orientations EVERY Tuesday in March & April, 10am-3pm! ANDREWS STAFFING 726 East Dundee, Palatine, IL ;; Maintenance Mechanic-to $14 Material Handler $12 Injection Molding to $12 Assembly -$12 Picker to $12 Office Clerk -to $14 Tester/ Packer $10 Machine Operator -to $9.75 Data Entry Clerk - $9 Call 847-202-6200 for details. email@example.com (id:4399637) JOB FAIR - JOB FAIR EVENT Wed. 3/4/15 -10am -4pm Holiday Inn Express 6600 Manheim Road Rosemont, IL 60018 -Exciting job fueling commercial aircraft -Team environment focused on keeping aircraft safe and on schedule -Career-oriented position with opportunity for paid training and job advancement -Access to great benefits like Health, Life, 401K and tuition reimbursement Pay starts at $9.25. Qualified applicants will possess high school diploma or GED and valid drivers license; no previous experience required. Please complete your online application to apply for positions at Chicago O'Hare International Airport www.asig.com/employment Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. (id:4399773)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.