Daily Herald's print edition.
Articles filed under Hitzeman, Harry
Kane heroin overdose case appears headed to trialFeb 23, 2014 12:00 AM
The case of a 42-year-old Aurora man charged in the spring 2013 heroin overdose death of his longtime girlfriend appears headed to trial. A Kane County judge recently denied a move by defense attorneys to ban statements made by Charles Minard, who is charged with drug-induced homicide, to investigators.
Kane County prosecutors ready for March 18 primaryFeb 16, 2014 12:00 AM
The March 18 primary election is a little more than a month away and the Kane County state’s attorney’s office is prepared. The office will have a special phone line — (630) 208-5328 — available from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. that day to field complaints of possible illegal election activity, such as electioneering, improper placement of campaign signs, or denial of voting rights.
Attorney: Victim in West Aurora sex abuse lawsuit showed courage Feb 9, 2014 12:00 AM
A former West Aurora High School student who sued West Aurora District 129 for not protecting her from sexual abuse at the hands of a band teacher and failing to report suspicions to state officials has shown a tremendous amount of courage, her attorney said. “I just feel great that my client had enough courage to stand up and participate in civil proceedings and the criminal case.”
North Aurora honors top cop for compassion, diligence Feb 2, 2014 12:00 AM
It wasn’t chasing down a robbery suspect on foot or solving a decades-old murder case that earned Officer John “Jake” Kerlin the 2013 Officer of the Year Award for the North Aurora Police Department. Rather, it was kind, compassionate personal attention to an elderly woman in need and diligence after responding to a public dumping complaint.
Homeowner gets lawyer to help in battle with St. Charles Jan 26, 2014 12:00 AM
The legal saga surrounding the city of St. Charles' effort to force Cliff McIlvaine to finish a decades-old construction project is entering its fourth year. And with it, a new push from McIlvaine to have the city leave him alone.
Kane prosecutor supports expansion of recorded police questioning Jan 19, 2014 12:00 AM
Lawyers like to say that physical evidence doesn’t lie. And neither does the video camera. Mandatory video recording of suspect interviews will expand to a host of other serious crimes thanks to a new state law. Kane County State's Attorney Joe McMahon supports the change.
Aurora man gets chance to fight conviction, 70-year sentence Jan 12, 2014 12:00 AM
Christopher R. House in still in prison, but he has a chance to challenge his conviction and subsequent 70-year sentence for a 2006 murder in Aurora. An appellate court panel recently ruled that House’s petition of ineffective counsel that he filed on his own was improperly dismissed by a Kane County judge.
Perez wants Ebey award to continue beyond 2014 Dec 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Kane County Sheriff Pat Perez hopes his successor won't scrap the Roscoe Ebey Citizen of the Year award after Perez leaves office next year. “I’m sure whoever steps into the role of sheriff will continue this because how could you not?" Ebey, a well-liked World War II veteran, was killed in spring 2007 Aurora Township home invasion.
Suit: Carpentersville cop’s laptop to blame for crash that injured sisters Dec 8, 2013 12:00 AM
Two Gilberts sisters have sued a Carpentersville police officer, the police department and village, seeking damages from a May crash in which the officer claimed his front-seat laptop computer partially blocked his view. “That’s what he said in the police report,” said David Petrich, attorney for plaintiffs Alli and Crystal Giblin.
Authorities: Hampshire man caught with pipes, pot at courthouse, blames ex Nov 24, 2013 12:00 AM
A 50-year-old Hampshire man said he wanted to stop his estranged wife from using drugs, but he’s now accused of bringing what he claimed was her pot and paraphernalia to court. Dan D. Travis was charged with two misdemeanors Nov. 8 after he tried to enter the Kane County Judicial Center in St. Charles with two marijuana pipes and marijuana in his jacket, authorities say.
3-year sentence for St. Charles man for child porn Nov 17, 2013 12:00 AM
A 34-year-old St. Charles man recently was sentenced to three years in prison after pleading guilty to child pornography possession. Refugio M. Padilla Jr., of the 7N200 block of Barb Hill Drive, also must pay a fine of $2,365, according to court records.
Kane Co. plans ‘No Refusal’ DUI patrol on day before Thanksgiving Nov 10, 2013 12:00 AM
The Kane County State’s Attorney’s Office will hold its next “No Refusal” event on Nov. 27, the day before Thanksgiving. Also known as “Black Wednesday,” it is considered one of the biggest drinking days of the year.“Historically, this is a popular night ,” said State’s Attorney Joe McMahon.
Suspended attorney causes stir at Kane County jail Nov 3, 2013 12:00 AM
A Chicago attorney suspended from practicing law caused a little ruckus last week at the Kane County jail, where he was arrested two days in a row on misdemeanor trespassing charges.
Judge dismisses suit stemming from Aurora hospital stabbing Oct 27, 2013 12:00 AM
An elderly woman who was stabbed by a mentally ill man at the then Provena Mercy Medical Center in Aurora more than three years ago will not be receiving any monetary damages from the hospital. A judge recently dismissed a lawsuit filed on behalf of Naomi Leeth Johnson after her granddaughter, who was acting as their attorney, failed to appear in court.
Back to prison for Aurora man who killed pasasenger in 2001 DUI crash Oct 20, 2013 12:00 AM
An Aurora man who went to prison for a reckless homicide 12 years ago is headed back there again. Christopher A. Perez, 34, of the 2200 block of Jericho Road, recently was sentenced to four years in prison after pleading guilty to aggravated DUI with a previous reckless homicide conviction, according to court records.
McHenry courthouse a bad place for fistfight Oct 13, 2013 12:00 AM
A 20-year-old Harvard man apparently picked a bad place to start a fight — the McHenry County Courthouse. Authorities arrested and charged Daniel Stott with felony aggravated battery shortly after 9:15 a.m. Oct. 7 after an altercation on the third floor of the Woodstock courthouse.
Sugar Grove man who shot signs faces new gun charge Oct 6, 2013 12:00 AM
A Sugar Grove man who got probation in 2011 for shooting rural street signs in Sugar Grove Township is in trouble again on a weapons charge. Gabriel Carpenter, 27, was charged Sept. 24 with felony possession of a firearm. He is accused of pulling a gun, which later went off, after getting into a scuffle in Aurora.
Elgin rooftop burglar gets probation, restitution Sep 22, 2013 12:00 AM
An Elgin teen accused of entering through a roof vent to steal $1,200 and steaks from an Elgin grocery store, as well as burglarizing the city’s American Legion Post, has avoided prison under a plea deal. But Isaac Aguirre, 18, must pay $2,985 restitution to Armando’s Supermarket and the Elgin American Legion Post 57, and is banned from both locations.
McHenry County ushers in electronic court filing, Kane to follow suit Sep 15, 2013 12:00 AM
The 22nd Judicial Circuit in McHenry County recently became the seventh circuit in Illinois to allow electronic filing of lawsuits. Kane County officials overseeing the 16th Judicial Circuit hope to have e-filing in place some time in 2014.
Man on probation for thefts charged with trying to beat drug test Sep 8, 2013 12:00 AM
A 22-year-old who got probation for residential burglaries and auto theft in Wayne in December 2012 to fund a heroin addiction may have lost his chance to stay out of prison. Evan A. Nelsen was arrested and accused of bringing a honey container filled with someone else’s urine to an Aug. 30 drug test that was required for his probation, according to court records.
- Snow? Who knows? But the cold is a fact
- Bulls unlikely to land Granger
- Ravina lineup includes Carrie Underwood, James Taylor
- Mount Prospect bakery finds temporary home after fire
- Decade ago, everything seemed ducky for Prior and Cubs
- Glassmann, Fremd make it happen in MSL title game
- Dawn Patrol: Lawmakers look at soda tax; Mundelein ready to buy land
- Schaumburg gives green light to Zurich American HQ
- Streamwood's Fireside Ale House off to a good start
- Cubs wait on Almora
- Residents call for Dist. 54 chief's firing after DUI charge
- '3 Days' really two bad movies in one
- Park Ridge boy in Amber Alert found unharmed
- Lake County lawmakers want to dissolve Fox Waterway Agency
- Suburban doctor charged with illegally dispensing OxyContin
- Algonquin man on 'most wanted' list arrested
- Ex-Addison cop facing multiple charges gets $200,000 bond
- Religious leaders unite against graffiti attacks
- Small business owners sound off in Elgin
- Route 137 opening has immediate impact
- Residents call for Dist. 54 chief's firing after DUI charge
- Get ready for a huge loss of tax money
- Duckworth shines bright in first term
- Lake Park pool push getting mixed reviews
- COD trustees reimbursed for driving to meetings
- Land of opportunity now of opportunism
- First concealed carry permits could be issued next week
- Streamwood firehouse reopens 4 years after closing
- Wauconda administrator earns praise
- Plan calls for white water rafting on Fox River
- SALES - HIGH VOLUME CONSTRUCTION CO IS NOW HIRING SALES PROFESSIONALS@60K TO START WITH RESIDUALS. EXPERIENCE IN THE TRADES A PLUS BUT NOT NECESSARY. WE OFFER A GREAT BASE PAY WITH UNCAPPED COMMISSIONS. OUR STRONG SYSTEM AND STRONG MANAGEMENT ASSURE SIX FIGURE INCOMES BY 2ND YEAR. WE ARE LOOKING FOR AMBITIOUS SALES REPS TO START IMMEDIATLEY. WE ALSO SEEK LABORERS, INSPECTORS, PERMIT RUNNERS AND OFFICE STAFF. CALL FOR AN INTERVIEW 847-540-7711 (id:4366359) SALES - -Roll with the Pros - Seeking Talented Reps Avg. $15/hr -Cash Bonus Banker Hours -Weekdays Immediate Interviews! Call: 847-741-1200 (id:4366084) QUALITY MANAGER - Engineering: Rubicon Technology, Inc. (Batavia, IL) seeks Quality Manager with MS in Indust. Eng. +2 yrs experience as a quality engineer. Must have completed projects involving: 1. Maintenance and improvement of quality systems to ISO Standards; 2. Advanced skills in implementation of SPC and DOE methodologies; 3. Process validation and qualification studies as they relate to new and existing products. Must be SixSigma Black Belt certified. Submit resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with QM2014 in subject. No calls. (id:4365435)
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Admin Asst. -SPORTS Connor Sports is seeking an Admin. Assistant at our Elk Gr. office. BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM. Positive, upbeat personality a must Candidates must be proficient in MS Office. E-mail resumes to email@example.com (id:4365897) PT BUS DRIVERS - PART-TIME BUS DRIVERS Free CDL Training, Monthly Bonus Opportunity, Vision and Dental Insurance, morning & afternoon schedules, ability to work in your community, Mini Bus or suburban routes, Perfect job for retirees, stay at home parents or just looking to earn extra money. Must be 21 years of age, drug free, no criminal background, current driver's license in good stand-ing for the previous 3 years, must enjoy working with children. Must be reliable. For fur-ther conditions & details call 630.357.1070 Naperville 630.668.1188 Winfield (id:4365853) SUBSTITUTE TEACHER - Education -Substitute Teach-ers needed in Marquardt School Dist. 15, Glendale Hts. Sliding pay scale: $95-125.00/ day. Illinois or substitute teach-er licensing requires with registration in DuPage County. Contact HR at 630-469-7615 x1171 for an application packet (id:4365766)
- ROUTE DRIVER - Route Driver -run a food route in our truck. Great pay, great benefits. Apply in person Master Brew, 3550 Woodhead Northbrook, IL (id:4366074) MACHINE OPRERATORS - Assembly Technician $9/hr Must read-write-speak English & have soldering exp. 1st shift Glendale Heights 630-620-9800 (id:4366092) RECEPTIONIST - Receptionist -Elk Grove Village company seeking receptionist. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4366231)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.