Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Elburn
Germany youth band to give free concert in BataviaJul 10, 2014 12:00 AM
The GHO Symphonic Band of Heide, Germany, will give a free concert for the community at 7:30 p.m. Monday, July 14, at Immanuel Lutheran Church and School, 950 Hart Road, Batavia.
Fox Valley Festival Chorus plans garage sale fundraiser Aug. 1-2Jul 10, 2014 12:00 AM
The Fox Valley Festival Chorus plans a summer garage and craft sale “Treasures, Treats and ?” to help support its 2014-15 Lincoln Center performance season.
KAI Summer Theatre presents ‘Once Upon a Mattress’Jul 9, 2014 12:00 AM
Page 2 The Kaneland Arts Initiative will conclude its 2013-14 season with the fifth annual summer theater production of “Once Upon a Mattress.” It will be presented July 11-13 and 18-20 in the auditorium of Kaneland High School.
Tri-Cities police reportsJul 8, 2014 12:00 AM
Ten people were charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor at 2:07 .m. June 27 in the 2900 block of Husking Peg Lane, Geneva, according to a police report.
It’s barbecue fest weekend in the Fox ValleyJul 8, 2014 12:00 AM
The aroma of grilled meats and the sounds of live music will fill the air this weekend at two barbecue festivals in the Fox Valley -- Lake in the Hills Rockin' Ribfest and the Firin' Up the Fox BBQ Competition and Festival in St. Charles.
KAI Summer Theatre presents ‘Once Upon a Mattress’Jul 8, 2014 12:00 AM
If you thought you knew the story of "The Princess and The Pea," you may be in for a walloping surprise! Did you know, for instance that Princess Winnifred actually swam the moat to reach Prince Dauntless the Drab? Or that Lady Larken's love for Sir Harry provided a rather compelling reason that she reach the bridal alter post haste? Or that, in fact, it wasn't the pea at all that caused the princess a sleepless night? Carried on a wave of wonderful songs, by turns hilarious and raucous, romantic and melodic, this rollicking spin on the familiar classic of royal courtship and comeuppance provides for some side-splitting shenanigans. Chances are you'll never look at fairy tales quite the same way again.
Veterans, active duty service members invited to Valor Games Midwest CompetitionJul 8, 2014 12:00 AM
The three-day, multi-sport competition – which will take place from Aug. 20 until Aug. 22 – is the only one of its kind to bring together wounded, ill or injured active duty service members and veterans to instill positive values through sports.
Elburn native dances to fame with Austin Mahone, Justin BieberJul 7, 2014 12:00 AM
Aubree Storm, who grew up in Elburn, has criss-crossed the globe these past few years working as a choreographer and hip-hop dancer for some of the world's biggest teen pop stars, including Justin Bieber. She's now a contributing choreographer for singer Austin Mahone. “Every TV performance you see (of Mahone), I stage.”
It takes many clovers to make a meadowJul 7, 2014 12:00 AM
There’s a whole world of clovers out there. Each kind is useful, and each is pretty in its own right. The next time you walk in a field, look around and you’ll surely see a clover or two. Here are some of the varieties you'll find locally.
Tour a ‘Garden of Ideas’ in Kane County July 8Jul 3, 2014 12:00 AM
As your garden grows this summer, are you thinking about new designs or looking to explore new plant varieties? Inspiration is close to home in the Kane County Master Gardeners’ Idea Garden, which is open to the public from 9 to 11 a.m. on Tuesday, July 8.
Dundee Township Rotary Club names Rotarians of the Year Jul 3, 2014 12:00 AM
Carolyn Kasper and Betsy Little were named "Rotarians of the Year" by the Dundee Township Rotary Club. The club also is beginning its new year with the theme "35/50," which ties in with the goal to reach 50 members by next June. 2015 also marks the club's 35th anniversary.
Elburn spa told to stop massages until workers are licensedJul 2, 2014 12:00 AM
An Elburn business has been ordered to stop offering massages until its employees can provide proof they have been licensed by the state as massage therapists. Asian Massage and BodyWorks, 151 E. Route 38, had a business license to operate as a tanning salon and beauty parlor. But village officials have received complaints from people who suspect it is offering sexually oriented massages.
Kids are invited to “Game Plan” sports campJul 2, 2014 12:00 AM
Come and join the fun! Hey, isn’t that what summer is all about? We love kids at Bethany and we’re sure you’ll love our Sports camp. Camp is open to boys and girls, age 4-12.
Registration news for Kaneland Unit District 302Jul 1, 2014 12:00 AM
Kaneland Unit District 302 will begin the new school year on Wednesday, Aug. 20, with a full day of classes. Full bus service to all schools and full hot lunch service at the middle school and high school will be provided the first day of school.
Local painters exhibit beautiful creations Jul 1, 2014 12:00 AM
Artists seem to see through different eyes, while we get to enjoy the product of their vision and their inspiration when they share their works of art as a whole. Come see for yourself when The Woodstock Group exhibits beautiful works of art in the Kavanagh Gallery at Fine Line Creative Arts Center in St. Charles.
Kaneland names new asst. principal at elementary school Jul 1, 2014 12:00 AM
The Kaneland Unit District 302 board of education is pleased to announce the appointment of Kathy Webster to be .5 Assistant Principal at Kaneland John Stewart Elementary School for the 2014-15 school year.
Elburn vet drops lawsuit over anonymous ‘rag doll’ cat websitesJun 27, 2014 12:00 AM
An Elburn veterinarian has dismissed her lawsuit filed earlier this year in an effort to shut down websites critical of her business of selling rag doll cats, a which are a docile breed with blue eyes that go limp like a doll when held. Jennifer Creed's attorneys would not comment, but the websites were not found on the Internet as of Friday.
OC Imageworks receives Telly Award for video productionJun 27, 2014 12:00 AM
The Telly Awards has named OC Imageworks as a Bronze Award winner in the 35th Annual Telly Awards for their piece titled Kishwaukee College Emergency Preparedness Video. With nearly 12,000 entries from all 50 states and numerous countries, this is truly an honor.
NIU names Harlan Teller interim VP for marketing and communicationsJun 26, 2014 12:00 AM
Northern Illinois University appointed NIU alumnus Harlan Teller to the position of interim vice president, overseeing the university’s Division of Marketing & Communications for the next two years.
Planes to spray for gypsy moths over Montgomery, GenevaJun 26, 2014 12:00 AM
If you see planes flying over Montgomery or Geneva early Monday, June 30, don’t panic. It’s the state Department of Agriculture spraying for the dreaded gypsy moth. Sometimes the planes can be noisy, and they start dropping small pheromone flakes at the crack of dawn. The state of Illinois doesn’t always get a lot of calls of complaint, but they like to spread the word as early and often as possible to make sure residents have a heads-up.
- Family, friends mourn death of Glenbard East cheerleader
- Wauconda recalls 'The Blues Brothers' filming in town
- Barrington Hills teen pleads guilty in fatal DUI case
- Arlington Hts. woman ID'd as boating accident victim
- 3 life sentences for Hoffman Estates murders
- Glen Ellyn woman upset with roped-off parkways at parade
- Car plows into Elk Grove Village apartments
- Who's more valuable to Hawks? Toews or Kane?
- Long-vacant Bartlett land targeted for 43 houses
- Round Lake Beach police officer faces gas theft charge
- Exploring Carmelo Anthony's waiting game
- Wauconda Dominick's site primed for new tenant
- American's Paris kitchen becomes way of life
- Man shot in Round Lake Heights
- Elburn native finds fame with Mahone, Bieber
- Round Lake Beach police officer faces gas theft charge
- Toews, Kane agree to 8-year extensions with Blackhawks
- 3 life sentences for Hoffman Estates murders
- Documents: Ex-Bull Brunson tried to assault therapist
- Geneva doctor charged in 2012 St. Charles sexual assault
- MARKET AND PRODUCT PERFORMANCE ANALYST - Market and Product Performance Analyst WMS Gaming Inc. is seeking a Market and Product Performance Analyst in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in Marketing and 3 years related exp. Prior exp. must include: developing research reports and creating internal/external stakeholder facing presentation; determining proper methodology for research studies and creating questionnaires for casino product and player research; managing third party vendors for the creation of an annual publication on the gaming market and an internal study on customers preferences; recommending and leading market tests to determine optimal slot game configuration including, but not limited to, maximum and minimum bet, win per unit index, and overall performance. Please apply on-line at www.wms.com/Careers and search for Job ID # 2920 (id:4378756) RECEPTIONIST - Community Connections Center -Intake Coordinator/ Receptionist (Part-time) The Village of Mount Prospect, Illinois, population 54,000 is located 22 miles from downtown Chicago and five miles north of O'Hare International Airport. The Human Services Department is seeking a qualified individual for the part-time Intake Coordinator/Receptionist position at the Community Connections Center. The Intake Coordinator/Receptionist provides administrative support to the Community Connections Center Coordinator, the Mount Prospect Public Library South Branch and partner agencies. Support consists of, but is not limited to, general office duties, assisting visitors to the center with inquires, providing information and referrals, scheduling appointments, conducting intake and entering data. Qualified candidates must be bilingual in English and Spanish, have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, possess a valid Illinois Driver's License and be able to work flexible hours. An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in the Human Services field is preferred. The position offers an average of 20-25 hours per week depending on operational needs of the center, participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) and part-time paid vacation benefits after one (1) year of employment. Starting rate is $16.00 -$19.00 per hour depending on qualifications. Send resume and cover letter to Julie Kane, Human Services Director, Village of Mount Prospect, 50 S. Emerson St, Mount Prospect, IL 60056, Fax: (847) 818-5321, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application forms are available for download at www.mountprospect.org. EOE (id:4378619) AUTO - Auto -Tire Connections Lombard, exp'd shop help to work in our full service tire & auto service center. Call Mike or Tony 630-620-7616 (id:4379474)
- RN/NAVIGATOR - Provides ongoing skilled (nursing) assessment and coordination of services within a continuum of care and oversees service delivery for multidisciplinary team within Community Physical Therapy. Provides clinical leadership through care coordination, patient education and support for patients and their families around the complexity of health care for seniors. Must be IL licensed. Navigator is expected to be completed in 4hr-wk per building. Please contact Rosy Carmody at 630-766-0505 ext. 212 email@example.com (id:4377025) ART INSTRUCTOR - Education MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution to serve Cicero, IL and the surrounding communities. We currently have the following position available: ART INSTRUCTOR TENURE TRACK/FULL-TIME FACULTY POSITION The seasoned faculty member we seek will be charged with teaching art history courses, fine arts courses, and related courses to a diverse student population. Participating on faculty committees and performing other duties related to teaching at a community college will also be involved. The successful candidate will be an experienced educator in the fine arts and related media, and a practicing artist with an active exhibit/professional record. Ideal candidate will engage in the critical discourse, both fine and digital art, and have a comprehensive understanding of the role of various art media in contemporary art practice, as well as trends in community college instruction. Qualified individual must have a Master's degree or Master of Fine Arts degree in Art, Digital Arts, or a closely related field, in addition to possessing 18 graduate credit hours in Art or closely related field. Excellent analytical, interpersonal, oral/written communication skills, as well as advanced PC proficiency. A strong record of professional accomplishment, as demonstrated through portfolio, is essential. College teaching experience in all levels of art history, fine arts, digital arts and related fields, as well as special expertise in relevant art and animation software is desirable. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to www.morton.edu & click on Working@Morton. Download application, authorization release form, and send cover letter, resume, copy of transcripts (required upon hire), & salary history via e-mail to: HumanResources@morton.edu, fax: 708-656-0025, or mail to: HR Dept., Morton College, 3801 S. Central Ave., Cicero, IL 60804. EOE (id:4377717) CUSTOMER SERVICE REP - Customer Service Rep Medium sized, metals processor and distributor in W. suburbs seeks exp'd CSR. -enter day to day transactions; orders, production, shipping -maintain sufficient inventory levels by customer -follow production orders through order fulfillment -direct & monitor the load cycle -work independently & detail oriented -problem solver & computer literate Email firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4379360)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.