Activate Your Free
Articles filed under East Dundee
Girl Scouts collect donations to send “Cookies For Soldiers” March 21 Mar 18, 2015 7:15 PM
With a goal of 500 boxes this year, two Hampshire Girl Scouts wil host a “Fill the Duffle Bag with Cookies for Soldiers” on Saturday, March 21, from noon to 3 p.m. at Brar Dentistry in South Elgin. For every $4 donated, a box of Girl Scout cookies will be sent to a soldier. Soldiers from the recruitment center in Carpentersville will be joining the girls to lend support and thank donors.
Get in your order for Elgin Lions’ annual Rose Day Mar 18, 2015 8:16 PM
Members of the Elgin Lions Club are conducting the club’s 31st annual Rose Day. They will be selling one dozen long-stemmed roses for $15 between now and Friday, March 27, for delivery on April 1-3.
Algonquin’s Shamrock Shave raises over $62,000 Mar 18, 2015 8:46 PM
St. Margaret Mary’s annual “Shamrock Shave” raised more than $62,500 for needy in the community and pediatric cancer research. You can still pledge your favorite Shavee online up until April 1.
Justice and Healing Seminar offered March 28 at Barrington UMC Mar 18, 2015 8:26 PM
A Justice and Healing Seminar will be held from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, March 28, at Barrington United Methodist Church. Join the presenters as they lead a dialogue on justice and healing for the nation. They will share their perspectives on the church’s responsibility to create the “beloved community,” their personal experiences, what your individual and collective Christian responsibilities are in understanding the issues, speaking out about injustices and acting in ways that demonstrate commitment to Christian ideals.
Attend Habitat for Humanity homeowner orientation March 24 Mar 17, 2015 3:52 PM
Habitat for Humanity of Northern Fox Valley builds simple, decent, and affordable homes in partnership with low-income families and individuals. The organization offers a hand up, not a hand out, by providing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to build a long-term investment. The next Homeowner Orientation night will be held at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 24.
Mahony sworn in as East Dundee trustee Mar 17, 2015 10:08 AM
Kathleen Mahony was sworn in as an East Dundee trustee Monday night, filling the former seat of recently-deceased Michael Ruffulo.
Spring Farmers’ Market returns to Elgin church March 29 Mar 18, 2015 9:41 PM
The community is invited to the Spring Farmers’ Market from 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday, March 29, at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Elgin. This free event features sustainably produced foods and handmade artisan products, including fresh greens, root vegetables, Alaskan salmon, pastured meats (beef, pork, sheep, chicken), mushrooms, salsas, granola, vegan entrees, honey, beeswax, whole grain baked goods, infused oils and vinegars, French pastries, Jersey cheese, artisan tea blends, handcrafted soaps, candles, gourd art, natural skin care, nature photo cards, to-go bags for leftovers, jewelry, fair trade organic coffees, teas, chocolates, and more.
Health Insurance for People 65 + Years Mar 17, 2015 3:12 PM
This lesson will explore the options and tools necessary for health insurance decisions by people approaching or whom are already on Medicare.
Images: Weekend Review Mar 16, 2015 9:00 AM
See some of the best pictures by Daily Herald photographers from this past weekend.
Images: The Week in Pictures Mar 16, 2015 1:00 AM
This edition of The Week in Pictures features Daily Herald staff photos of an award winning cop, the former presidaent of Mexico and high school students rehearsing for their performance with legendary band Foreigner.
Easter egg hunt for adults by moonlight and flashlight Mar 16, 2015 7:42 PM
With flashlight in hand, adults, age 18 and older, are invited to search for Easter eggs from 8 to 10 p.m. Friday, March 27, and Saturday, March 28, at Boy Scout Camp Big Timber in Elgin. The first-ever Three Fires Council Adult Flashlight Egg Hunt includes 6,000 numbered plastic Easter eggs scattered over 10 acres of wooded campground. Select eggs will be redeemable for prizes. The grand prize (each night) is a 42-inch flat screen television.
Constable: March Malaise for Illinois basketball fans Mar 17, 2015 5:26 AM
Our neighbor to the north has a No. 1 seed in the NCAA basketball tournament with Wisconsin and star player Frank Kaminsky from Benet Academy in Lisle. Meanwhile, Illinois sends two disappointed teams limping into the NIT tourney.
East Dundee holds memorial St. Patrick’s Day parade Mar 15, 2015 1:09 AM
The Thom McNamee Memorial St. Patrick’s Day parade in East Dundee began at 11 a.m. Saturday at Rosie O’Hare’s Public House at Wenholz Avenue and Water Street, featuring about 80 units. It ended at Bandito Barney’s tavern. “Each year, it seems to get bigger and bigger,” said Eileen McNamee, one of the organizers.
East Dundee trustee candidates disagree on vision for spending Mar 14, 2015 7:33 AM
East Dundee village board candidates have drastically different visions for the future of the village's finances.
Images: St. Patrick’s Day celebrations Mar 14, 2015 7:57 PM
See images from our staff photographes of this weekend's St. Patrick’s Day celebrations
Sherman West Court receives 5-star rating in Best Nursing Homes 2015 Mar 13, 2015 11:35 PM
Advocate Sherman West Court has once again received the highest possible overall rating of five stars in the U.S. News & World Report’s annual Best Nursing Homes. Best Nursing Homes – now in its seventh year – is designed to help the millions of Americans who will spend at least some time in a nursing home in 2015 rehabilitating after a hospital stay or as long-term residents.
Display your skills for collegiate coaches at JUCO Spring Hoops Showcase Mar 13, 2015 11:49 PM
High school and junior college men’s and women’s basketball players with collegiate aspirations are invited to display their talents for coaches at the JUCO 2015 Spring Showcase. The event takes place on Saturday, April 25, at Judson University in Elgin.
St. Laurence School presents ‘Behold the Lamb’ April 1 Mar 13, 2015 11:28 PM
St. Laurence Catholic School in Elgin is once again proud to present “Behold the Lamb,” a musical interpretation of the Passion of Jesus, on Wednesday, April 1.
Get your green on with Saturday St. Paddy's parades Mar 13, 2015 1:07 PM
Get out the green and start St. Patrick's Day early with parades Saturday all over the suburbs and Chicago.
Bring your items to Kane County Recycles event Mar 12, 2015 1:31 PM
The Kane County Recycles event will take place from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, March 14, behind the Kane County Circuit Clerk’s Office at 540 S. Randall in St. Charles. This month’s event will feature document shredding.
- FSU women reach Elite 8 by beating Arizona St, 66-65
- Lake in the Hills man remembered for volunteering, passion for living
- Rolling Meadows man charged with convenience store robbery
- Backup options for Internet lines can be costly, complicated
- Struwing, South Elgin capture tournament title
- Weekend picks: Catch Bill Bellamy in Schaumburg
- Prosecutor: Family heard murder victim's screams
- Ex-Islamic Foundation finance director admits theft
- Boys volleyball: Scouting the Fox Valley
- Scouting DuPage County boys track
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Tollway sets higher speed limits, bucks state law
- Snow leads to slick roads, accidents in the suburbs
- Budget fix averts shutdowns but cuts schools
- Why man is still paying for a 2004 speeding ticket
- Aurora cousins accused of plotting to bring 'flames of war' to suburbs
- Police: Huntley man killed his wife
- Schaumburg donor drive seeks match for nurse
- Volo woman charged after bank robbery in Grayslake
- Obama talks drug war with 'The Wire' creator David Simon
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- College of DuPage faculty: Endorsed candidates will bring integrity to board
- Probation for Schaumburg driver in fatal 2012 crash
- 1 dead in Aurora crash
- Judson kicks off new inspirational world leaders series this fall
- Duckworth to announce Senate bid Monday
- Ex-Islamic Foundation finance director admits theft
- A summary of Daily Herald endorsements in suburban school and municipal races
- Boys volleyball: Scouting the Fox Valley
- COD should not need PR firm
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Support We are an Independent Food Broker located in the Western Suburbs of Chicago in business for 15 years. Summary: Manage client accounts and support Account Managers to ensure client, customer and company expectation are adhered to. Support Sales Team with order entry and sales presentations Assist with daily account management for select client accounts Ensure order entry database is maintained with accurate client/customer information Resolves problems in an efficient and courteous manner Organizes and files client correspondence, contracts, bill backs and deductions Process client claims and deductions for repayment Issue client check drafts in a timely and accurate manner and maintain log accurately Process misc. sales and customer service correspondence as needed Perform month end reporting invoicing for various account Requirements: Excellent customer service skills Strong organization, problem solving analytical and time management skills Attention to detail Outstanding written and verbal communication skills Taking initiative; strong sense of task completion Trustworthy; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information Able to work in a fast paced environment, organized, able to multi task TEAM orientated and hard working Prompt attendance Must be efficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) 2+ Years Sales Support or Customer Service College degree preferred Please send resume to HR@ISIMIDWEST.COM (id:4400672) BANQUET SERVERS / BARTENDERS - Waitstaff exp'd needed for premier Banquet facility in Palatine. Wkend hrs. Only energtic, dependable people apply. Compensation depends on exp. For appt. call 847-934-5500. (id:4401825) DRIVER - Drivers: Local P&D and Line Haul Openings! Great Home-Time, Pay & Benefits! CDL-A w/X & T, 1yr Exp. Req. (EOE/AA) Old Dominion Freight Line Call Tom Doyle: 1-800-245-2321 (id:4401893)
- INSIDE SALES - Entry Level Inside Sales Looking for mechanically inclined individuals interested in working for a supplier to the automotive, heavy truck, agricultural, and associated industries. Will train. Opportunity for someone without a lot of experience but with a strong desire for future growth. $15-$18/Hr, Mthly Bonus, Benefits. AFI Industries, Inc. 630-871-7815 e-mail: email@example.com (id:4401298) JOB FAIR - DLI JOB FAIR on 4/11 starting at 9:00 am Aurora & Bolingbrook Locations EXP & New Grad CDL A Local Home Daily Routes Available Call 630-633-8398 Walk-ins welcome 505 W Crossroads Parkway Ste A Bolingbrook (id:4401284) IT AUDITOR - IT Auditor -Ingredion Inc (Westchester, IL): Perform integrated IT audit procedures, incl identifying & defining issues, dvlpg criteria, reviewing & analyzing evidence, & documenting bus. processes & procedures. Participate in finl audit planning & finl audit prog dvlpmt impacted by IT controls. Eval. adequacy & effectiveness of controls rel. to IT governance, app syss & interfaces, dvlpmt & implementation, logical access & IT data center ops. Determine operational status of IT controls, compliance w/ company policies, standards, procedures, & applicable statutes & govt regs. Comm results of audit projects via written & oral presentations to mgmt. Resp for prep written audit reports for all levels of mgmt, detailing audit findings, conclusions, & agreed-upon corrective actions. Prep audit work papers & flowcharts in order to doc & sppt audit findings & conclusions. Identify improvement oppties & dvlpmt of action plans to enhance bus. process & IT syss integration. Resp for identifying & eval. orgs risk areas & provide input to dvlpmt of Audit Plan, which entails examining, analyzing & interpreting acctg recs such as journal entries & master data. Dvlp working relationships w/ internal stake- holders & global Internal Audit team members to deliver results, support bus. performance, & advice on syss of recording costs & IT-rel. budget data. Min Reqts: Bach in CS, Bus. Admin, Acctg or rel., plus 2 yrs IT Audit exp in public acctg &/or internal audit. Must incl exp in perform- ing data analyses of complex bus. data, auditing SAP Apps & Basis controls (e.g., FI, CO, MM & SD modules) & auditing IT infrastructure controls rel. to dbase & operating syss. Exp reqd in integrated IT/Bus. risk & control concepts rel. to SAP App Controls, Syss Dvlpmt Life Cycle (SDLC), Cloud Computing & IT General Controls. 30% travel reqd to attend trade shows, conferences, trainings, & client sites. Pls send resume to: Krsto (Kris) Nisavic, HR, Ingredion, Inc. 5 Westbrook Corporate Ctr, Westchester, IL 60154. Must specify job code Ing1-2015. EOE, MFDV. (id:4401793)
- DRIVER - MDC Environmental Services is currently hiring for driving positions. Applicants must be a Class-B CDL driver with air brake en-dorsement. Drivers are responsible for collection and hand loading of residential waste, as well as the transporting of this waste by front or rear load truck. This position will be extensive near-continuous physical exertion. We offer full benefit package that includes medical, dental, 401(k). Previous experience a plus. You must fill out an application and return to the Human Resources department at 5450 Wansford Way, Suite 201, Rockford, IL 61109 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Equal Opportunity Employer. Please locate our applications on: http://www.rresvcs.com/careers/employment-application EOE (id:4401910) RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Garibaldi's Restaurant in Arlington Hts., or Hoffman Estates, FT & PT positions available: counter help, pizza makers, delivery drivers, grill cooks. Call between 9a & 11a or 2p-4p. 847-577-4000 (id:4401439) DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES MANAGEMENT - Education -Arlington Heights School District 25 / Director of Facilities Management Opening: 12 mo/Full Benefits Preferred candidates: Degree in facilities management, engineering, or a closely related field; Must have strong interpersonal/leadership skills, knowledge of HVAC, electrical, grounds, etc. Apply at www.sd25.org (id:4402506)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.