Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Carpentersville
Images: See the winning images from our weekly photo contest Mar 27, 2015 8:58 AM
Each week you submit your favorite photo. We pick the best of them and select the finalists. Here are the finalists for the week of March 23.
Sherman Cafe joins in Elgin Madness Mar 26, 2015 4:40 PM
The café at Advocate Sherman Hospital has submitted a signature dish for this year’s Elgin Madness, a friendly restaurant competition aimed at highlighting local establishments. Staff at the Sherman Café have submitted a healthy fruit and nut salad for the competition, which begins with first round voting from Friday, March 27 through Wednesday, April 1.
Choice is clear in Carpentersville Mar 26, 2015 1:01 AM
A Carpentersville letter to the editor: The upcoming trustee election in Carpentersville presents some very distinctly different choices.
Heart Sounds 2015 Symposium to highlight innovations in cardiology Mar 26, 2015 6:15 PM
Medical professionals are invited to attend “Innovations in Cardiology: Heart Sounds 2015”, a one-day symposium hosted by Presence Saint Joseph Hospital in Elgin. The educational program for registered nurses, emergency medical technicians, doctors and other clinicians will be held Saturday, April 18.
Carpentersville candidate admits to lying about arrest on questionnaire Mar 25, 2015 7:27 PM
Carpentersville trustee candidate Humberto Garcia admits he lied on a questionnaire when asked if he'd ever been arrested. Another trustee candidate, incumbent Paul Humpfer, didn't answer the question despite a previous conviction.
Administer Justice offers free seminar on probate process Mar 25, 2015 6:27 PM
Administer Justice, a local nonprofit providing legal, financial, conflict resolution and educational services to low-income individuals, will offer a free seminar on “The Basics of the Probate Process” on Thursday, April 2.
Panera Bread opens in Carpentersville on Friday Mar 25, 2015 4:35 PM
A Panera Bread will open Friday at Spring Hill Mall in Carpentersville.
Learn how to ‘echo weave’ at Fine Line Mar 24, 2015 4:23 PM
Fine Line weaving instructor Beth Duncan will offer “Echo Weave, A Starting Point,” on Saturdays, April 4 and 18. “Learning to weave can seem daunting at the start; there is a lot of prep work before the actual weaving begins. As with all things worth learning, take your time and practice," Duncan said.
Anderson Animal Shelter seeks Spokespet Mar 24, 2015 5:08 PM
Anderson Animal Shelter in South Elgin is searching for a pet to lead its inaugural Pets-a-Palooza Pet Parade and Festival fundraising walk, set for Sept. 20 at LeRoy Oakes Forest Preserve in St. Charles. "We're looking for a very outgoing pet adopted from Anderson, who is friendly to both people and other animals and who loves being in the spotlight," said Holly Alcala, the shelter's director of development.
Fox Valley police reports Mar 24, 2015 5:36 PM
Robert R. Haizlip, 50, of Carpentersville, was charged Sunday with unlawful restraint and eight counts of domestic battery, court records show. His bail was set at $15,000 in Kane County bond court, and he is due in court April 1.
Explore the shared heritage of Islam, Judaism, Christianity Mar 24, 2015 6:16 PM
The First Congregational Church of Huntley will begin a six-week study/discussion group “Exploring Islam, Judaism, Christianity — A Shared Heritage.” It will begin at 1 p.m. Wednesday, April 15. All are invited, at no charge, to study the foundations of Islam, Judaism, and Christianity and their shared heritage.
Kane chairman delivers state of the county speech Mar 25, 2015 5:44 AM
Finances, bickering and the future of the $135 million Longmeadow Parkway toll bridge were the highlighted topics in Kane County Board Chairman Chris Lauzen's state of the county address Tuesday at Eagle Brook Country Club in Geneva.
Palm Sunday Festival Concert set for March 29 Mar 25, 2015 4:10 PM
The 21st annual Palm Sunday Festival Concert will be held at 3 p.m. Sunday, March 29, at St. Catherine of Siena Church in West Dundee. Musicians from many different local churches have come together in Lenten reflection through the sharing of music, song, prayer, and fellowship.
Learn how to avoid costly Social Security filing mistakes Mar 25, 2015 9:07 PM
Learn how to avoid costly Social Security filing mistakes at this free seminar, offered at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 8, in the fellowship hall of Bethlehem Lutheran Church in West Dundee.
Habitat, Thrivent join in building 13th home Mar 25, 2015 9:20 PM
Habitat for Humanity of Northern Fox Valley will mark an important milestone in the construction of the 13th Northern Fox Valley home sponsored by Thrivent Financial. The community is invited to join in the celebration at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, April 4, at the Carpentersville construction site at 39 Robin Road.
HCE, U of I Extension present ‘Eating Well as You Age’ Mar 23, 2015 7:57 PM
Eating well does not mean dieting. It is part of a healthy lifestyle, and may be best achieved in small steps. However, as we age, our nutritional needs change and we should focus on nutrient dense choices. “Eating Well as You Age” is a University of Illinois Extension educational program designed to help participants explore the benefits of healthy eating habits at any age.
Images: Spring snow reminds us that winter weather is still here. Mar 23, 2015 10:26 AM
An early spring snow covered our suburban streets and yards today, slowing commutes and remiding us that winter weather will still be around for awhile longer.
Local Girl Scouts attend United Nations Commission on the Status of Women Mar 23, 2015 6:59 PM
Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois recently sent Girl Scouts Emily Bettler, 16, of South Elgin, Lindsay Schwartz, 18, of Kildeer, and Stefany Veldhuizen, 17, of Sycamore to participate as delegates in the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women.
ALTRUSA International Club of Elgin Mar 23, 2015 6:50 PM
The Altrusa International Club of Elgin has initiated a new "Chews to Read" literacy-based service project in collaboration with the Dental Clinic of Greater Elgin Family Care Center located at 450 Dundee Avenue in Elgin.
Countdown for registration for The Literacy Connection’s Trivia Bee Fundraiser Mar 23, 2015 6:42 PM
Fourteen teams are gearing up to compete in The Literacy Connection’s 18th annual Trivia Bee Fundraiser, set for Saturday, April 18, at the Grand Victoria Casino in Elgin. The agency is looking for more teams to join the competition.
- Duckworth to announce Senate bid Monday
- Struwing, South Elgin capture tournament title
- Trash bin fire causes smoke damage at Mundelein Goodwill
- FACT CHECK: Myths in the political roar over Common Core
- Lake in the Hills man remembered for volunteering, passion for living
- Chef Massimo's Vegan Puttanesca Sauce
- Elgin man gets 25 years in prison for sexually assaulting girl
- Singapore urges restraint as Lee mourners queue for 10 hours
- Batavia, Kaneland, Geneva school candidates' views on campaign contributions
- Would you like to print out a new part?
- Earthquake reported west of Lake in the Hills
- Police: Huntley man killed his wife
- Why gas prices are rising in the suburbs
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Aurora soldier and his cousin accused in terrorist plot
- Dawn Patrol: Quake near Lake in the Hills; student brings BB gun to school
- Volo woman charged after bank robbery in Grayslake
- Parents: We shouldn't need permission to skip school testing
- Alone at controls, co-pilot sought to 'destroy' the plane
- Report: Walgreens employees to stop saying 'Be well'
- Why man is still paying for a 2004 speeding ticket
- Coyote rescued from car grille returns to wild
- State's attorney pledges help for suburban Sikhs
- Fox Lake fire district seeks tax increase April 7
- College of DuPage faculty: Endorsed candidates will bring integrity to board
- Batavia, Kaneland, Geneva school candidates' views on campaign contributions
- Would you like to print out a new part?
- Signing Ball gives Bears depth at cornerback
- Elk Grove Joe Caputo & Sons opening by July 4
- Ex-Islamic Foundation finance director admits theft
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE - West Chicago office looking for a full time person to perform credit, collection, and light data entry duties. $14 to $16 per hour plus full benefits. Email replies to email@example.com. (id:4402421) DRIVER - Drivers: Local P&D and Line Haul Openings! Great Home-Time, Pay & Benefits! CDL-A w/X & T, 1yr Exp. Req. (EOE/AA) Old Dominion Freight Line Call Tom Doyle: 1-800-245-2321 (id:4401893) RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Ditka's in Arlington Heights is now hiring for ALL POSITIONS for both AM and PM shifts -servers, ser-ver assistants, food runners, bartenders, bar backs, hosts, line cooks, prep team, and dishwashers. Please apply in person between the hours of 2pm and 4pm. 2000 West Euclid Ave. (id:4401722)
- CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $10-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4402019) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING EVENT - Bob Rohrman Auto Group Schaumburg, IL This hiring event is for all 15 Chicagoland locations in the Bob Rohrman Auto Group! We have locations in Schaumburg, Arlington Heights, Libertyville, Gurnee, Oakbrook, Kenosha, WI and Chesterton, IN. Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University Our best sales associates make well over $100,000 per year. Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputation in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license -Interviews: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2pm to 6pm Interviews held at: -ROHRMAN UNIVERSITY 1225 N Plum Grove Rd Schaumburg, IL 60173. Behind Red Lobster and across fromSchaumburg Honda. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman, 1-269-591-2223, Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4402016) MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN - LIFEGUARDS LAKESIDE VILLAS in Wheeling is looking for Lifeguards for the 2015 pool season. Guards must have current certification and be at least 18 years old or must be entering their senior year of high school in the fall of 2015. Working hours from Sunday thru Saturday. Starting pay is $10.50 per hour. If you are interested or need further information, please contact the community's Property Manager, Maria Cardenas at firstname.lastname@example.org or at(630) 627-3303. (id:4401876)
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - PART TIME SEASONAL - Job Description: Manufacturing company is seeking a Customer Service Representative. The position is part-time seasonal with potential to be re-hired. The hours include Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. Duties Include: Answers and addresses incoming calls regarding product and service questions. Processes customer orders for existing and new customers. Recommends potential customers to distributors by analyzing customer needs. Skills and Qualifications: Experience in Customer Service. Proficient with phone skills, resolving conflict and analyzing information. Solid multi-tasking and listening skills. Quickbooks-Office experience preferred Must qualify on E-verify. Spanish or Greek speaking is a plus. Send resumes to: LE@OPTIMALAUTOMATICS.COM (id:4400513) HVAC TECHNICIAN - Seeking HVAC technican with 5 yrs. exp. for well established commercial co. Must be able to service RTU'S, unit heaters & air handlers. Benefits incl. health ins., pd vac & 401k. Email resume to email@example.com (id:4401848) PROJECT MANAGER AND SUPERINTENDENTS - Now hiring Construction Project Managers and Superintendents. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4401406)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.