Holidays on the Town in Downtown Palatine Is Back!
The holiday season will soon be upon us, and the Downtown Palatine Business Association (DPBA) is kicking it off with their festive Holidays on the Town (HOTT) event on Friday, November 19 from 5-9 p.m.! Nineteen participating DPBA member businesses will open their doors to feature special sales and offers, demonstrations, giveaways and more - along with wine tastings, hors d'oeuvres and sweet treats at select locations!
Guests can hop on the DPBA Holiday Trolley to be whisked around downtown Palatine to participating locations. The trolley will make its first stop at Durty Nellie's (180 N. Smith Street) starting at 5 p.m. and will circle the downtown area approximately every 20 minutes. Note that due to limited parking, guests are encouraged to utilize the Gateway Parking Garage through the entrance just north of Durty Nellie's.
"Our DPBA member businesses are thrilled to bring back this popular event at the start of the holiday season," said DPBA President Mica Mahler, who is also the co-owner of DPBA member business Cook, Cork and Fork. "We invite area residents to get a group together and support our small businesses while enjoying a night of fun and shopping!"
Holidays on the Town passports provide entry and can be purchased for $10 at participating locations on the night of the event. Guests who have their passports stamped during the event at any location will be entered to win the "Rudolph Raffle" - winners will take away one of two baskets filled with gift cards from DPBA members! Don't forget to grab a selfie with Santa Claus; he'll be spreading holiday cheer throughout the evening and visiting each location!
Participating businesses and their special offers include:
• Allstate Agent Tony Gambino: Win a $75 Mario Tricocci gift card when you sign up for a price comparison on your insurance.
• American Legion: Drink specials, free pudding shot, T-shirt giveaways and more.
• Anne's Unique Boutique: Get 20%-50% off select items.
• Arete Salon & Spa: Enjoy special deals on client-favorites - including pampering hair and skin treatments - and signature HOTT- only services!
• CC Additudes: Get 20-50% off items storewide.
• Cook, Cork & Fork: Knife skills and pasta making demos, wine and olive oil tastings, 10% off regular priced merchandise and select cooking classes (exclusions apply).
• Durty Nellie's: Get 10% off your bill with a food purchase, show your HOTT bag for free admission to Wedding Banned and receive a raffle ticket to win a $200 bar tab (must be present to win).
• eyebrWOW: Win 1/2 off one full service of your choice.
• Foxglove Cottage: Get 15% off highest priced item (excludes Nora Fleming & consignment).
• Garfield's Beverage Warehouse: Wine tastings.
• Illuminate Therapy and Wellness: Create your own essential oil Good Fortune holiday tassel/car ornament.
• JL's Pizza & Sports Bar: Dessert and wine specials.
• Madcats: Food and drink specials - and attend an after-party event (starting at 9pm) with live music by blues musician Ivy Ford. Show your HOTT event bag for free admission!
• Palatine Bank & Trust: Refreshments, treats and a giveaway for passport holders while supplies last (open 5 - 7 p.m.)
• Palatine Historical Society: Holiday cookies to enjoy!
• Pan American Bank & Trust: Small bites, a wine tasting and learn more about Concierge Banker services.
• Shoppe the Mill: In-store raffles all night.
• Tap House Grill: Get a complimentary drink when you show your event bag/passport.
• The Music Room: One free music lesson ($40 value) when you sign up for a month of lessons OR when you purchase an instrument priced $100 or more; 20% off ALL merchandise.
Thank you to event sponsors The Laura Cartwright Home Team, Palatine Bank & Trust and John & Scott's Complete Automotive Repair.
For more information about all DPBA businesses and the organization, visit DowntownPalatine.org.