Gilberts sets trick-or-treat hours Oct. 31
Like all communities, we've have faced many uncertainties this year due to COVID-19 and the Village of Gilberts continues to comply with all federal, state and county guidelines. If the state or county issues any further guidance or restrictions for Halloween trick-or-treating, the village will continue to comply with and communicate their messages.
Trick-or-treating will be allowed this year in the village of Gilberts. If your family is comfortable with and chooses to trick-or-treat on Halloween, please follow the village's official trick-or-treating hours: 3 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention places traditional trick-or-treating in a high-risk category due to COVID-19. The village believes trick-or-treating can be made a safer activity for everyone with the following new recommendations:
• Do not participate in trick-or-treat activities if you or family members have any COVID-19 symptoms.
• Residents who feel comfortable participating should leave front porch lights on. Trick-or-treaters should avoid any homes with no front porch lights on.
• If residents would like to participate and do not feel comfortable handing candy out, please leave front porch lights on while keeping candy out front in a well-lit area.
• Practice social distancing by staying 6 feet away from others.
• Wear a mask when social distancing is difficult to maintain.
• Wait for all trick-or-treaters to clear the pathway before proceeding to a residence.
CDC Halloween considerations are available at www.cdc.gov.
Please do not hesitate to contact village hall with any questions or concerns at email@example.com or 847-428-2861. Visit www.villageofgilberts.com.