Elmhurst Garden Club offers scholarships
The Elmhurst Garden Club offers college scholarships to encourage and support education, research, and teaching careers in the general areas of study, including horticulture, agriculture, floriculture, ecology, agronomy, botany, conservation, forestry, biology, landscape design, land management or environmental studies. Scholarships are funded by proceeds from the Garden Walk & Faire which takes place annually on the second Sunday of July, except for 2020.
Over the past 20 years, the Elmhurst Garden Club has awarded more than 90 college scholarships. Four or more scholarships of up to $3,000 are awarded every year.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
• Must be a current resident of the state of Illinois.
• Must be a current, full-time sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student at an accredited college or university or a student at a community college working towards a degree. Undergraduate students must be enrolled for a minimum of 12 graded hours of classes. Graduate students must be a full time graduate student per the qualifications of their institution.
• Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
• Must be majoring in one of the following areas of study or preparing for teaching careers in these areas:
• The documents listed in the application checklist chart at elmhurstgardenclub.org must be submitted.
All of the documents must be mailed to Scholarship Committee, Elmhurst Garden Club, P.O. Box 383, Elmhurst, IL 60126, or emailed to: email@example.com.
Application deadline is postmarked by June 1, or emailed by 11:59 p.m. June 1.
Scholarship selection is made by the Scholarship Committee of the Elmhurst Garden Club in May of the year preceeding the year of study.
Scholarship funds awarded will be applied to tuition payments and will be sent directly to the Financial Aid
Office of the student's college or university to be applied to tuition for the fall semester.