Vote for the 'Best of Bloomingdale'
After receiving 475 nominations for businesses in Bloomingdale and members of the Bloomingdale Chamber of Commerce, there are 40 who qualified to be on the final ballot.
Nominations were collected in November and December.
Nominees had to receive a minimum of two nominations, only one was allowed from the business itself.
Now is the time for the general public to vote for their favorite business in 13 categories at www.BestOfBloomingdale.com.
Review the list and check out the businesses to see if they qualify for your vote. Only one vote per a person per a day. Duplicates will not count.
Voting ends Sunday, Feb. 16.
Besides the general public votes, there is a judging component which is based on a questionnaire the nominees complete and is scored by a panel of judges.
This signature event of the Bloomingdale Chamber of Commerce is to help local businesses promote themselves and show the public shopping local is best. By shopping local residents receive the best customer service by connecting with people face-to-face, tax dollars stay in their village and they are supporting their community and neighbors by keeping jobs local. Nominees are given marketing material to help them promote themselves. Let your voice be heard and vote today.
Winners will be announced at a Best of Bloomingdale Awards Gala on Thursday, March 5, at the Bloomingdale Golf Club.
This red-carpet event will recognize the nominees and award the winners the Best of Bloomingdale award. More information about the event can be found at www.BloomingdaleChamber.com.
Also recognized at this event is the Bloomingdale Area Women in Business, Georgene Geil's Woman of the Year Award. Nominations for this award are being accepted until January 30th. This award is named for prominent local business woman Georgene Geils (1928-2011), who was a forerunner in the movement of professional women. She was known for mentoring others through her involvement in the community and within her own business. Nominations can be made online at www.bloomingdalechamber.com/bawib.
The Bloomingdale Chamber of Commerce supports the success and growth of businesses and the community. Membership is open to any business who wants to invest in their own growth through promoting their business through marketing, sponsorships and building relationships. The chamber offers a variety of free and fee-based events making it possible for members to get involved and be known.
The 2020 Best of Bloomingdale nominees are:
• Banking Services: Bloomingdale Bank & Trust, and Pan American Bank & Trust;
• Nonprofit: Bloomingdale/Roselle Rotary;
• Brewery: 25 West Brewing Company; and Wolfden Brewing;
• Dental Services: Blooming Smiles Dental Studio; Eagle Falls Dentistry; and McElroy Pediatric Dentistry, Ltd.;
• Fitness: Club Pilates Bloomingdale; and Fit4Mom Greater Northwest Chicago Suburbs;
• Entertainment: Challenge Accepted; Club Photo Booth; and Danimal Rides LLC;
• Health & Wellness: Bloomingdale Chiropractor; Colando Chiropractic Clinic; Lakeview Memory Care Community; Newline Behavioral Solutions; and The Center for Integrative and Functional Health and Wellness;
• Restaurant Full-Service: Alcentro Trattoria; Anyway's American Grill & Bar; La Campana Mexican Restaurant; Rooster's Bar & Grill; and Saffron Indian Restaurant;
• Marketing Services: Custom Direct Inc.; JET Advertising; Printing Plus of Roselle; ;
• Restaurant -- Quick Service: Jersey Mike's Subs; Sporty's Restaurant & Catering; Steak Burrito Mexican Grill; and Taco Maya;
• Service Business: Berkshire Hathaway Start Real Estate -- Ana Spadavecchia; Highlander Improvement Co.; Hovde & Tufo Attorneys at Law; and Residence Inn of Marriott;
• Retail Business: Essential Bed; European Wax Center Bloomingdale; and Fruitful Yield Health Food Store;
• Small Business: Annie Occasion For Any Occasion; Chicago Pastry; and D's Treats.