Northern Kane County Chamber honors local businesses and community volunteers
At the annual awards dinner Oct. 5 at the Holiday Inn in Elgin, the Northern Kane County Chamber celebrated and recognized the businesses and individuals who go above and beyond the call of duty throughout the year for both the chamber and the community-at-large.
Chamber business recipients included:
• Customer Service: Ann Meyer, Farmers Insurance;
• Business of the Year: Liberty Lanes;
• Chamber Volunteer: Arlene Dela Cruz;
• Small Business: Motl Accounting; and
• Nonprofit: Dundee Township Lions Club.
Individuals who make a difference in the communities represented by the chamber and nominated by their community, were recognized.
Community Service honorees are:
• Village of East Dundee: Kate Micheletto;
• Village of West Dundee: Mike and Ginny Buhrmann;
• Village of Carpentersville: David Nutt; and
• Village of Sleepy Hollow: Michael Tennis.
This year's annual awards committee includes chair Lori Schutt, Cheryl Alapogianis, Tiffanie Young, Karen Harris, and Arlene DelaCruz.
"We are honored to host this important event to shine the spotlight on all of our business and community leaders," said Melissa Hernandez, president of the Northern Kane County Chamber of Commerce. "Our chamber and communities are strong and viable because of their efforts and dedication every single day."
The Northern Kane County Chamber of Commerce is an advocate for business interests by identifying and following the needs of the business community through leadership, education, development, support and promotion. It represents the communities of Carpentersville, East Dundee, Gilberts, Sleepy Hollow, and West Dundee.
For more information, contact the chamber office at (847) 426-8565 or visit nkcchamber.com.