Halloween fun awaits all ages on Oakton campuses
The Oakton Community College Office of Student Life invites trick-or-treaters of all ages to Halloween events Thursday, Oct. 31, at the college's campuses in Des Plaines, 1600 E. Golf Road, and Skokie, 7701 N. Lincoln Ave.
"Families in Oakton's district are invited to celebrate Halloween in a safe environment," Student Life and Campus Inclusion Coordinator Simi Khurana says. "The event is intended to bring together the college and community and allow young people to discover Oakton in a fun and engaging way."
Halloween day will involve free spooky events, including trick-or-treating to offices around campus from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Activities are open to the public and include the following:
• Trick-or-treating: Stop in at any office with a pumpkin sticker on the door from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in Des Plaines and Skokie.
• Monster Hunt: Monster stickers will be lurking around campus. Bring "wanted" stickers back to the Student Center, Room 1530, Des Plaines, or Room A160, Skokie, for a reward.
• Halloween Movie Trivia: Turn horror film knowledge into treasure at 11 a.m., Des Plaines cafeteria.
• Costume Contest: Win prizes for the ghoul-iest costume at noon in the Des Plaines and Skokie cafeterias.
• Fortunes Foretold: Visit a tarot card reader, crystal ball gazer or ask the Ouija board about the future, Student Center, Des Plaines.
• Horror Photo Shoot: Take selfies with friends or have fun singing karaoke, Student Center, Des Plaines.
• Count von Count! Guess the number of candy corn in the jar and win, Student Center, Des Plaines, with the winner announced at 1 p.m.
• Bloody Makeover: Get a free makeover you will be howling about, Student Center, Des Plaines.
• The "Halloween" Games: Register a team of five to participate in various games. Winning team will receive goodies and gift cards. Register online at tinyurl.com/OaktonHG2019. Games will start at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 30, Student Center, Des Plaines.
For more information, contact Khurana at (847) 635-1699 or email@example.com.
In addition to the Halloween Games, people of all ages may attend a free trick-or-treat event from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25, at the Mulford parking lot at the Skokie campus. "Trunk-or-Treat" includes games, food and music. All guests younger than 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. In case of inclement weather, the event will take place in rooms P103-104.