Versiti Blood Center of Illinois hosts September blood drives
Together, Versiti Blood Center of Illinois and blood donors across the Chicago area make a life-saving impact through the gift of blood donation. Patients in need of blood tomorrow rely on the generosity of blood donors today.
Versiti Blood Center of Illinois is calling on the community to make a life-saving donation this September.
Donations of all blood types are needed, but especially type O negative blood, which is the universal blood type given to patients in emergency situations and those undergoing surgery.
Chicago blood donors can help patients in need at Versiti Blood Center of Illinois' upcoming blood drives:
• Saturday, Sept. 7, from 7:30 a.m. to noon at St. John the Baptist Church, 2302 Church St., Johnsburg
• Monday, Sept. 9, from 2:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Dojo Dynamics, 131 S. Wells St., Sandwich
• Wednesday, Sept. 11, from 1:30 to 7 p.m. at Village of Lombard Community Room, 255 E. Wilson St., Lombard
• Monday, Sept. 16, from 2 to 7:30 p.m. at St. Patrick Catholic Church, 6N491 Crane Road, St. Charles
• Sunday, Sept. 22, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at St. Joseph Parish, 211 N. Center St., Bradley
• Thursday, Sept. 26, from 2:30 at 7:30 p.m. at St. Stephen's Deacon & Martyr Church, 17500 84th Ave., Tinley Park
• Saturday, Sept. 28, from 7:30 a.m. to noon at St. Ann's Catholic Church, 24500 S. Navajo Drive, Channahon
To schedule an appointment, call (800) 7TO-GIVE (1-800-786-4483) or visit versiti.org/Illinois.
Anyone 17 or older who s in good health and meets eligibility requirements is encouraged to donate blood.
Appointments are preferred, but walk-in donors are also welcome. Parental consent is required for 16-year-olds to donate. The entire process takes about an hour. Donors should bring a photo ID that includes birth date.
Versiti Blood Center of Illinois is a nonprofit organization headquartered in Aurora, Ill., that specializes in blood products and services and provides expert medical and technical support. Founded in 1943, it is the oldest blood center in Illinois and serves patients at 71 hospitals in the Chicago area and Northwest Indiana. It operates 12 donor centers and conducts nearly 2,200 blood drives annually at area hospitals, churches, businesses, schools and community centers. To learn more, visit versiti.org.