Cubs | 'Field of Dreams' game: Smyly finds comfort zone amid the corn, leads Cubs past Reds
There were no home runs, but the Cubs were able to beat Cincinnati 4-2 in the second "Field of Dreams" game in Dyersville, Iowa on Thursday. Starting pitcher Drew Smyly tossed 5 shutout innings to lead the way.
Latest Sports Videos
White Sox | Fire missing again as White Sox fall to RoyalsA day after starting pitcher Johnny Cueto questioned the team's fire, the White Sox went out and lost to the Royals 5-3 Thursday afternoon at Kauffman Stadium.
Blackhawks | 'It was a helluva run and I'm proud': Olczyk officially inks broadcast deal with SeattleAn 'O' so sad day: Former Chicago Blackhawks color commentator Eddie Olczyk officially joins Seattle Kraken's team. "I went through it a million times, and here we are," Olczyk said. "Just couldn't come to an agreement."
Special Report | Italian beef at Churchill Downs? 'Chicago-style' Arlington Million is back, but in KentuckyWith Chicago-style hot dogs and Italian beef sandwiches on the menu, Churchill Downs Inc. is reprising Arlington Million Day this Saturday at its namesake racetrack in Kentucky -- a year after it held the last one at Arlington Park.
Bears | Smith still not taking the practice field at Halas HallBears linebacker Roquan Smith made an appearance at the practice field Thursday morning at Halas Hall, but continues to sit out practice.
Sky | Win over Sky puts Aces atop WNBAKahleah Copper tied a career-high with 28 points for the Sky.
Bears | Bears receiver Harry has surgery on injured ankleReceiver N'Keal Harry consulted with a specialist and underwent surgery on his injured ankle, Eberflus said. Harry injured his ankle during practice on Saturday.
Bears | 2022 Chicago Bears training camp: Offense, defense grades for Aug. 11Thursday's practice went better than previous practices this week for the offense. During team drills, the offense started in a lot of favorable positions. They did red zone situations and started with the ball on the positive side of the 50 for most of the day.
NFL | Police: Marshawn Lynch was asleep, car damaged before arrestPolice in Las Vegas say former NFL running back Marshawn Lynch was asleep and smelled of alcohol when he was found in his damaged sports car this week and arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated
Pro Sports | Boomers win in last game of homestand, set attendance recordThe Schaumburg Boomers completed a 5-1 homestand Wednesday by rallying to a 4-2 win over Joliet.
Lifestyle | Bike lanes explained: Tragedy reminds us it's time to review the rules of sharing the roadSometimes a news story catches my eye. Sometimes it chokes me up. The death of a 3-year-old riding the rear carrier on her mother's bike in Chicago evoked strong emotions with the merging of two passions -- biking and parenthood.
- 10:52 AMBills place trust in Dorsey to drive high-powered offense
- 10:28 AMConte: Chelsea game will show if Tottenham has improved
- 10:26 AM10 fans of Israeli club Maccabi Tel Aviv sentenced in Greece
- 9:00 AMThis Date in Baseball: Lou Brock reached 3,000 hits
- 8:57 AMFarewell, Syl: Fowles exit fueling Lynx in push for playoffs
- Prep FootballScouting the KRC/I8 White
- Prep Football'I am just so ready to play again': Prep football season starts in the suburbs
- Prep FootballGlenbard West eyes return to glory
- Prep FootballHuntley looks to bounce back
- Prep SportsHigh school basketball game the spark for Radtke's career
- Boys' BasketballRolling Meadows' Christie chooses Minnesota
- Prep FootballAlum Possley takes over at St. Charles East
- Prep FootballWheaton North enters 2022 season with target on its back
- Prep FootballCarlson, Kaneland set to take next step
- Prep FootballGerke's role expanding at Batavia
- NewsIt's Anthony Kopp's time
- Prep FootballQB Reichert looking to return Downers Grove North to playoffs
- NapervilleFormer Naperville Central, Wheaton College coach Bishop 'was ahead of his time'
- Prep FootballProkos can get job done on both sides of the ball for Crystal Lake South
- Prep SportsDundee-Crown announces this year's Hall of Fame Class