Cubs | Cubs battle back but fall short against Phillies
The Chcago Cubs could not catch all the way up Thursday. They battled back from deficits all day before finally falling short 9-7 against the Philadelphia Phillies at Wrigley Field.
Latest Sports Videos
White Sox | Giolito throws 4-hit gem, White Sox blank Astros 4-0Lucas Giolito pitched a four-hitter for his first major league shutout, rookie Eloy Jimenez hit his third homer in two games and the Chicago White Sox beat the Houston Astros 4-0 on Thursday night.
White Sox | The real McCann: Veteran catcher doing it all for White SoxIn his first season with the Chicago White Sox, James McCann has been an early offense force, a stable defender at catcher and a valued leader in the clubhouse.
College Sports | Notre Dame football to host Northern Illinois in 2024Northern Illinois University will travel to South Bend, Ind., to take on Notre Dame in football in 2024.
Bears | Bears new defensive coordinator sees plenty of parallels between his new 'D' and great Baltimore unitsNew Bears defensive cooredinator Pagano said he sees "a ton" of parallels between the Ravens defenses he coached for four years (2008-10 as secondary coach, 2011 as coordinator) that ranked third in the NFL and reached the playoffs each season and the Bears unit he inherited that led the NFL in that category and in a spate of other key departments in 2018.
Bulls | Bulls assistant Myers resignsBulls assistant coach Pete Myers resigned for personal reasons. Myers, who spent 16 years with the Bulls organization as a player, assistant coach and scout, was expected back on the bench next season.
Columns | Feder: ESPN 1000 blasts Nielsen for ratings undercountA rare correction and admission of error by Nielsen Audio Thursday wasn't enough to satisfy WMVP 1000-AM after the ESPN Radio sports/talk station was shortchanged in the latest Chicago radio ratings, Robert Feder writes.
Cubs | Strop plans to throw another bullpen session SaturdayChicago Cubs reliever Pedro Strop continues to make progress in his recovery from a hamstring injury. Strop is hoping to avoid a minor-league rehab stint.
Blackhawks | Blackhawks sign forward, assistant coachThe Blackhawks made two moves Wednesday, signing 26-year-old Swedish forward Anton Wedin and adding an assistant to their coaching staff.
White Sox | Scouting report: White Sox vs. Minnesota TwinsThe Chicago White Sox meet the Twins for the first time this season. Minnesota is running away in the AL Central and leads the major leagues in homers and runs scored.
Pro Sports | Uchman's Arlington selections for Friday's racesHere is today's link to Daily Herald handicapper Ron Uchman's selections for thoroughbred racing at Arlington International on Friday, May. 2019, plus Joe Mazzone's picks for harness racing at Hawthorne.
- 1:14 PMNdamukong Suh headed to Tampa Bay to replace Gerald McCoy
- 1:06 PMLil Nas X, Chase Rice to perform at Stanley Cup Final
- 12:57 PMSports legends honor basketball great John Havlicek
- 12:32 PMFIFA restoring 'corruption' to ethics code after criticism
- 12:31 PMWarriors know this is something special, uncertainty ahead
- Prep SportsBoys tennis: Stevenson in 3rd, but not far behind at state tournament
- Boys' BasketballBoys basketball: Centella hire makes sense for Grayslake Central
- Prep SportsBaseball: Got to hand it to Mundelein's Hanscom
- Prep SportsBaseball: Glenbard West knocks out St. Charles East
- Prep SportsBoys track and field: Olenek, Jones jumping right in at state meet
- Prep SportsBoys tennis: Wheaton Academy has good day at state meet
- Prep SportsBoys track and field: Hersey's Methner shooting for a 'double crown' at state
- Prep SportsBoys tennis: Batavia's Pierce falls to top seed Cuchran
- Prep SportsBoys tennis: Hersey's Sheldon on cruise control during first day at state
- Prep SportsBaseball: Towns' big day leads Fremd past Hersey, into regional final
- Prep SportsBaseball: Riser, Lake Park advance past Batavia
- Prep SportsBaseball: WW South raises its game against Glenbard East
- Prep SportsBaseball: Burlington Central blows out Wheaton Academy
- Prep SportsBaseball: Hampshire, Streamwood rally for regional wins
- Prep SportsFox Valley softball roundup
Through the Film Magnifier: Chicago Bulls, Flight 191 Crash, Rainbow Records, Ray Meyer, Slot Cars and more