Blackhawks | After year of adversity, Schmaltz eager to come home to face Blackhawks
Former Chicago Blackhawks forward Nick Schmaltz is excited to play at the United Center for the first time as an opponent Sunday. "It's a great atmosphere," said the Wisconsin native, who leads Arizona with 5 goals and 15 assists. "It's a fun building to play in and I've got a lot of friends on the other side."
Latest Sports Videos
Bulls | Valentine finally getting a chance to show his value to BullsDenzel Valentine was ejected from Friday's loss to Golden State, but he's been a positive addition to the Bulls' rotation in recent weeks and leads the team in 3-point shooting percentage.
Prep Football | Hansen, Singleton, Tumilty, Urwiler headline Daily Herald All-Area teamsHersey's Jordan Hansen, Warren's Willis Singleton, Willowbrook's Sam Tumilty and Batavia's Quinn Urwiler are the captains of the 2019 Daily Herald All-Area Football Teams.
Columns | Rozner: Nagy has Bears' Trubisky in line for huge contractBased on all Matt Nagy says about Mitch Trubisky, the Bears must sign the QB to a huge extension as soon as possible.
Columns | Why beatdown of Cowboys could be crucial turning point for BearsThis Bears team almost certainly still isn't going to the playoffs, but for those of you who wrote them off a few weeks ago, oops. They're a work in progress and fun to watch again, and now there's a really big game in Green Bay next week.
College Sports | Kiffin becomes coach at Ole Miss, steps down at FAULane Kiffin is the new coach at Ole Miss
Girls' Basketball | Montini snaps Maine West's winning streak at 44Montini's 41-40 win over Maine West in the Chicagoland Invitational Showcase on Saturday ended Maine West's current longest girls basketball winning streak (44 games) in the state.
Columns | O'Donnell: Four decades later, Dick Vitale is still keeping an eye on DePaulJim O'Donnell talks to Dick Vitale about hard-charging DePaul.
College Sports | Heisman coronation? Burrow leads LSU past Georgia 37-10Joe Burrow finished off his likely Heisman Trophy coronation with another dazzling performance and No
Cubs | Winkler signing gives Cubs needed bullpen depthLooking to add arms to a depleted bullpen, the Chicago Cubs signed Dan Winkler to a one-year contract Friday. Over five seasons with the Braves, the right-hander was 8-2 with a 3.68 ERA.
Columns | Local women's basketball coaches are rare breed: lifetime coaches and lifelong friendsDePaul women's basketball coach Doug Bruno and Northwestern women's basketball coach Joe McKeown are friends who came up through the ranks together. They are lifers with 30-plus years each of experience and 700 (or close to 700) wins apiece. Their long friendship and their long-running success may both be examples of a dying breed in the business.
- Prep FootballHansen, Singleton, Tumilty, Urwiler headline Daily Herald All-Area teams
- Prep FootballA record-setting legacy for Hersey standout Hansen
- Prep FootballWillowbrook's Tumilty added to family legend
- Prep FootballA throwback player, Urwiler leaves legacy at Batavia
- Prep FootballSpritually uplifting season for Warren star Singleton
- Prep FootballNorthwest Suburbs All-Area Team
- Prep FootballThe DuPage County All-Area Football Team
- Prep FootballThe Fox All-Area Football Team
- Prep FootballLake County All-Area Team
- Boys' BasketballMinus Hodges, Schaumburg rallies past Huntley
- Prep SportsDon't miss our coverage of winter high school sports
- Girls' BasketballMontini snaps Maine West's winning streak at 44
- Boys' BasketballChung's 24 lead Wauconda to win; Stevenson, Mundelein remain perfect
- Prep SportsDuPage County scoreboard for Saturday, Dec. 7
- Prep SportsFox Valley scoreboard for Saturday, Dec. 7