Cubs | Former Chicago Cubs closer Lee Smith ready for his big day
Former Chicago Cubs closer Lee Smith has been walking on Cloud 9 since being elected to the Hall of Fame last December. Smith will be formally inducted Sunday in Cooperstown, New York.
Latest Sports Videos
Blackhawks | Can Adam Boqvist force his way onto Blackhawks this season?A year after Adam Boqvist wowed coaches and teammates during Chicago Blackhawks training camp, it's fair to wonder if the young defenseman might make the team out of camp in October.
Bulls | Chicago Bulls sign Harrison, KornetThe Chicago Bulls have signed guard Shaquille Harrison and center Luke Kornet, the team announced Thursday.
White Sox | Royals hold off White Sox 6-5 to sweep 4-game seriesCheslor Cuthbert and Jorge Soler homered in a five-run third inning and the Kansas City Royals stayed hot Thursday, completing a four-game sweep of the Chicago White Sox with a 6-5 win
Pro Sports | Fire GM says the team is focused on Chicago, not the suburbsTeam general manager/president Nelson Rodriguez said Wednesday the team is focused on reaching out to fans within the city limits, not the suburbs.
MLB | A look at players to be inducted into Baseball Hall of FameA look at players to be inducted into Baseball Hall of Fame
Cubs | Will Mills start again for Cubs? We might know FridayChicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon said he and his staff are talking about whether Alec Mills will get another start in upcoming games after Tuesday's solid performance.
Sports | Wheaton native Mike Lee got a finance degree. But now he seeks boxing's super middleweight title.On the brink of his biggest fight, Wheaton native Mike Lee keeps it simple. "I just need to be the best Mike Lee possible," he said by phone from his home in Santa Monica, California, where he was training for his July 20 International Boxing Federation world super middleweight title bout at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
College Sports | Ohio St, Michigan St each place 2 on Big Ten preseason listMichigan State and Ohio State each placed two players on the preseason all-Big Ten team
Pro Sports | Boomers split at River CityThe Schaumburg Boomers rallied to an extra-inning win in the second game to split an abbreviated two-game series with the River City Rascals on the road.
- 10:43 PMRosario's pinch-hit 3-run HR lifts Twins in 6-3 win vs. A's
- 9:31 PMBauer strikes out 10, Indians win 11th straight over Tigers
- 9:20 PMRodríguez, Rooney help DC United rout FC Cincinnati
- 9:18 PMRodríguez scores 2 goals, Rooney gets 11th, United wins
- 7:18 PMState court suit over 'no-call' can proceed against NFL
- Boys' BasketballLegendary St. Joseph basketball coach Gene Pingatore dies at 82
- Boys' BasketballStrengths of Naperville North's Welch? A lot
- Prep FootballSwitching from baseball to track a solid decision for Antioch's Grindley
- Girls' BasketballBy design, Elk Grove's Kandefer stood out in sports and academics
- Girls' BasketballWest Aurora's Miles overcame adversity to excel
- Boys' BasketballElgin basketball coach Hess resigns after one season
- Prep FootballWheeling's Best was best at a lot, but also was the best teammate
- Girls' BasketballGlenbard South's Bair more than just a great athlete
- Prep SportsServices Saturday for Karen Kublank, Title IX pioneer at Palatine High
- Prep SportsSuburban high school athletes lauded for both athletic and compassionate feats
- Prep SportsStevenson's Sorenson doubled her fun
- NewsImages: Daily Herald Prep Sports Excellence Awards
- Prep SportsCary-Grove's Priester took a risk, but it paid off in the end
- Prep SportsBaseball: Heartbreak for St. Charles North in 4A title game
- Prep SportsImages: St. Charles North vs. Edwardsville, Class 4A State Championship in Baseball
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more