Sky | 'Amazing role models': Fans from the suburbs praise Sky for their WNBA title and more
The celebration of the Chicago Sky's WNBA championship continued today with a parade and rally that drew many Sky fans from even the farthest suburbs -- fans who lauded the team not just for their league success but also for the example they set.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: From bad pitchout to pitch-perfect -- Brian Wilson and Al Jardine set for WaukeganJim O'Donnell: A few words from Al Jardine about football and the Beach Boys.
Blackhawks | Winless Blackhawks drop home opener 4-1 to IslandersMissed opportunities haunted the Hawks in a 4-1 loss to the New York Islanders.
Bulls | McGraw: Bulls will be better this season, but still lack a key ingredientThe new and improved Bulls will probably have nights when they look unbeatable in 2021-22. But this is also a team that may have little chance of beating the top contenders.
Bears | Bears put Quinn on COVID-19 list with Brady, Bucs coming upThe Bears placed linebacker Robert Quinn on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
Bulls | NBA's Eastern Conference shows two favorites and plenty of contendersThe Bulls are hoping to move up in the Eastern Conference, but the competition will be tough. Several teams appear to be on the upswing, with hopes of catching Milwaukee or Brooklyn.
Blackhawks | Strome a healthy scratch again for BlackhawksDylan Strome was a healthy scratch for the fourth straight time when the Chicago Blackhawks hosted the New York Islanders on Tuesday.
Special Report | Arlington Heights formally opens doors to Bears, but Chicago still hopes to keep teamWhile officials at Chicago city hall try to stop the Bears from leaving town, those at Arlington Heights village hall have formally opened their doors to the team in a bid to lure them to the suburbs.
Prep Football | Football / AP Top TenHere are the latest rankings of Illinois high school football teams in each class, according to an Associated Press panel of sports writers
Prep Sports | Girls volleyball: Barrington downs Prospect in home finaleAD Mike Obsuszt and the Barrington fans saw all those qualities on Tuesday as the Mid-Suburban West co-champions rallied from a first-set setback to roll past Prospect 21-25, 25-10, 25-10 in the MSL second-place crossover.
Prep Football | Five Fox Valley teams face must-win games in Week 9Here's a look at some of the Fox storylines heading into Week 9 of the high school football season, including a breakdown of the playoff picture with pairings night around the corner Saturday.
Prep Sports | Boys soccer: Hersey's win sets up rematch with FremdThe No. 8 seed Hersey (10-6-1) drew inspiration from senior Charlie Shiffman, whose eventual game-winning goal in the 57th minute would be all the home side would need to beat Prospect and advance to their third chance to beat Fremd when they meet in the regional final at 6 p.m. Friday.
- 4:28 PMAP sources: 6 C-USA schools apply for AAC membership
- 4:23 PM49ers optimistic QB Jimmy Garoppolo will play this week
- 4:22 PMGirls tennis: Nowicki, St. Viator use teamwork as spark for success
- 4:07 PMNo. 21 SMU tries to get to 7-0 in primetime game vs Tulane
- 3:44 PMNWSL to work with players' union on accountability demands
- Prep FootballMcCluskey carrying on family legacy with Glenbard West
- Prep FootballFootball / AP Top Ten
- Prep FootballFootball / Top 20 / How they fared in Week 8
- Prep FootballFootball / Top 20
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Oswego East knocks out Batavia
- Prep FootballFive Fox Valley teams face must-win games in Week 9
- Prep FootballNaperville North's Robert credits teammates for his special season
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Nava's hat trick lifts Elgin over South Elgin
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Hersey's win sets up rematch with Fremd
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Metea Valley stays alive with OT win
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: St. Charles North edges Glenbard N.in regional semi
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Nowicki, St. Viator use teamwork as spark for success
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Downers North avenges loss, ends South's season
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Mundelein, Warren advance with PK victories
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Naperville Central cruises into regional final