Bulls | McGraw: Bulls will be better this season, but still lack a key ingredient
The new and improved Bulls will probably have nights when they look unbeatable in 2021-22. But this is also a team that may have little chance of beating the top contenders.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Arkush: Trade deadline is Nov. 3, and Bears should deal Foles or DaltonAt 3-3, the Bears are who they've been the last two seasons: a team stuck in the mud.
Blackhawks | Toews off to the slowest start of his Blackhawks careerIt's official: Chicago Blackhawks center Jonathan Toews is off to the slowest start of his 14-year career. Toews, who did not play last season due to health issues, does not have a goal or an assist in the first four games.
Blackhawks | Winless Blackhawks drop home opener 4-1 to IslandersMissed opportunities haunted the Hawks in a 4-1 loss to the New York Islanders.
Sky | 'Amazing role models': Fans from the suburbs praise Sky for their WNBA title and moreThe celebration of the Chicago Sky's WNBA championship continued today with a parade and rally that drew many Sky fans from even the farthest suburbs -- fans who lauded the team not just for their league success but also for the example they set.
Bulls | As Bulls try to build chemistry, did Donovan save any surprises?The Bulls have a ton of new faces this season and most of training camp was spent trying to build chemistry. So did coach Billy Donovan hold anything back during preseason, as a surprise when the real games begin?
NFL | NFL is kicking off $6.2M responsible betting campaignThe NFL is kicking off a $6.2 million campaign for problem gambling programs across the country
NHL | Climate Pledge Arena ready to get Kraken for hockey debutThe home of Seattle's new NHL team is about ready for its hockey debut on Saturday night when the Kraken host the Vancouver Canucks
NFL | Browns' Mayfield out with shoulder injury, Keenum startingCleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield will sit out Thursday's game against the Denver Broncos with a painful left shoulder injury and backup Case Keenum will start
Columns | Grading the Bears: Offensive rhythm, defensive gap integrity the difference in loss to PackersHub Arkush: Bears come close to beating the Packers, but that's never good enough.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: From bad pitchout to pitch-perfect -- Brian Wilson and Al Jardine set for WaukeganJim O'Donnell: A few words from Al Jardine about football and the Beach Boys.
Bulls | NBA's Eastern Conference shows two favorites and plenty of contendersThe Bulls are hoping to move up in the Eastern Conference, but the competition will be tough. Several teams appear to be on the upswing, with hopes of catching Milwaukee or Brooklyn.
Special Report | Arlington Heights formally opens doors to Bears, but Chicago still hopes to keep teamWhile officials at Chicago city hall try to stop the Bears from leaving town, those at Arlington Heights village hall have formally opened their doors to the team in a bid to lure them to the suburbs.
- 5:59 PMA perfect example of the difficulties of NFL short weeks
- 5:55 PMJets rookie WR Moore confident more plays will come soon
- 5:55 PMAP sources: 6 C-USA schools apply for AAC membership
- 5:51 PMSabalenka returns with win over Tomljanovic at Kremlin Cup
- 5:45 PMFati's new Barca contract has 1 billion euro release clause
- Prep FootballMcCluskey carrying on family legacy with Glenbard West
- Prep FootballFootball / AP Top Ten
- Prep FootballFootball / Top 20 / How they fared in Week 8
- Prep FootballFootball / Top 20
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Oswego East knocks out Batavia
- Girls' BasketballLibertyville's Fisher likes the fit at Maryland
- Prep FootballNaperville North's Robert credits teammates for his special season
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Nava's hat trick lifts Elgin over South Elgin
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Hersey's win sets up rematch with Fremd
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Metea Valley stays alive with OT win
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: St. Charles North edges Glenbard N.in regional semi
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Nowicki, St. Viator use teamwork as spark for success
- Prep FootballFive Fox Valley teams face must-win games in Week 9
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Downers North avenges loss, ends South's season
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Mundelein, Warren advance with PK victories