Cubs | Ross blocks out negatives, locks in on Cubs winning World Series
There was a lenghty list of negative storylines at the Cubs Convention over the weekend, but David Ross wasn't buying any of them. The Chicago Cubs' new manager is only concerned with one thing this season, winning the World Series.
Latest Sports Videos
Bulls | Have the Bulls underachieved this season? A discussion with analyst Will PerdueMike McGraw invited former Bulls center and current NBC Sports Chicago studio analyst Will Perdue to discuss whether or not the Bulls have underachieved this season.
NFL | Mahomes' feet, arms, lift Chiefs to Super Bowl over TitansPatrick Mahomes tip-toed down the sideline for a game-turning touchdown, added three TD passes, and the Kansas City Chiefs made their first Super Bowl in a half-century by beating the Tennessee Titans 35-24 for the AFC championship
Cubs | Baez would be 'grateful' to spend entire career with CubsJavier Baez has had contract extension talks with the Chicago Cubs, but so far there is no deal in place. Still two years away from being eligible for free agency, Baez is remains hopeful a long-term deal will get done.
Sports | AUSTRALIAN OPEN '20: A look at Serena, other things to knowSerena Williams resumes her bid for a 24th Grand Slam singles title at the Australian Open
College Sports | No. 14 DePaul women beat Butler, own 3rd in a 15-point winSonya Morris scored 22 points and Deja Church had a double-double and No. 14-ranked DePaul beat Butler 80-65
College Sports | No. 4 UConn extends AAC streak to 127 with rout of TulsaMegan Walker scored 24 points and the No. 4 UConn women routed Tulsa 92-34 to extend their American Athletic Conference winning streak to 127 games
Fire | Chicago Fire adds striker BericThe Chicago Fire announced it has acquired Slovenian striker Robert Beric on transfer from Saint Etienne in France.
Bulls | LaVine gives Cavs an all-star samplerZach LaVine had a fourth quarter to remember, scoring 21 of his 42 points to lead the Bulls to a 118-116 comeback victory over Cleveland on Friday at the United Center. The Bulls trailed by 15 heading into the fourth quarter.
Columns | Rozner: Cubs' Ross intending to manage his wayThere will be much scrutiny of new Cubs manager David Ross in the way he goes about his business, but it sounds like he intends to think for himself.
- 8:00 PMThe Latest: Albot out of Australian Open before 1st round
- 7:57 PMHot-shooting Ducks roll to 105-55 rout of California
- 7:48 PMChiefs' Reid headed back to Super Bowl after long absence
- 7:38 PM49ers running back Tevin Coleman injures right shoulder
- 7:25 PMMessi gives Setién winning start with Barcelona
- Boys' BasketballWheaton Warrenville South opens with a win
- Boys' BasketballKochera hits for 40 as St. Viator routs Waukegan
- Girls' BasketballNaperville North beats one of Indiana's finest
- Girls' BasketballStutelberg's plan results in success for Glenbard West
- Boys' BasketballHalaburt headlines Carmel victory at Montini
- Girls' BasketballMaine West falls to Indiana power
- Prep SportsGirls bowling: Barrington's O'Byrn fires 300 game
- Girls' BasketballBartlett takes 'crazy' game from Lake Park
- Boys' BasketballDeKalb charges by Burlington Central in final minute
- Boys' BasketballLakes unable to soak up win in MLK opener
- Girls' BasketballStevenson's second half does in Palatine
- Prep SportsCook County scoreboard for Saturday, Jan. 18
- Prep SportsLake County scoreboard for Saturday, Jan. 18
- Prep SportsFox Valley scoreboard for Saturday, Jan. 18
- Girls' BasketballBalanced Rosary wins on road at St. Edward
Through the Film Magnifier: Dallas Green, Tony LaRussa, The Lone Ranger, electric cars, a war protest and more