White Sox | After breakout season, White Sox ace Giolito shut down with lat strain
Lucas Giolito was the White Sox's top starting pitcher this year, going 14-9 with a 3.41 ERA. A mild lat strain is ending his season two weeks early.
Latest Sports Videos
Cubs | Chicago Cubs' Rizzo diagnosed with moderate sprain, return uncertainChicago Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo has a moderate sprain of his right ankle, and it's questionable whether he'll return by the end of the regular season.
Cubs | Chicago Cubs keep pace in races with winJoe Maddon managed for keeps early in Monday night's Chicago Cubs 8-2 victory over the Cincinnati Reds at Wrigley Field.
Columns | Rozner: Jordan Lynch as football-immersed as everFormer NIU star Jordan Lynch simply can't give up on a game he loves so much, but now as head coach his focus is on Mount Carmel.
Bears | Bears' Nagy on Pineiro's winning kick: 'You knew that ball was going through'Bears kicker Eddy Pineiro gave a clutch performance in his first-ever road game Sunday in Denver.
Blackhawks | Added weight should help Andrew Shaw deliver more poundings in Act II with BlackhawksIn some ways, Blackhawks forward Andrew Shaw has changed quite a bit over the past three years. In others? Well, not so much.
White Sox | White Sox rookie Jimenez named AL Player of the WeekBatting .435 with 3 home runs and 11 RBI from Sept. 9-15 earned White Sox rookie left fielder Eloy Jimenez American League Player of the Week honors.
Bears | Column: Trubisky needs to step up for BearsBears quarterback Mitch Trubisky is the offense's biggest current detriment after two weeks of football.
White Sox | Twins beat Chicago White Sox 5-3, open 5-game AL Central leadThe Chicago white Sox fell 5-3 on Monday night to the Minnesota Twins, who increased their first-place lead in the AL Central to 5 games over Cleveland.
Fire | New Chicago Fire owner Mansueto bubbling over with optimismNew Chicago Fire owner Joe Mansueto talks about his plans for the club, its move to Soldier Field, and what it means for suburban fans.
Sports | Arlington Park's 2019 season ends this weekThis week marks the last days of the 2019 racing season at Arlington International Racecourse in Arlington Heights, with a number of specials and promotions planned.
- 5:39 PMPatriots place tackle Isaiah Wynn on injured reserve
- 5:28 PMRamsey wants out, doesn't want to be distraction for Jaguars
- 5:24 PMChiney Ogwumike praisesWNBA security after fan incident
- 5:20 PMPatriots are nearly unanimous No. 1 in AP Pro32 poll
- 5:17 PMSaints QB Brees: Confident in surgery, dedicated to rehab
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Glenbard West shuts out WW South
- Prep FootballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Top 20
- Prep SportsThis week's boys soccer Top 20
- Prep SportsProspect's Kavanagh excited about opportunity at Drake
- Prep FootballDuPage County: Tuesday Morning Quarterback
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Fremd bounces back to beat Lake Zurich
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Geneva surges to win at St. Charles North
- Prep SportsHere's one change IHSA needs to make
- Prep FootballAP Top Ten
- Prep SportsImages: See what surfaces in our best high school sports images of the week
- Prep SportsFox Valley scoreboard for Monday, Sept. 16
- Prep SportsDuPage County scoreboard for Monday, Sept. 16
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Maine West wins CSL North opener
- Prep SportsCook County scoreboard for Monday, Sept. 16