Bears | Crazy day at camp: Jenkins finally returns, but Bears lose WRs Pringle, Harry to injury
The Bears are suddenly very thin at wide reciever. See who stepped up Saturday. Also, Teven Jenkins practices for the first time in more than a week.
Latest Sports Videos
White Sox | Kopech shaky on the road again as Sox lose 8-0 in TexasDane Dunning allowed one hit in seven dominant innings against his former team.
Cubs | Smyly gets first win at Wrigley as Cubs beat Marlins 4-0Drew Smyly and Mark Leiter Jr. combined to throw a shutout as the Cubs won their second straight over the Miami Marlins 4-0 at Wrigley Field on Saturday. Catcher P.J. Higgins hit his 5th home run.
White Sox | Real deal: How White Sox starter Dylan Cease has become one of baseball's bestAfter taking a step up last season, White Sox starting pitcher Dylan Cease has taken off this year. The right-hander is 12-4 with a 1.98 ERA and he's set a major-league record by allowing 1 earned run or less in 13 straight starts.
Columns | Zalusky: How Vin Scully brought his trademark eloquence to Chicago baseball momentsVin Scully is usually thought of as the voice of the Dodgers. But he has significant connections with Chicago baseball history.
Columns | Lincicome: Don't blame the Bears if the Sox take a tumble'Tis the alibi season for baseball, and here's a handful that should come in handy.
Cubs | Faced with too many infielders, Cubs release SimmonsFaced with a logjam of infielders, the Cubs designated shortstop Andrelton Simmons for assignment before Saturday's game against Miami.
Columns | High school basketball game the spark for Radtke's careerA 48-year career winds down for longtime Daily Herald High School Sports Editor John Radtke.
Special Report | Some Arlington Park artifacts will be displayed around town, but not this statueAbout a dozen pieces of Arlington Park nostalgia will serve as permanent mementos of the historic grand horse racing palace on display in and around the village of Arlington Heights, officials said. But the iconic "Against All Odds" statue -- artist Edwin Bogucki's bronze depiction of the inaugural 1981 Arlington Million photo finish -- won't be one of them.
Bears | Bears training camp notes: Quinn returns to practiceQuinn had an excused absence on Friday, according to head coach Matt Eberflus.
Pro Sports | Boomers blowout Windy City 17-8The Schaumburg Boomers scored multiple runs in five different innings.
- 1:17 PMFrom the Editor: A fan, yes, but sports journalism comes first
- 2:01 AMPirates try to stop 4-game road slide, play the Orioles
- 2:01 AMGiants try to secure 2-game series win against the Athletics
- 2:01 AMCardinals host the Yankees, try to continue home win streak
- 2:01 AMTexas Rangers and Chicago White Sox play in game 4 of series
- Prep SportsHigh school basketball game the spark for Radtke's career
- Boys' BasketballRolling Meadows' Christie chooses Minnesota
- Prep FootballWheaton North enters 2022 season with target on its back
- Prep FootballCarlson, Kaneland set to take next step
- Prep FootballGerke's role expanding at Batavia
- Prep FootballQB Reichert looking to return Downers Grove North to playoffs
- Prep SportsJacobs selects 5 to 2022 Hall of Fame class
- NewsMaine East grad returns as new hoops head coach
- Boys' BasketballBenet shows it belongs with impressive June performance
- Boys' BasketballNew group at Glenbard West has big shoes to fill
- NewsIt's Anthony Kopp's time
- NapervilleFormer Naperville Central, Wheaton College coach Bishop 'was ahead of his time'
- Prep SportsDundee-Crown announces this year's Hall of Fame Class
- Boys' BasketballYork's Hardek adjusts to bigger role
- Boys' BasketballSt. Charles East looking for bounce back season