White Sox | White Sox lose 100 games as team falls 6-1 to Padres
The Chicago White Sox lost 100 games for the first time since 2018 as Ha-Seong Kim had four hits to lead the San Diego Padres to a 6-1 win on Saturday night.
Latest Sports Videos
Bears | Storytime with Matt Eberflus: Can these Bears have a happy ending like past rebound teams?Grasping for every last straw he can find, Matt Eberflus took a stroll down memory lane Monday. It sounded a bit like a bedtime story intended to give hope to his Bad News Bears before they prepared to slumber through another week.
Bears | Chicago Bears vs. Denver Broncos: 5 storylines to watch in Week 4The Bears (0-3) and the Broncos (0-3) are two desperate teams. The Bears were pounded to a pulp by the defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs last week, while the Broncos gave up 70 points in a historic beatdown against the Miami Dolphins. Here's 5 storylines to watch when they face each other at noon on Sunday.
College Sports | Drew Allar throws a TD and runs for another as No. 6 Penn State pounds Northwestern 41-13Drew Allar threw for a touchdown and ran for one, and No. 6 Penn State beat Northwestern 41-13. The Nittany Lions buried the Wildcats in the second half, scoring 17 in the third quarter to break open a game that was tied at 10 at halftime, and won their 10th in a row since losing to Ohio State last October. Allar completed 18 of 33 passes for 189 yards. He scored from the 1 on Penn State's first possession of the second half and threw a 2-yard TD to Liam Clifford in the closing minutes of the third to make it a 17-point game.
Sports | Europe builds a 5-point lead in Ryder Cup. Cantlay gives the Americans hopeEurope has a five-point lead and history on its side in the Ryder Cup. No team has ever come back from that large a deficit going into the singles session. The Americans have not won on the road before a flag-waving crowd in 30 years.
White Sox | Minor matters: This season's best (and worst) White Sox prospectsWinning games was a problem for White Sox minor-league teams this season, but there were some impressive individual performances from prospects like Colson Montgomery, Cristian Mena, Tim Elko and Terrell Tatum.
Columns | Baseball Way Back: Dunston remembers his road to WrigleyShawon Dunston, who had 11 opening day starts at shortstop for the Cubs, even more than another famous Cubs shortstop, Mr. Cub Ernie Banks reflects on his start in the majors. Dunston he is proud to have grown up in Brooklyn. His hero was his dad, Jack Dunston, a barber and cab driver who passed away 10 years ago. "The reason why I'm successful is because of my dad," he said. Although he loved all sports, his passion was baseball.
Bears | Bears Film Study: Team's miserable start can be traced to misplaced offseason prioritiesAfter tanking for the No. 1 overall draft pick, shouldn't the Bears be a little better than they've shown in the first three weeks. Bears Film Study looks at how the current problems were predictable based on the offseason moves.
College Sports | 3rd-quarter scoring flurry leads Boilermakers to 44-19 rout over Illinois in battle for The CannonHudson Card threw two touchdown passes, Devin Mockobee, Dylan Downing and Tyrone Tracy Jr. all had TD runs and Purdue used a 21-point third-quarter scoring flurry to pull away from Illinois 44-19 and give Walters his first home victory Saturday.
Prep Football | Running back steals show in York's victory over Downers Grove NorthWith the holes his offensive line has been opening up, Jake Melion says it's been getting easier to run the ball each week.
Bears | WR Claypool says Bears are not putting him in best positionBears receiver Chase Claypool on Friday said the Bears are not properly using him. "I'm not going to give any pointers," Claypool said of his coaches. "That's their job to decide and I'll just do what they tell me to do."
- 10:07 PMCubs hold on for win, but eliminated from playoff contention
- 5:52 PMGirls swimming: Kuehn, Fremd enjoy sweet victory at Vikings Relays
- 5:26 PMCook and Lake County football roundup: Rolling Meadows handles Wheeling on Saturday after Friday's game postponed
- 4:59 PM'Luckily, we have the memories': Arlington Park grandstand no more
- 4:22 PMCross country: Narayanan, WW South race past field at St. Charles North
- Prep SportsGirls swimming: Kuehn, Fremd enjoy sweet victory at Vikings Relays
- Prep FootballA new name is added to the list of Wes Spencer Crosstown Classic legends
- Prep SportsCross country: Narayanan, WW South race past field at St. Charles North
- Prep FootballAntioch gets its revenge with convincing win over Wauconda
- Prep FootballBarrington pulls away from Schaumburg
- Prep FootballBig 2nd quarter helps Hoffman Estates keep Mayor's Cup over Conant
- Prep FootballCarmel downs St. Viator to take CCL/ESCC Purple Division lead
- Prep FootballGlenbard South snaps South Elgin's 29-game Upstate Eight Conference winning streak
- Prep FootballIn high-scoring game, Huntley gets best of Crystal Lake South
- Prep FootballImproving Warren stays hot, routs Mundelein
- Prep FootballLisle sees 'ton of positives' despite tough league loss
- Prep FootballLake Zurich tips Libertyville in OT thriller
- Prep FootballMcKenzie runs wild again in Hersey's win over Prospect
- Prep FootballOswego hands West Aurora 1st loss
- Prep FootballPalatine grinds out victory against cross-town rival Fremd