Friday, June 2, 2023
Special Report | Bears looking at Naperville now? Team says it's considering sites other than Arlington Park
Naperville Mayor Scott Wehrli met Friday with Chicago Bears President Kevin Warren to discuss the possibility of building their new NFL stadium in Naperville.
Latest Sports Videos
Bears | Blackhawks | Bulls | Cubs | White Sox
Cubs | Tale of two months: Cubs' April-May splits are good indication of what the team is missingWhat a difference two months can make. Between the Cubs' encouraging performance in April and dreadful results in May, it's obvious what this team needs to be successful. The solution may not be available right away.
Sports | Churchill Downs to cease racing as it investigates 12 horse deathsChurchill Downs will suspend racing on Wednesday and move the remainder of its spring meet to Ellis Park to conduct a "top-to-bottom" review of safety and surface protocols in the wake of 12 horse fatalities the past month at the home of the Kentucky Derby.
White Sox | Gonzalez letting the good times roll while getting shot with White SoxSince taking over for injured second baseman Elvis Andrus, Romy Gonzalez has made a big impression on the White Sox with his power and solid all-around play.
Bears | Hub Arkush: Why absences at Bears OTAs likely much ado about nothingOrganized team activities -- or OTAs as they are commonly referred to across the NFL -- aren't really about playing football, nor will they determine how many games the 2023 Bears are going to win. Hub Arkush on why there's no need to panic about not seeing Nate Davis or Jaylon Johnson in camp yet.
Prep Sports | Boys lacrosse: Pastore's 7 goals help St. Viator advance to state championship gameSt. Viator senior Nicky Pastore made an eye-catching goal, but then added a memorable celebration on Thursday night.
Sky | As Vandersloot returns, Sky lose another key player to injuryWith Courtney Vandersloot set to make her return to Chicago with the New York Liberty on Friday, the Sky has lost another important player long-term. The team announced Rebekah Gardner had surgery on her foot on Thursday.
Prep Sports | Baseball: Hersey's sixth-inning rally beats BarringtonJeremy Allen isn't used to slow starts.
Prep Sports | Boys lacrosse: Wheaton Academy shakes off slow start, reaches state title game for 1st timeWheaton Academy's march to the state championship game hit an early snag on Thursday night.
Prep Sports | Softball: Wright's first career homer powers Wheaton Warrenville South past West Chicago into sectional finalPresley Wright rounded first base, heard the cheers and looked up.
Prep Sports | Baseball: Amptmann's home run sparks Sycamore comeback against St. Francis in sectional semisLooking for a spark after almost two hours of delays, Jimmy Amptmann provided a big one for the Sycamore baseball team.
- 4:13 PMBoys volleyball: Glenbrook South pushes Glenbard West to 3 sets, but defending champs move on
- 10:47 PMJokic gets triple-double, Nuggets roll past Heat 104-93 in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- 10:46 PMPalatine resident lives a White Sox dream
- 4:52 PMBears surprise Highland Park's Cooper Roberts with dune buggy-like wheelchair
- 3:48 PMChurchill Downs implements safety, performance standards to address recent spate of horse deaths
Recommended for You
- Prep SportsBaseball: Hersey's sixth-inning rally beats Barrington
- Prep SportsBaseball: Amptmann's home run sparks Sycamore comeback against St. Francis in sectional semis
- Prep SportsBaseball: Grayslake Central rallies past Crystal Lake South, advances to sectional championship
- Prep SportsBoys lacrosse: Pastore's 7 goals help St. Viator advance to state championship game
- Prep SportsBoys lacrosse: Wheaton Academy shakes off slow start, reaches state title game for 1st time
- Prep SportsSoftball: Wright's first career homer powers Wheaton Warrenville South past West Chicago into sectional final
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Barrington's offensive onslaught too much for St. Charles North in supersectional; Libertyville also state bound
- Prep SportsSoftball: Warren rallies from 8 down in 7th, beats Palatine 16-15 in 10 innings
- Prep SportsBaseball: York, Batavia advance at South Elgin sectional
- Prep SportsBoys volleyball: Glenbrook South beats Glenbrook North to earn first state trip in a decade
- Prep SportsBaseball: Stevenson's 5-run first too much for Libertyville to overcome
- Prep SportsBoys volleyball: Barrington rallies to beat Hononegah, earn trip to state
- Prep SportsSoftball: Savage's stellar pitching leads Lake Park over South Elgin in sectional semifinal
- Prep SportsBoys volleyball: Glenbrook South pushes Glenbard West to 3 sets, but defending champs move on
- Prep SportsBaseball: Flynn pitches Oswego East past Downers Grove North into sectional final