White Sox | La Russa admits he didn't know rule after Sox fall to Reds in extras
Under steady fire during the early part of the season, manager Tony La Russa is facing more backlash after admitting he didn't know a rule in the White Sox's 1-0 loss to the Reds in 10 innings Wednesday.
Latest Sports Videos
Cubs | Cubs walk off for sweep over Dodgers as home-grown pitching talent emergesIn the span of two days, the Cubs got another good start from Adbert Alzolay against the Dodgers on Wednesday night, the day after Keegan Thompson and Justin Steele stood out. All three started in the Cubs organization, which has struggled to produce pitching in recent years.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Horses and Bears at Arlington Park would be an amazing daily doubleJim O'Donnell: How about both horses and Bears at Arlington Park?
Columns | How did the rest of NFC North fare in the draft?The Bears' draft was strong, but how about their competitors in the NFC North?
Blackhawks | Talking Blackhawks defense and more as season winds downJohn Dietz's latest Five Things on the Chicago Blackhawks delves into the team's defensive issues, Dylan Strome, Patrick Kane, Alex DeBrincat and Kirby Dach.
Special Report | Public funds for a stadium on Arlington Park site? State lawmakers from the area split on itThree state lawmakers who represent Arlington Heights differ on whether they'd support public funding if a professional sports franchise like the Chicago Bears sought to build a stadium on the Arlington Park site.
White Sox | Keuchel 'getting there' after standout start vs. RedsWhite Sox starter Dallas Keuchel looked a lot more like his old self in Wednesday's start vs. the Reds. The lefty gave up only 2 hits in 7 scoreless innings.
Girls' Basketball | Women's basketball: Larkin grad Irvin excited to be new assistant coach at IllinoisCorry Irivn is on the move again, this time straight south on Interstate 57. Irvin, a 1992 Larkin High School graduate, was named Tuesday as an assistant women's basketball coach at the University of Illinois.
Cubs | Strop walks away from Cubs, leaving plenty of strong memoriesCubs veteran pitcher Pedro Strop asked for and received his release. He made two appearances with the Cubs in April, but spent most of the season at the South Bend alternate site.
Cubs | Arrieta: Going on injured list was right moveBefore Wednesday's game, Jake Arrieta went over some details of the decision to go on the 10-day injured list with a cut on his right thumb.
Cubs | Steele, Thompson kept cool in Tuesday's tense win over DodgersCubs rookie pitchers started and finished Tuesday's extra-innings victory over the Dodgers. Keegan Thompson and Justin Steele both talked about dealing with the emotions of the moment.
- 10:15 AMHall of Fame creating behavioral health program for players
- 10:09 AMSafety McCain released by Dolphins to make room for rookie
- 10:03 AMNadal reaches Madrid Open quarters, Barty into final
- 9:54 AMMan City follows Milan path to final from UEFA legal clash
- 8:00 AMMagic, AdventHealth teaming up for fan vaccination event
- Girls' BasketballWomen's basketball: Larkin grad Irvin excited to be new assistant coach at Illinois
- Boys' GymnasticsBoys gymnastics: Palatine a sectional champ again
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Mid-Suburban League all-conference team
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Northern Lake County Conference all-conference team
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: North Suburban Conference all-conference team
- Prep SportsSoftball: WW South hands Wheaton North its 1st DuKane loss
- Prep SportsSoftball: Batavia's bats get hot in win over Geneva
- Prep SportsSoftball: Big second inning propels Carmel past St. Viator
- Prep SportsSoftball: Pavelka pitches Naperville Central over Neuqua
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: St. Viator, Carmel play to a 1-1 draw
- NewsGlenbrook South, New Trier start of track season in a big way
- NewsHerald athlete of the week: Glenbrook South's Sydney Willits
- NewsBASEBALL: ST. VIATOR 5, GLENBROOK NORTH 2
- NewsGlenbrook gymnasts hope to control their sectional destiny
- Prep SportsBoys lacrosse: Experienced Lake Zurich knocks off Barrington
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Frontier Days, Bill Veeck, PeeWee Football, The Cellar nightclub and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Hamburger University, Tug-O-War, Dance competitions and more