Bulls | What will Bulls do in free agency? Plenty of options, but not many open spots
The Chicago Bulls have 11 players under contract and at least two young players at every position. So where should they start free agent shopping Sunday?
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | O'Donnell: Draft daze 2019 -- Bulls flatline, does clock continue to tick on Stan Bowman?Jim O'Donnell isn't exactly overwhelmed by the drafts of the Bulls and Blackhawks.
White Sox | White Sox rally after blowing lead in 8th, beat Boston 8-7José Abreu hit a two-run homer over the Green Monster in the ninth inning -- his third hit of the game -- and the White Sox recovered after blowing the lead in the eighth to beat Boston 8-7. Abreu had four RBIs, and Leury García also had three hits for Chicago.
Cubs | Chicago Cubs could turn to Kimbrel on Thursday, if necessaryRecently signed closer Craig Kimbrel is likely to join the Chicago Cubs in time to be activated for Thursday's series finale against the Atlanta Braves at Wrigley Field.
Cubs | Chicago Cubs done with Contreras-Flowers confrontationChicago Cubs catcher Willson Contreras and manager Joe Maddon downplayed Monday night's bench-clearing incident with the Atlanta Braves.
Blackhawks | Blackhawks introduce top draft choiceKirby Dach's competitive fire is a big reason the Blackhawks chose the 6-foot-4, 198-pound center as the No. 3 pick in the NHL draft.
Pro Sports | Loss to Washington Mystics missed opportunity for SkyElena Delle Donne had 22 points and seven rebounds, Ariel Atkins added 14 points, 6 rebounds and 5 steals and the Washington Mystics beat the Chicago Sky 81-74 on Wednesday.
Blackhawks | New Blackhawks defenseman de Haan can't wait to get rollingNew Blackhawks defenseman Calvin de Haan was thrilled to be compared to Niklas Hjalmarsson. "That's a compliment," de Haan said one day after coming to the Hawks in a trade.
NHL | Goalie Roberto Luongo retires after 19 NHL seasonsFlorida goalie Roberto Luongo retires after 19 seasons with Panthers, Canucks, Islanders
Blackhawks | Blackhawks finally have a schedule they can loveThe NHL released all 31 teams' schedules Tuesday, and the Blackhawks figure to be pretty happy with how theirs shakes out.
Columns | Rozner: Trades just start of big Chicago Blackhawks decisionsThe Blackhawks have made significant upgrades to the defense, but they have more big decisions to make.
- 10:24 PMCruz's 3-run double in 7th leads Twins past Rays 6-4
- 10:24 PMYankees homer again, beat Blue Jays on Torres' RBI in 9th
- 9:52 PMRooney scores on 70-yarder, leads United past Orlando City
- 9:45 PMOri Okwonkwo scores twice, Impact beat Timbers 2-1
- 9:21 PMTwins OF Eddie Rosario leaves game with sprained ankle
- Prep SportsCary-Grove's Priester took a risk, but it paid off in the end
- Boys' BasketballStrengths of Naperville North's Welch? A lot
- Prep FootballSwitching from baseball to track a solid decision for Antioch's Grindley
- Girls' BasketballBy design, Elk Grove's Kandefer stood out in sports and academics
- Girls' BasketballWest Aurora's Miles overcame adversity to excel
- Prep FootballWheeling's Best was best at a lot, but also was the best teammate
- Girls' BasketballGlenbard South's Bair more than just a great athlete
- Prep SportsSuburban high school athletes lauded for both athletic and compassionate feats
- Prep SportsStevenson's Sorenson doubled her fun
- NewsImages: Daily Herald Prep Sports Excellence Awards
- Prep SportsBaseball: Heartbreak for St. Charles North in 4A title game
- Prep SportsImages: St. Charles North vs. Edwardsville, Class 4A State Championship in Baseball
- Prep SportsBaseball / Final Top 20
- Prep SportsImages: Huntley vs. St. Charles East, Class 4A State Championship in Softball
- Prep SportsImages: St. Francis vs. Sycamore, Class 3A State Championship in Softball
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more