White Sox | Buehrle won't be celebrating 10-year anniversary of perfect game
Mark Buehrle never sought out the spotlight during his 12 seasons pitching for the Chicago White Sox. The left-hander said he never even thinks about the perfect game he threw vs. Tampa Bay a decade ago.
Latest Sports Videos
Bears | Why Chicago Bears GM Pace is excited about Leonard Floyd, Mitch TrubiskyIt was fascinating to hear the contrast from Chicago Bears general manager Ryan Pace on Sunday at team brass' annual pre-training camp news conference as he discussed arguably his two most important players not named Khalil Mack.
White Sox | Moncada cleans up in Chicago White Sox's 9-1 romp over MarlinsBatting cleanup for the first time this season, Yoan Moncada homered and had 4 RBI in the Chicago White Sox's 9-1 win over the Marlins Monday night at Guaranteed Rate Field. Starter Ivan Nova pitched a complete game.
Cubs | Panik's double caps 3-run 8th as Giants rally past Cubs 5-4Joe Panik hit a go-ahead double with two outs in a three-run eighth inning, and the San Francisco Giants continued their winning ways since the All-Star break by rallying past the Chicago Cubs 5-4.
Pro Sports | Chicago Fire happy for another chance to competeThe Chicago Fire faces a difficult challenge when it hosts one of the top teams in Mexico, Cruz Azul, in the inaugural Leagues Cup.
Bears | Bears' Clinton-Dix to begin camp on PUP listBears prize free agent safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix will begin his first training camp in Bourbonnais on the PUP list.
Columns | Jackson Outdoors: Bring back Friday night perch dinnersI didn't want to listen to the state DNR biologists when they rang the doomsday bell signaling a major decline in the Lake Michigan perch population. They were reporting facts based on science. We as a fishing community reacted out of ignorance, disappointment and customary rituals. If you held to the age-old expression "nothing stays the same" in Chicago, you are probably right. But I hated change, especially when it impacts recreational fishing.
NFL | Broncos' new coach Fangio a mix of old-fashioned, newfangledDenver Broncos new head coach Vic Fangio is finally implementing his philosophies developed over four decades as an assistant.
MLB | Chicago takes on Miami after Nova's strong outingChicago looks to follow up a strong outing by Monday starter Ivan Nova
Cubs | Chicago's Rizzo puts 13-game hit streak on the line against GiantsCubs, streaking Rizzo set for matchup with Giants
NFL | AP Source: Bills RB Gore has minor injury before camp opensA person familiar with the situation tells The Associated Press the Buffalo Bills have placed running back Frank Gore on the non-football injury list due to what is considered a minor injury
- 4:37 PMChiefs expecting Hill in camp; Jones' status still uncertain
- 4:29 PMBengals sign WR Tyler Boyd to 4-year contract extension
- 4:27 PMNCAA punishes DePaul for basketball recruiting violation
- 4:24 PMEx-Florida coach McElwain gets another shot at Cent Michigan
- 4:21 PMBengals owner Mike Brown opposes 18-game schedule proposal
- Boys' BasketballLegendary St. Joseph basketball coach Gene Pingatore dies at 82
- Boys' BasketballStrengths of Naperville North's Welch? A lot
- Prep FootballSwitching from baseball to track a solid decision for Antioch's Grindley
- Girls' BasketballBy design, Elk Grove's Kandefer stood out in sports and academics
- Girls' BasketballWest Aurora's Miles overcame adversity to excel
- Boys' BasketballElgin basketball coach Hess resigns after one season
- Prep FootballWheeling's Best was best at a lot, but also was the best teammate
- Girls' BasketballGlenbard South's Bair more than just a great athlete
- Prep SportsServices Saturday for Karen Kublank, Title IX pioneer at Palatine High
- Prep SportsSuburban high school athletes lauded for both athletic and compassionate feats
- Prep SportsStevenson's Sorenson doubled her fun
- NewsImages: Daily Herald Prep Sports Excellence Awards
- Prep SportsCary-Grove's Priester took a risk, but it paid off in the end
- Prep SportsBaseball: Heartbreak for St. Charles North in 4A title game
- Prep SportsImages: St. Charles North vs. Edwardsville, Class 4A State Championship in Baseball
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more