White Sox | White Sox's Anderson striving to see positives amid national turmoil
Tim Anderson, the lone African-American on the Chicago White Sox last season, understands the nationwide turmoil caused by the death of George Floyd, but he's looking past all of the negatives.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | O'Donnell: Addison Trail grad Amin new Bulls TV voiceJim O'Donnell: Adam Amin is the new Bulls play-by-play voice.
Columns | Rozner: Playoff hockey is welcome in any formNot everyone is happy with the NHL's plan to crown a champion this summer, but it's certainly better than no hockey at all.
Cubs | Report: MLB owners mulling offer of 50-game seasonAs baseball tries to return from the coronavirus pandemic, major-league owners are reportedly discussing a plan to offer players prorated pay for a 50-game regular season.
Columns | Rozner: In times of unrest, words matter more than everWondering aloud what my grandfather would have thought of what's happening in America today.
Boys' Basketball | Top basketball players of the century: Boys No. 5, Drew Crawford of Naperville CentralNaperville Central graduate Drew Crawford might be the program's best all-time player, but what set him apart was an ability to make those around him better.
Girls' Basketball | Top basketball players of the century: Girls No. 5, Lindsay Schrader of BartlettAfter outstanding high school and college careers, Lindsay Schrader is enjoying life away from basketball in Seattle.
Prep Football | Illinois State is a slam dunk for DwyerLake Zurich football player Jack Dwyer missed his team's final five games last fall due to a knee injury, but his future is bright. The incoming senior gave a verbal commitment to Illinois State University last week.
Columns | IHSA Return To Play plan still on hold, awaiting IDPH approvalThe Illinois High School Association's release of its Return To Play Guidelines has been delayed a fourth time, as the IHSA awaits final approval of the plan from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Boys' Basketball | Top basketball players of the century: Boys No. 6, John Shurna of Glenbard WestEditors note: The Daily Herald is counting down the Top Ten boys and girls basketball players of the century in our coverage area. We continue today with No. 6 -- John Shurna of Glenbard West and Darrione Rogers of Lake Park.
Girls' Basketball | Top basketball players of the century: Girls No. 6, Darrione Rogers of Lake ParkLake Park's Darrione Rogers scored 2,191 points at Lake Park and led a young and unheralded Lancers squad downstate this spring.
- 6:06 PMSeahawks sign fourth-round pick TE Colby Parkinson
- 6:02 PMSteelers RB Conner focusing on present, not uncertain future
- 5:25 PMUS players Steffen, Adams express solidarity with Floyd
- 5:22 PMCeltics coach: Empathy means more than basketball right now
- 5:19 PMNFL tells teams they must hold training camps at home
- Prep SportsIHSA Return To Play plan still on hold, awaiting IDPH approval
- Prep FootballIllinois State is a slam dunk for Dwyer
- Prep FootballWisconsin-based company on cutting edge of sanitizing sports equipment
- Prep SportsRivalry in Naperville set aside for good cause
- Girls' BasketballQuarantine not stopping Kampschroeder, others from making college decisions
- Girls' BasketballTop basketball players of the century: Girls No. 5, Lindsay Schrader of Bartlett
- Boys' BasketballTop basketball players of the century: Boys No. 5, Drew Crawford of Naperville Central
- Boys' BasketballTop basketball players of the century: Boys No. 6, John Shurna of Glenbard West
- Prep SportsBaseball future uncertain for Benet grad McInerney
- Prep FootballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin
- Prep SportsNFHS issues reopening guidelines
- Prep SportsClubhouse Chatter: The best game I ever covered was ...
- Girls' BasketballTop basketball players of the century: Girls No. 6, Darrione Rogers of Lake Park
- Prep SportsClubhouse Chatter: Who is on your Mount Rushmore of Chicago athletes?
- Boys' BasketballTop basketball players of the century: Boys No. 7, Johnny Moran of Jacobs
Through the Film Magnifier: Iranian Hostage freed, Pee Wee baseball, Jim Harbaugh Bruce Sutter and more