White Sox | Yes! Hawk Harrelson heading to Hall of Fame
Ken "Hawk" Harrelson, the Chicago White Sox's colorful TV broadcaster for 33 years, is going to be inducted into the Hall of Fame in July. On Wednesday, the 78-year-old Harrelson was selected as the 2020 recipient of the Ford C. Frick Award.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Rozner: Above all else, Harrelson offered White Sox fans entertainmentAt a time when so little differentiates most baseball broadcasters, one of the great personalities of all time will get his due as Hawk Harrelson finally reaches the Hall of Fame.
Blackhawks | De Haan's absence on Hawks' defense another tough void to fillAfter the Blackhawks' Calvin de Haan suffered a shoulder injury in Las Vegas, he flew back to Chicago for further evaluation. If he's lost for a considerable amount of time, it puts immense pressure on a blue line that is already without Duncan Keith.
Bulls | LaVine can't miss, Chicago Bulls roll past HawksZach LaVine scored 35 points and hit 7 of 7 shots from 3-point range without playing in the fourth quarter. The Chicago Bulls took care of business by rolling past Atlanta 136-102 on Wednessday
Bulls | Parker advocates an NBA team with all Chicago guysSouth Side native Jabari Parker, who had a brief run with the Bulls last season, talked about why more Chicago guys aren't clamoring to play for the Bulls.
Columns | O'Donnell: Costas, Halberstam have their say on Harrelson as Frick winnerJim O'Donnell says the stars have aligned to welcome Hawk into Hall of Fame.
Bears | Mitchell Trubisky rides Bears' win streak into Pack rematchConfidence has placed Mitchell Trubisky and the Chicago Bears offense in a far better situation than at midseason
White Sox | Done deal: Mazara is Chicago White Sox's new right fielderEarly Wednesday morning, the Chicago White Sox announced they had acquired 24-year-old right fielder Nomar Mazara in a trade with the Texas Rangers. Minor-league outfielder Steele Walker goes to Texas in the deal.
- Boys' BasketballDefense keys Glenbard West win against WW South
- Girls' BasketballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin (and Orrin)
- Girls' BasketballGlenbard South outlasts WW South in second OT
- Girls' BasketballCatching up on all the hall of famers
- Boys' BasketballExperience pays off for Linke, St. Charles North
- Girls' BasketballBartlett's Sinclair picks up MVP honor
- Boys' BasketballGlenbard East's Hall Daily Herald MVP
- Girls' BasketballDrozdz, Stanke lead Wheeling past Maine East
- Girls' BasketballMaine West's Dugalic shows class with tweet to team that broke win streak
- Girls' BasketballHampshire battles past improving Jacobs
- Boys' BasketballBurlington Central notches 1st FVC win
- Prep SportsDuPage County scoreboard for Wednesday, Dec. 11
- Prep SportsCook County scoreboard for Wednesday, Dec. 11
- Prep SportsLake County scoreboard for Wednesday, Dec. 11
- Boys' BasketballJakubicek's last-second dunk stuns Crystal Lake South