College Sports | Nine is enough! Illinois stuns No. 7 Penn State in NCAA's 1st 9OT game
Casey Washington caught a 2-point conversion pass from Brandon Peters to end the first nine-overtime game in NCAA history and lift Illinois over No. 7 Penn State 20-18 Saturday.
Latest Sports Videos
Blackhawks | Another Blackhawks headache: Kane, Carpenter, Gustafsson placed in COVID protocolThe Chicago Blackhawks had to place Patrick Kane, Ryan Carpenter and Erik Gustafsson into COVID protocol Saturday. It is a "day to day" situation, according to coach Jeremy Colliton.
Blackhawks | Struggling Blackhawks have several problems to addressSo what is wrong with the Chicago Blackhawks? Great question. John Dietz has some answers ...
Columns | Arkush: Bucs, Bears looks like a mismatch but what's lurking below the surface?Hub Arkush: If the Bears can't disrupt Tom Brady's passing attack, it could be a long afternoon.
Prep Football | Here are the pairings for the IHSA state football playoffs.Here are the pairings for the IHSA state football playoffs.
Columns | Lincicome: For some Cubs fans, suffering seems to be a birthrightBernie Lincicome: Here's the letter Cubs owner Tom Rickets ought to send to the faithful.
Bulls | DeRozan credits Pistons coach Casey for shaping careerWhen the Bulls opened the season in Detroit on Wednesday, DeMar DeRozan talked about how important Pistons coach Dwane Casey was to his NBA career.
Columns | Zalusky: Joe DiMaggio was one of the Greatest Generation of hittersSteve Zalusky: An adjustment by the third baseman helped end The Streak of Joe DiMaggio.
Bears | Trevis Gipson could take on starting role with Quinn's status in questionSean Hammond: Trevis Gipson bides his time waiting for a start, and it could come Sunday at Tampa.
Bulls | Ball sees Bulls having speed advantage over most NBA teamsThe Bulls scored 94 points on opening night in Detroit, then poured in 128 on Friday against New Orleans. Point guard Lonzo Ball talked about the importance of the undersized Bulls playing fast.
Bulls | Ball drops triple-double on Pels; Bulls roll in home openerThe Chicago Bulls figured to have an easy time against a New Orleans squad playing without Zion Williamson. And they delivered a 128-112 victory in the home opener at the United Center on Friday.
Prep Football | Batavia wins double OT thriller over St. Charles NorthJacob Hohmann had only seven carries all season entering the final week of the regular season. He only needed one to make his mark in the most critical of situations. Hohmann, Batavia's senior running back, gutted a 2-yard touchdown in double overtime and Batavia's defense then forced a turnover on downs to push Batavia over St. Charles North 36-29 in a DuKane Conference thriller and regular season finale.
- 9:29 PMGirls tennis: Stevenson's Wang savors state title win over Lake Forest's Rabjohns
- 9:27 PMS. Florida uses ground attack to pull away from Temple 34-14
- 9:26 PMDay long celebration to welcome the Kraken to Seattle
- 9:16 PMBoys soccer: Barrington nips Libertyville in regional title game
- 9:13 PMHurricanes stretch win streak to 4 games, beat Columbus 5-1
- Prep FootballHere are the pairings for the IHSA state football playoffs.
- Prep FootballBatavia wins double OT thriller over St. Charles North
- Prep FootballFootball / Top 20 / How they fared in Week 9
- Prep FootballHeartstopping win for Warren over Lake Forest
- Prep FootballPalatine rolls past Hoffman to share MSL West crown
- Prep FootballCrystal Lake South tops Huntley for 5th win
- Prep FootballBuffalo Grove nips Hersey to tie for MSL East title
- Prep FootballFriday night Northwest suburbs roundup: Maine South holds off New Trier to clinch CSL South outright.
- Prep FootballCriter sparks St. Francis to win over IC Catholic Prep
- Prep FootballRolling Meadows upsets Prospect, becomes playoff eligible
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Fremd, Barrington doubles teams still alive at state
- Prep FootballWW South gets crucial fifth victory, edging Glenbard North
- Prep FootballNaperville North upsets Neuqua Valley on final play of DVC Bowl
- Prep FootballThe IHSA football playoff pairings have been announced: Here's where to find them
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Stevenson's Wang savors state title win over Lake Forest's Rabjohns