Bulls | Beating Cavs proves to be too tall a task for shorthanded Bulls
The Bulls faced a considerable size disadvantage against Cleveland on Wednesday and their shorthanded lineup wasn't up to the task. They were throttled by the Cavs 115-92.
Latest Sports Videos
Bears | Bears QB Fields will start Sunday at Green BaySean Hammond: Justin Fields will start at quarterback for the Bears Sunday night at Green Bay.
Bulls | Even shorthanded, Bulls proving they've learned how to winThere may be no better example of the Bulls' transformation to a winning team than Monday's win over Denver, when they were missing several key players and still made all the winning plays.
Columns | Thomas becomes fourth Bulls player in health and safety protocolsBulls guard Matt Thomas entered health and safety protocols Wednesday, bringing the team total to four heading into the matchup with the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Bulls are expected to sign Stanley Johnson using the NBA's hardship exception.
Blackhawks | Blackhawks: Khaira prognosis 'excellent' following crushing check TuesdayTeam physician Michael Terry said Blackhawks forward Jujhar Khaira is expected to make a full recovery following a crushing check Tuesday night against the New York Rangers.
Columns | Arkush: Justified or not, getting fired hurts -- even in the NFLEveryone that watches is entitled to an opinion, and every player or coach will eventually be fired.
Bears | Montgomery among Bears sitting out Wednesday's practiceAdd running back David Montgomery to the Bears' injury list.
Bulls | Illini plan to honor Bulls rookie Dosunmu on Jan. 6Bulls rookie Ayo Dosunmu will return to his college home in Champaign on Jan. 6 to join the school's honored basketball jerseys.
Bulls | Donovan says Caruso may return to Bulls sooner than expectedBulls coach Billy Donovan said Alex Caruso has made a quick recovery from a sore hamstring and will ramp up his activity in the next few days with the hope of being back sooner than expected.
Cubs | After surprising Stroman signing, are Cubs preparing to spend on more proven talent?The Cubs signed free-agent starting pitcher Marcus Stroman to a three-year, $71 million contract last week. MLB owners locked out the players the following day, so wait and see if Cubs president of baseball operations Jed Hoyer keeps spending when the game is back up and running.
Bears | Bears assistant OL coach Raiola leaves for position at NebraskaChanges to the coaching staff have begun already at Halas Hall.
- Girls' BasketballWillowbrook's roll continues against Maine West
- Girls' BasketballNazareth hands Carmel second-straight loss
- Prep SportsBoys swimming: Scouting the 2021-2022 season in Lake County
- Prep SportsBoys swimming: Scouting the 2021-2022 season in the Northwest suburbs
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Fontana stepping down as coach at Crystal Lake South
- Boys' BasketballBig second half powers Huntley past Cary-Grove
- Girls' BasketballSycamore rolls past Kaneland
- Boys' BasketballLake Park hands Batavia 1st loss
- Girls' GymnasticsGirls gymnastics: Batavia edges Geneva
- Girls' GymnasticsGirls gymnastics: Hermann settling in at Warren
- Boys' BasketballWW South still unbeaten after win over Geneva
- Girls' BasketballWednesday, Dec. 8 basketball results
- Girls' BasketballTuesday, Dec. 7 basketball results
- Boys' BasketballCasey sparks York to easy win over Downers Grove South
- Girls' BasketballWinter? Not at Prospect, thanks to Summer