White Sox | White Sox legend Minnie Minoso voted into Hall of Fame
Minnie Minoso, a standout baseball player for the White Sox for 12 seasons, gained entry into the Hall of Fame Sunday on voting by the Golden Dats Era committee.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Bears play decent game, but interceptions doom dim playoff hopesFour interceptions by Andy Dalton sink the Bears' chances of pulling off an upset over the 10-2 Arizona Cardinals at Soldier Field on Sunday.
Columns | That makes it clear: Matt Nagy needs to be firedBears head coach Matt Nagy hasn't lost the respect of his players, but it's apparent something needs to change in the organization.
Bulls | Dosunmu willing to embrace Donovan's tough loveBulls rookie Ayo Dosunmu, who scored 11 points against Brooklyn on Saturday, should get plenty of opportunities in the coming days with Coby White and Javonte Green in health and safety protocols, while Alex Caruso is nursing a sore hamstring.
Bears | 3 and out: What mattered, what worked and what didn't in Bears loss to CardinalsCostly interceptions, David Mongomery's big game and Arizona's short field position added up to a 33-22 loss to the best team in the NFC.
Bears | Bears running back David Montgomery isn't giving up on the final 5 games of 2021While some fans might say there is little reason to watch the Bears over the final five weeks of the season, running back David Montgomery sees the final five weeks through a different lens.
Bears | Nagy resorts to hand signals, walkie-talkie as head sets malfunction in home stadiumA headset issue at Soldier Field forced coach Matt Nagy and quarterback Andy Dalton resort to old-school hand signals and shouting.
College Sports | CFP: Orange Bowl semi pits star defenses in Michigan-GeorgiaNo. 2 seed Michigan and No. 3 Georgia will meet in a College Football Playoff semifinal on New Year's Eve in the Orange Bowl in Miami Gardens, Florida
Columns | After disappointing season, Jimenez looking to regain old form with White SoxWhite Sox left fielder Eloy Jimenez is working to get back in the groove next year after missing the first four months of last season with an injury and hitting .249 with 10 home runs and 37 RBI in 55 games.
Prep Football | Presenting the 2021 Daily Herald All-Area football teamsWheaton North's Mark Forcucci, Cary-Grove's Jameson Sheehan, Maine South's Mike Sajenko and Warren's Maurice Edwards are the captains of the 2021 Daily Herald All-Area football teams.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: The way it was -- fresh insights into 'The NFL Today' recall a golden era at CBSTaking a look at what made "The NFL Today" on CBS so unique is the subject of a new book, "You Are Looking Live."
- Prep FootballPresenting the 2021 Daily Herald All-Area football teams
- Prep FootballForcucci guides Wheaton North to state title with stellar play at QB, strong leadership skills
- Prep FootballSheehan leads Cary-Grove to undefeated season, Class 6A state crown with steady play, toughness
- Prep FootballMaine South's Sajenko thrived in leading Hawks to state title game
- Prep FootballWarren's Edwards -- a player who, simply, has it all
- Prep FootballPresenting the 2021 All-Area Football Team / Northwest suburbs
- Prep FootballPresenting the 2021 All-Area Football Team / DuPage County
- Prep FootballPresenting the 2021 All-Area Football Team / Fox
- Prep FootballPresenting the 2021 Lake County All-Area Football Team
- Prep FootballFootball / Top 20
- Girls' GymnasticsGirls gymnastics: Kauffman leads Lake Zurich to Galatte crown
- Girls' BasketballSaturday, Dec. 4 basketball results
- Girls' BasketballUnbeaten Carmel turns back Geneva
- Boys' BasketballLake Forest holds off Libertyville in NSC opener
- Prep SportsBoys bowling: Vernon Hills' Napierkowski finishes 3rd at Cougar Classic