White Sox | Robert, Anderson give White Sox bats some wake-up calls in win over Royals
Robert hit a 2-run homer and had a pair of RBI singles.
Latest Sports Videos
Cubs | Stroman returns, not quite back to 100% for Cubs in 3-1 lossCubs pitcher Marcus Stroman returned to the mound Thursday after an 18-day break between starts due to an unspecified trip to the injured list. After retiring the first nine Arizona batters, Stroman gave up 3 runs in the fourth inning.
Columns | Gonzales: 'Humbled' Jenkins looking forward to statue unveiling at Wrigley FieldFergie Jenkins, who last pitched for the Cubs 39 years ago, will be honored Friday with a statue at Gallagher Way outside Wrigley Field.
Cubs | While future remains uncertain, Cubs exec Hoyer says he has great relationship with ContrerasCubs president of baseball operations Jed Hoyer spoke to reporters before Thursday's game and had no news on a potential extension for Willson Contreras, but had nice things to say about the veteran catcher.
Special Report | Arlington Heights mayor: First review of Bears' Arlington plans right now scheduled for this fallAn initial public review of the Chicago Bears' preliminary redevelopment plans for Arlington Park is tentatively scheduled for this fall, Arlington Heights Mayor Tom Hayes said Thursday. "This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. ... Opportunities like this don't come along very often."
Columns | Arkush: Yes, Bears GM Poles is all in on Justin Fields. Why wouldn't he be?If Bears general manager Ryan Poles has a plan for anything but pain for his prized asset quarterback Justin Fields this season, right now it's awfully hard to see despite the presumption there's a growing chorus that Poles wants to sabotage Fields.
Cubs | Cubs prospect Howard will have hip surgery, miss rest of seasonShortstop Ed Howard, the Cubs first-round draft pick in 2020, will have hip surgery and miss the rest of the minor-league season. The Chicago native played in 23 games at Single A South Bend this spring.
College Sports | 'We're done': A&M's Fisher fires back at 'narcissist' SabanTexas A&M coach Jimbo Fisher is firing back at Alabama coach Nick Saban
Prep Sports | Boys track and field: Warren takes home 1st sectional crownThe heat was on Thursday night when 16 teams met for the Class 3A boys track sectional at Grayslake Central with a berth to the 2022 state meet next week in Charleston on the line.
Prep Sports | Boys track and field: St. Viator finishes 3rd at Belvidere sectionalNine days after taking the Kishwaukee River Conference boys track and field meet title, Woodstock continued its strong postseason with a narrow victory Thursday at the Class 2A Belvidere sectional.
Prep Sports | Boys track and field: Prospect takes 2nd at Glenbrook South sectionalIt happens. Batons drop in a track and field meet. What matters is one's response.
- 2:01 AMYankees host the White Sox, aim to continue home win streak
- 2:01 AMDiamondbacks face the Cubs leading series 1-0
- 2:01 AMGuardians bring 3-game losing streak into matchup with the Tigers
- 2:01 AMRed Sox meet the Mariners following Story's 3-home run game
- 2:01 AMOrioles take on the Rays in first of 3-game series
- Prep SportsLibertyville's rally in the seventh keeps Barrington at bay
- Prep SportsHuntley teams up to take sectional
- Prep SportsWheaton North attack finds its rhythm to beat South Elgin
- Prep SportsGannon nabs a hat trick plus one in Kaneland's blowout victory
- Prep SportsBurlington Central steps past Kaneland at sectional
- Prep SportsWheaton Academy gets the stop against St. Francis
- Prep SportsSoftball: Fremd comes from behind to beat Hersey
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Lakes, St. Viator advance to regional final
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Glenbard East wins 8th straight
- Prep SportsSoftball: Libertyville's early lead holds up vs. Stevenson
- Prep SportsBaseball: Person pitches Burlington Central over Hampshire
- Prep SportsBaseball: St. Charles East celebrates senior day with victory
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: St. Charles North blanks Streamwood in regional opener
- Prep SportsBaseball: Libertyville clinches share of NSC crown
- Prep SportsBoys track and field: St. Viator finishes 3rd at Belvidere sectional