Columns | North Central football means a bit more to Naperville's mayor
As North Central College's football team chases another national championship, the Cardinals will have a big fan in their corner -- Naperville Mayor Scott Wehrli
Latest Sports Videos
Bears | Silvy: Justin Fields is showing improvement, but is it enough?On the Bears social media pages, for the world to see, there was Ryan Poles not only hugging Justin Fields but lifting him up in a pure joyful moment. There haven't been many moments like these for Poles or Fields.
Prep Football | Daily Herald All-Area football captains in the NFLThe 2023 Daily Herald All-Area football captains will be announced in Sunday's Daily Herald. Will one of them follow these former captains to the NFL?
Blackhawks | Blackhawks' Corey Perry apologizes, admits alcohol problemTwo days after the Blackhawks put Corey Perry on unconditional waivers for "unacceptable" conduct, the former MVP released a statement expressing his remorse. Perry admitted he has an alcohol problem and will take "whatever steps necessary to ensure this never happens again."
Bulls | Minus top scorers, Bulls have fun again, beat Bucks in OTWith Zach LaVine and DeMar DeRozan sidelined by injuries, the Bulls delivered a spirited effort and beat Milwaukee 120-113 in overtime on Thursday at United Center. The biggest shot was Alex Caruso's 3-pointer at the buzzer to force OT.
Girls' Basketball | Lake Zurich finds a way to knock off WaukeganIt took a long time for Lake Zurich to put Waukegan away, but the host Bears got the job done in their North Suburban Conference boys basketball opener Thursday night. The Bulldogs trailed 52-41 after a 3-pointer by Brandon Phillips to open the fourth quarter. But Lake Zurich (4-2, 1-0) went on a quick 7-0 run to build their biggest lead of the game at 58-42 on a three-point play by senior Ryan Carroll with 6:55 to play.
Girls' Basketball | Lake County girls basketball notes: Mundelein's hot; Stevenson's Klatt hits 1,000/1,000 milestoneThe process is working for the Mundelein girls basketball team.
College Sports | No. 4 UConn heads to No. 5 Kansas for rare matchup of the past two national championsFourth-ranked UConn is headed to fifth-ranked Kansas on Friday night for a rare showdown involving the past two national champions.
Boys' Basketball | South Elgin slips past Glenbard South in Upstate Eight ConferenceThursday's Upstate Eight Conference boys basketball opener in Glen Ellyn featured two teams still trying to find themselves.
Girls' Basketball | Rifenburg, Benet play big against Lyons Twp.Benet sophomore guard Bridget Rifenburg is making a quick adjustment to a bigger role this season. After the graduation of superstar point guard Lenee Beaumont, the Redwings have been a team in transition in the first month of the season.
College Sports | No. 16 Iowa embraces underdog role as it takes on No. 2 Michigan in Big Ten title gameIowa defensive end Joe Evans spent six years defying the odds, going from walk-on linebacker to all-conference defensive end. Now Evans wants to close out his career with one more memorable moment -- helping No. 16 Iowa upset No. 2 Michigan in Saturday's Big Ten championship.
- 8:44 AMNeuqua Valley's lead slips away at Sycamore
- 10:30 PMJacobs gets its 1st victory, hands McHenry its 1st loss
- 10:21 PMRound Lake rallies, but Wheeling holds on, snaps skid
- 9:40 PMA positive culture at Elgin is just what 'Doc' ordered
- 9:39 PMSix months after surgery, former Blackhawk Kane happy to be with Red Wings
- Prep FootballDaily Herald All-Area football captains in the NFL
- Girls' BasketballLake Zurich finds a way to knock off Waukegan
- Girls' BasketballLake County girls basketball notes: Mundelein's hot; Stevenson's Klatt hits 1,000/1,000 milestone
- Girls' BasketballDuPage and Fox girls basketball notes: Carlson starts season on fire for surging Batavia
- Girls' BasketballA positive culture at Elgin is just what 'Doc' ordered
- Girls' BasketballRifenburg, Benet play big against Lyons Twp.
- Boys' BasketballSouth Elgin slips past Glenbard South in Upstate Eight Conference
- Prep SportsSidelines: St. Charles East graduate Wes Benjamin enjoys his time with the Wiz
- Girls' BasketballNeuqua Valley's lead slips away at Sycamore
- Boys' BasketballJacobs gets its 1st victory, hands McHenry its 1st loss
- Girls' BasketballRound Lake rallies, but Wheeling holds on, snaps skid
- Girls' BasketballFremd gets its revenge vs. Hersey
- Girls' BasketballPalmer, Geneva hand Naperville North 1st loss
- Boys' BasketballWest Aurora overwhelms shorthanded Yorkville
- Boys' BasketballSt. Charles North re-setting culture, outlasts West Chicago in fourth quarter