Bears | Fields to make first start for Bears with Dalton injured
The Bears will go with the rookie quarterback Justin Fields when they travel to Cleveland Sunday. Andy Dalton remains sidelined with a left knee injury, coach Matt Nagy said Wednesday.
Latest Sports Videos
Special Report | 'I hate to see it go': These Arlington Park starters will be there at the finishOn Saturday, two longtime starting gate workers at Arlington Park will launch what's likely to be the final races at the historic Arlington Heights oval before the property is sold for redevelopment. "I've been hopeful for a long time hoping this day wouldn't happen. I told everybody it'll never close, and I can't believe it," said head starter William "Blue" Knott.
Columns | Why was Bears defense successful against Bengals? It starts with corners, pash rushIs the Bears defense back to being 2018-level dominant? Mike McGraw checks the film to see what led to the defensive success in Sunday's 20-17 win over Cincinnati.
Cubs | Cubs lose 5-4 to Twins; starting pitchers not showing much hope for futureBy adding Justin Steele and Keegan Thompson to the starting rotation, the Cubs were hoping to end the season with some promising momentum for 2022. But for now, not even Kyle Hendricks looks like a sure thing for next season.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Maybe there will be some magic at midnight after Arlington Park closesJim O'Donnell: A farewell to the grand Arlington Park. Those were the days.
Prep Football | After 8 stops in 7 states, Vernon Hills QB Lazor is focused on forging his own pathVernon Hills High School quarterback Nolan Lazor knows how to move ... on the field and off.
Cubs | Ross calls Heyward's return from concussion "doubtful" before season endsCubs manager David Ross suggested the chances of outfielder Jason Heyward returning from a concussion before the regular season ends are not very good, but Heyward is going to keep trying.
Columns | Ryder Cup: Europeans work to tamp down home-field advantageLen Ziehm: The European team finds a way to appeal to the home crowd at the Ryder Cup.
Columns | 1 and done for Sox: Beat Cleveland, clinch AL CentralLooking to shake off their pedestrian play since the all-star break, the White Sox can clinch the AL Central Thursday with a win over the Indians in Cleveland.
Columns | The Bears took a big step forward on tape vs. BengalsStudying the Week 2 tape, there was significant improvement for the Chicago Bears in a number of areas and very little backsliding.
Bears | Bear Down, Nerd Up: Numbers match the eye test with Dalton, FieldsThe numbers are quite different between Andy Dalton and Justin Fields.
- 5:30 AMIMAGES: Glenbrook South 4, Glenbrook North 3
- 5:29 AMCoach: Favorite coach, favorite teacher, Glenview through and through
- 5:12 AMHERALD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: NORA McCABE OF REGINA DOMINICAN
- 4:22 AMLEADING OFF: Bassitt back, Chisox close, Max starts, Cards W
- 3:43 AMWomen's European Championship cash doubles, vast gender gulf
- Prep FootballAfter 8 stops in 7 states, Vernon Hills QB Lazor is focused on forging his own path
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Barrington, Conant's Simon are MSL champs
- Prep FootballWheaton North's O-line paving the way for big things
- Prep FootballKaneland scores quickly, often; Borden impacting Geneva's D
- Prep FootballFootball / AP Top Ten
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Stevenson reigns supreme in NSC for 5th straight year
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Huntley, Burlington Central's Gusciora tops at FVC tourney
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Barrington handles Huntley
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Carmel scores early, often in beating St. Viator
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Abdullah leads Hinsdale Central to WSC title
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Vernon Hills nets first CSL North crown
- NewsIMAGES: Glenbrook South 4, Glenbrook North 3
- NewsHERALD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: NORA McCABE OF REGINA DOMINICAN
- Prep SportsBoys golf: South Elgin claims UEC title
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Zheng, Neuqua Valley nip Naperville North for DVC crown