Columns | Lincicome: Let's be honest, sports fans don't ask for much
No matter what happens in sports, most fans will forgive a rule breaker, Bernie Lincicome writes.
Latest Sports Videos
Cubs | Hendricks gives Cubs bullpen a break, earns sixth straight winKyle Hendricks went 6 innings and earned a win for the sixth consecutive start, leading the Cubs to a 7-2 victory over St. Louis on Saturday at Wrigley Field. The Cubs have now won five of their last six games.
White Sox | If White Sox go outside for 2B help, Frazier measures upNick Madrigal is going to miss at least six weeks, and maybe the rest of the season, with a torn hamstring. If the White Sox swing a trade for a new second baseman, Pittsburgh's Adam Frazier is an obvious target.
Columns | Nagy puts positive spin on Chicago Bears workout situationEighteen Chicago Bears players opt out of Wednesday's voluntary team workout.
Bears | Why Bears WR Mooney exceeded his coaches' expectations in 2021, but not his ownBears Darnell Mooney emerged last season as the clear No. 2 receiver behind veteran Allen Robinson. Mooney finished the year with 631 yards and four touchdowns. Robinson is the clear top dog in the Bears wide receivers room, but Mooney is a dangerous weapon in his own right.
White Sox | Cease improves to 8-0 over Tigers; White Sox romp 15-2Dylan Cease became the first White Sox pitcher to win his first eight career starts against an opponent, cruising to a 15-2 romp over the Detroit Tigers on Saturday.
Cubs | Cubs' Pederson brought souvenirs to the people in San DiegoOutfielder Joc Pederson didn't personally deliver souvenirs to Cubs fans in San Diego, but he came up with a plan where a friend of his would distribute some signed baseballs.
Columns | All doubts aside, La Russa stands test of timeNever underestimate Major League Baseball's second winningest manager of all time.
Cubs | Can Kyle Hendricks continue to survive home run hex?Go Figure: Kyle Hendricks giving up too many homers, but few walks are helping save him.
Cubs | Hoyer repeats pledge that Cubs are ready to add piecesCubs president Jed Hoyer continued to project the team being in position to add an important piece or two before the July 31 trade deadline. If current trends continue, starting pitching will be the primary need.
Cubs | Davies to start Sunday; Duffy nearing rehab assignmentThe Cubs are planning to start Zach Davies on Sunday, putting him on back-to-back days with the similar Kyle Hendricks for the first time this season. Manager David Ross also gave some injury updates before Saturday's game.
- Prep SportsBoys tennis: Naperville Central duo wins state championship
- Prep SportsBaseball: Prospect hoping for historic repeat after winning sectional
- Prep SportsGirls track and field: Neuqua Valley's Ammenhauser jumps to another title
- Prep SportsGirls track and field: West Aurora's Spagnola wins another state hurdles title
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Iverson's goal enough as Naperville N. tops Naperville C. for sectional title
- Prep SportsGirls track and field: Ginsberg sisters lead Prospect to state 3,200 relay title
- Prep SportsGirls track and field: Warren's Bynum high jump champ at weather-delayed state meet
- Prep SportsGirls track and field: Burlington Central's Barkocy has memorable state performance
- Prep SportsBaseball: Lake Park blows out St. Charles North in sectional final
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Barrington topples Hononegah for sectional crown
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Libertyville outlasts Stevenson for sectional crown
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: St. Viator nails down sectional championship
- Prep SportsBoys track and field: Glenbard W. nips WW South for sectional crown
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Undefeated Lyons tops Benet
- Prep SportsBaseball: Prairie Ridge eliminates St. Viator in sectional final
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Bobby Hull, Peter O'Toole, Ted Nugent, aerobics classes for kids and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Frontier Days, Bill Veeck, PeeWee Football, The Cellar nightclub and more