NBA | 'All in with the NBA draft': Rolling Meadows grad Max Christie is leaving MSU, going pro
Rolling Meadows graduate Max Christie is leaving Michigan State for the NBA draft.
Latest Sports Videos
Cubs | Thompson keeps Cubs roll of great starting pitching going in 7-0 winKeegan Thompson combined with three relievers on a five-hitter, and the Cubs shut out he Pittsburgh Pirates for the second straight game, a 7-0 win that extended their winning streak to a season-best four.
White Sox | Martin makes most of first major-league start as Sox settle for splitStarting Game 2 of Tuesday's doubleheader against the Royals, Davis Martin pitched 5 strong innings for the White Sox in his major-league debut. The offense was quiet in a 2-1 loss and the Sox settled for a split after winning Game 1, 3-0.
Cubs | Morel, Hughes both impress in minors, then do same in debutsThe Chicago Cubs called up Christopher Morel from Double-A Tennessee and selected LHP Brandon Hughes from Triple-A Iowa ... and both made big impacts in their debuts.
Bears | Bears OC Getsy, QB coach Janocko hold keys to unlocking QB Justin FieldsLuke Getsy will lead the Bears' offense in 2022 as offensive coordinator with Andrew Janocko as his quarterback coach. The two have a long history and are the most important people at Halas Hall in terms of finding a way to bring quarterback Justin Fields' game to the next level.
White Sox | Giolito feeling '100%' after bout with COVID, set to start WednesdayLucas Giolito was placed on the COVID-19 Related list last week, The White Sox's right-hander is scheduled to be activated Wdnesday and start against the Royals.
Columns | While premium NFL cornerbacks command big money, Bears' young secondary could pay offStudy current NFL trends and you'll discover that cornerback and edge rusher, along with wideout, are now the most important and most expensive positions in the league besides quarterback. Hub Arkush is heartened by the fact that new Bears GM Ryan Poles has chosen to heavily invest in the postion so far.
Columns | Len Ziehm: Streelman looks to turn season around at PGA ChampionshipKevin Streelman of Wheaton looks to get his season back on track starting Thursday at the PGA Championship at Southern Hills.
Prep Sports | Softball: Fremd comes from behind to beat HerseyFremd's softball team has seemingly grinded out a lot of wins this spring to reach its lofty record of 22-7 and Tuesday's victory was hardly an exception.
Prep Sports | Softball: Libertyville's early lead holds up vs. StevensonTaking an early 4-0 lead over visiting Stevenson proved to be a real positive for host Libertyville when the Wildcats faced the Patriots in the North Suburban Conference softball finale for both teams Tuesday afternoon.
Prep Sports | Baseball: Person pitches Burlington Central over HampshireBurlington Central pitcher Michael Person put Hampshire in quite a predicament.
Prep Sports | Baseball: St. Charles East celebrates senior day with victoryOne day after clinching the DuKane Conference championship thanks in part to a 7-run seventh inning, St. Charles East's baseball team picked up where it left off Tuesday afternoon against Wheaton North.
- 11:06 AMJimmy Butler, Heat seeking to take a 2-0 lead over Celtics
- 10:57 AMMourinho says he and Ancelotti still have a lot more to give
- 10:18 AMAlbania declares holiday for Europa Conference League final
- 9:30 AMRubio Rubin approved for switch to Guatemala from US
- 9:23 AMMATCHDAY: Everton can secure EPL survival before final round
- Prep SportsSoftball: Fremd comes from behind to beat Hersey
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Lakes, St. Viator advance to regional final
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Glenbard East wins 8th straight
- Prep SportsSoftball: Libertyville's early lead holds up vs. Stevenson
- Prep SportsBaseball: Person pitches Burlington Central over Hampshire
- Prep SportsBaseball: St. Charles East celebrates senior day with victory
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: St. Charles North blanks Streamwood in regional opener
- Prep SportsBoys lacrosse: Warren tops Maine South
- Prep SportsSoftball: Barrington's Peterson wins 900th game
- Prep SportsSoftball: Crystal Lake South rallies from 6 down to beat Burlington Central
- Prep SportsBaseball: St. Viator cruises to 1st conference title in 20 years
- Prep SportsBaseball: St. Charles East's 7-run 7th clinches DuKane title
- Prep SportsBaseball: Libertyville clinches share of NSC crown
- Prep SportsBaseball: Buffalo Grove snaps Conant's 5-game win streak
- Prep SportsBoys tennis: Deerfield, Barrington among conference tournament winners