Bulls | Dosunmu not focused on Bulls' point guard competition
Ayo Dosunmu is a candidate to start at point guard for the Bulls once again, while Lonzo Ball recovers from a second knee surgery. But Dosunmu said winning a starting role is not his focus during training camp.
Latest Sports Videos
Bears | Should Bears have considered benching QB Justin Fields?A case could be made that Chicago Bears quarterback Justin Fields could have taken a seat in favor of Trevor Siemian in either of the last two games.
MLB | Yankees star Judge hits 61st home run, ties Maris' AL recordAaron Judge tied Roger Maris' American League record of 61 home runs in a season, going deep for the New York Yankees against the Toronto Blue Jays on Wednesday night.
Bears | Now would be the optimal time for Bears WR Velus Jones Jr. to returnBears rookie receiver Velus Jones Jr. said he felt "close" to returning to action last week. The Bears might have no choice but to suit up the third-round draft pick on Sunday against the New York Giants.
College Sports | Northwestern unveils plan for Ryan Field rebuildNorthwestern University's Ryan Field is slated to be demolished and replaced by a modern stadium that shifts the Evanston venue's footprint, reduces its capacity and sets it up to host concerts and other non-football events, according to a roughly $800 million plan approved last week by the university's board.
Cubs | With future again unclear, Contreras returns as Cubs beat PhilliesWillson Contreras returned Tuesday for at least another week with the Cubs. It's not clear what will happen when he hits free-agency this winter, but Contreras was happy to be part of a 2-1 victory over Philadelphia at Wrigley Field.
Bears | Bear Down, Nerd Up: Herbert leads biggest rushing effort in nearly 40 years, but is team actually good?The 281 rushing yards the Bears ran for on Sunday marked the 14th highest total in franchise history. It was the highest total since the Bears ran for 283 yards against the Dallas Cowboys on Sept. 30, 1984. But does that mean the Bears are any good?
Bulls | 'I literally can't run or jump': Ball hopes knee mystery can be solved with second surgeryBefore having another surgery on his left knee, Bulls guard Lonzo Ball spoke to reporters via Zoom call to share the lack of progress he's had after a summer of rehab.
Bears | Eberflus says Bears RB Montgomery is day-to-day with ankle injuryThe injury had previously been described as a knee/ankle injury by the team.
Bears | Failing 'Flus: Bears coaches need to do a better job in many areasAfter the Chicago Bears' victory over Houston at Soldier Field on Sunday, parts of the coaching staff should do some serious soul-searching.
White Sox | Top White Sox prospect Colson Montgomery makes big jump in first full pro seasonIn addition to playing at three levels in his first full season, No. 1 White Sox prospect Colson Montgomery reached base safely in 50 straight games.
- 9:00 PMBoys golf: Marmion wins regional behind Konen's 71
- 8:59 PMYankees star Judge hits 61st home run, ties Maris' AL record
- 8:54 PMCabrera hits 507th homer to help Tigers beat Royals 2-1
- 8:34 PMBoys golf: Lessner leads Rolling Meadows to regional crown
- 8:28 PMFlorida shakes up secondary after dismal game at Tennessee
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Fremd's Newby continues red-hot play; Prospect takes team title
- Prep SportsO'Donoghue scores twice, Geneva beats Batavia
- Prep FootballFootball / Top 20
- Prep SportsRolon keeps St. Charles North out of the net, St. Charles East wins 1-0
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball / Top 20
- Prep SportsHerrera's goal puts Dundee-Crown ahead of Crystal Lake Central, 1-0
- Prep SportsGirls swimming: Stevenson shines at Lake County invite
- Prep FootballYork tops Lyons, sets up battle of unbeatens next vs. Glenbard West
- Prep SportsBoys soccer / Top 20
- Prep SportsCross country: Hersey's Harden tops talented field at Palatine's Meet of Champions
- Prep SportsCross country: Twentieth annual Flyin' Hawk Invite brings the noise
- Prep FootballDundee-Crown laments execution in loss to CL Central
- Prep FootballHuntley hands Jacobs 1st loss, ties for FVC lead
- Prep FootballKaneland dominates Ottawa again
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Marmion wins regional behind Konen's 71