White Sox | In battle of aces, Ohtani outduels Kopech as Sox lose 4-1
After already winning big games against the Yankees and Dodgers this season, White Sox starter Michael Kopech was on the big stage again Wednesday night against Shohei Ohtani and the Angels.
Latest Sports Videos
Bulls | Bulls have checkbook open as NBA free-agency begins, LaVine expected to cash inNBA free-agency begins at 5 p.m. Central time Thursday and it may not take long before Bulls guard Zach LaVine passes Michael Jordan and makes Chicago sports history.
Columns | O'Donnell: 4th and longing at empty Arlington -- but group is chasing a lease to race in 2023Is there still hope for horse racing at Arlington Park? We do know there is a local group who would like to give it a try.
Cubs | Morel responds to new spot; Cubs roll past RedsAfter striking out 11 times in the previous four games, Christopher Morel moved from leadoff to the No. 9 spot in the order. He responded with a single and home run as the Cubs rolled past the Reds on Wednesday.
Columns | Champion Wolves create memories to last a lifetimeChicago Wolves coach Ryan Warsofsky, his coaching staff and all of the players thoroughly enjoyed the run to a Calder Cup title this season. It was a run they'll remember for the rest of their lives. "You're a winner for the rest of your life and I think that's important," Warsofsky said.
Sports | Suzuki set to join Iowa Cubs; pitchers could followCubs outfielder Seiya Suzuki will begin a rehab assignment in Iowa on Thursday, manager David Ross said. Suzuki has been sidelined for just over a month with a sprained left index finger.
Bulls | With NBA free-agency about to begin, Bulls should hit brakes on backup centerNBA free-agency is set to being on Thursday night. The Bulls are expected to re-sign Zach LaVine to a deal near the maximum salary, but what else can they do? Here's a look at why a backup center shouldn't be a high priority.
Bears | Graham has what it takes to carve out a more permament roleWe're counting down the Top 25 most important Bears for the 2022 season. Here's No. 18 Thomas Graham Jr.
Sports | Boomers top Crushershe Schaumburg Boomers received contributions all over the field in tallying a 13-2 win over the Lake Erie Crushers on Wednesday night in Ohio.
Pro Sports | Parker's 25 points, 11 rebounds lead Chicago past Sun 91-83Candace Parker had a season-high 25 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists, Kahleah Copper scored 15 points and Chicago beat the Connecticut Sun 91-83 for the Sky's fourth straight victory
Columns | Arkush: John 'Moon' Mullin and I taught each other about Bears, NFL, lifeJohn 'Moon' Mullin, longtime friend of columnist Hub Arkush, died on Father's Day.
- Boys' BasketballBenet shows it belongs with impressive June performance
- Boys' BasketballNew group at Glenbard West has big shoes to fill
- NewsIt's Anthony Kopp's time
- NapervilleFormer Naperville Central, Wheaton College coach Bishop 'was ahead of his time'
- Prep SportsDundee-Crown announces this year's Hall of Fame Class
- Boys' BasketballYork's Hardek adjusts to bigger role
- Boys' BasketballSt. Charles East looking for bounce back season
- Boys' BasketballReturning guards key to Geneva's future
- Boys' BasketballBoys basketball: Burlington Central's Scharnowski turning heads in summer play
- Prep SportsBaseball: St. Viator duo caps outstanding run for Lions
- Prep SportsBaseball: Naperville Central's Barczi socks 13 HRs in power-packed junior season
- Prep SportsBaseball: Grayslake Central's Marisca excels at -- and behind -- the plate
- Prep SportsPresenting the 2022 Daily Herald Cook County All-Area Baseball Team
- Prep SportsPresenting the 2022 Daily Herald DuPage County All-Area Baseball Team
- Prep SportsPresenting the 2022 Daily Herald Fox All-Area Baseball Team