Bears | Will Bears activate rookie tackle Jenkins? Decision day is looming
Rookie offensive tackle Teven Jenkins returned to practice two weeks ago, opening a 21-day window during which he could be activated off injured reserve. Jenkins has missed the entire season due to a back injury he sustained over the summer. The 23-year-old had back surgery in August and started the season on injured reserve.
Latest Sports Videos
Bulls | Lonzo puts an end to LaMelo's comeback bid in Chicago Bulls victoryThe Chicago Bulls seemed headed for an easy victory over Charlotte on Monday. But when Hornets guard LaMelo Ball led a comeback, older brother Lonzo had an answer in the Bulls' 133-119 victory.
Columns | Arkush: Why the Bears are really in the thick of the playoff chaseWith six weeks remaining in the 2021 season and all of the craziness and turmoil that has surrounded the Chicago Bears, perhaps the most stunning fact of all, is they enter this home stretch just one game out of a playoff spot at 4-7.
Blackhawks | Toews is still looking for his first goal and it's having a ripple effect on the BlackhawksAfter 21 games, Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews is still without a goal. It goes without saying that every team needs their top centermen to be at least a moderate contributor in the goal-scoring department. When they're not, it often creates a nasty ripple effect that makes it difficult for teams to win consistently.
Bears | From Houston Baptist to Chicago, Johnson's rise to Bears improbableSean Hammond: As the first NFL player from his college, Caleb Johnson's rise with the Bears remains improbable.
Sports | Gonzales: Will Cubs, White Sox spend now or wait for free agent bargains?Shop now, or wait until later for bargains? Those are the options facing the White Sox and Cubs, who appear to have taken different paths with major league baseball likely to shut down after the Collective Bargaining Agreement expires Wednesday at 10:59 p.m.
Pro Sports | Lee Elder, 1st Black golfer to play Masters, dies at age 87Lee Elder, who broke down racial barriers as the first Black golfer to play in the Masters and paved the way for Tiger Woods and others to follow, has died at the age of 87.
Blackhawks | Blackhawks outshoot Sharks, but can't find net in lossThe Blackhawks dropped a 2-0 decision to San Jose at the United Center on Sunday.
Blackhawks | Hawks honor Troy Murray on Hockey Fights Cancer nightChicago Blackhawks honor Troy Murray on Hockey Fights Cancer night at the United Center.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Frenzied week means that All Things Bears are in play, including Arlington ParkLast Monday morning, the Chicago Bears were worth an estimated $4 billion. Today, those same Bears are estimated to be worth $4 billion. In between was the week that was. And what a week it was.
Cubs | Cubs, White Sox prospects make names for themselves in Arizona Fall LeagueCubs prospect Nelson Velazquez and White Sox counterpart Yolbert Sanchez are moving up the ratings list after strong showings in the Arizona Fall League.
- 12:50 AMMitchell, Gobert lift Jazz over Blazers 129-107
- 12:50 AMWashington beats Wilson, Seahawks 17-15 for 3rd win in a row
- 12:30 AMTowns, Edwards push Timberwolves to 100-98 win over Pacers
- 11:59 PMSpurs defeat Wizards, 116-99, for season's first win streak
- 11:35 PMCockburn, Plummer lead Illinois past Notre Dame 82-72
- Prep FootballChampionship ends 35-year drought for Wheaton North
- Prep WrestlingScouting the 2021-22 wrestling season in the Northwest suburbs
- Prep WrestlingScouting the 2021-22 season in Lake County
- Girls' BasketballHersey nips Barrington for title at Buffalo Grove
- Boys' BasketballGlenbrook South denies Stevenson title at Palatine
- Boys' BasketballHampshire hangs on to down Hononegah for first win
- Girls' BasketballRolling Meadows beats Hoffman to finish 4-1 at tourney
- Prep FootballLate defensive stand key as Cary-Grove wins Class 6A championship
- Girls' BasketballProspect grad Weissenstein still enjoying coaching
- Prep FootballLockport's defense stymies Maine South in Class 8A title game
- Prep WrestlingBoys wrestling: Marmion nabs Moore-Prettyman championship
- Boys' BasketballYork outlasts Palatine behind Levine's play off bench
- Girls' BasketballBenet rolls past Lake Zurich, wins tournament crown
- Boys' BasketballIvan, Tousana lead Batavia to Windmill City Classic championship
- Prep WrestlingWrestling: Scouting Fox