Blackhawks | 'Good night's sleep" has Fleury ready to roll with Chicago Blackhawks
There was no light bulb moment for goalie Marc-Andre Fleury when it came to deciding to play for the Chicago Blackhawks. "I think just talking with different guys and talking with the staff and talking to the family also, to see what's good for everyone," Fleury said. "It just adds up and then, yeah, it's exciting."
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Is Churchill Inc. planning a quick 'Meigs Field' on Arlington Park?Jim O'Donnell: Might it be a quick goodbye to Arlington Park on Sept. 25?
Columns | Bulls reportedly agree to deal with center BradleyThe Bulls landed a backup big man Wednesday, coming to agreement on a deal with Tony Bradley, a 6-foot-10 center who has played for Utah, Philadelphia and Oklahoma City.
Cubs | Ricketts promises quick Cubs turnaround, but can he deliver?Chicago Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts went on the Marquee network this week to promise fans they won't be getting a flashback to 2012, when the Cubs lost 101 games. But with the World Series gone, they'll need some replacements.
Columns | Aurora's storied Stonebridge welcomes Illinois Open this weekLen Ziehm: Stonebridge Country Club has had many high points over the years.
Cubs | McGraw: A little patience by Cubs might have led to better resultsThe World Series nucleus has been broken up. Was there anything the Cubs could have done differently to avoid last week's massive breakup? Mike McGraw takes a look at the downfall.
Columns | Bulls spend big to land veteran forward DeRozanThe Bulls agreed to a sign-and-trade deal to acquire San Antonio forward DeMar DeRozan, according to multiple reports. This is a huge step for the Bulls, adding a veteran with extensive playoff experience.
White Sox | Cease strikes out 11, White Sox beat Royals 7-1Dylan Cease delivered one of his better outings of the season.
Cubs | Cubs stumble in Colorado, lose 13-6 to RockiesThe Cubs played most of the game without manager David Ross, who was ejected in the second inning.
Bears | Bears place Goldman on reserve/COVID-19 listThe Bears placed four players on the list Tuesday, including defensive tackle Eddie Goldman.
Sports | No team gold, but U.S. women show depth during Tokyo staySimone Biles is taking a break. Maybe a permanent one. Sunisa Lee, Jade Carey, Jordan Chiles and Grace McCallum are all basically sprinting to college. MyKayla Skinner is ready to start a family. The six American women who are bringing home six medals from the Tokyo Olympics may never compete internationally again.
- 7:30 PMJoe Judge is old-fashioned when it comes to coaching Giants
- 7:18 PMJune Daugherty, former women's basketball coach, dies at 64
- 6:44 PMBrowning 'taking charge' of Vikings, with other QBs absent
- 6:29 PMPackers' Rodgers: Relationship with GM 'work in progress'
- 5:54 PMErie County exec tamps down fears of Bills relocating
- Girls' BasketballHare transfers from Bartlett to Naperville North
- St. CharlesAn All-American year: St. Charles North's Sinnaeve overcomes obstacles, earns national honor
- Boys' BasketballBuffalo Grove's Craft chooses Xavier
- Prep SportsOlympic bound: Former Prospect, Illini track star Kendziera going to Tokyo
- Prep SportsSt. Viator names DeLeon as new boys soccer coach
- Prep FootballThey want you: Need a job? Youth, prep sports desperately need referees
- Prep FootballMetea Valley's 2-sport standout Johnson excited about future at NIU
- Girls' BasketballBurlington Central's Charles picks Princeton
- Girls' BasketballBatavia grad Fruendt joins staff at Tennessee
- Prep SportsOff at college: Wheeling's Blair honored for excellence on and off the track
- Prep SportsOff at college: Benet grad Abello earns Academic All-American of the Year
- Boys' BasketballBurlington Central grad Mayfield makes move to Division I basketball
- Prep SportsOff at college: Illinois Wesleyan's Morton earns golf All-America honors
- Prep SportsBaseball: St. Charles North's DeMarco wins Illinois Gatorade player of the year
- PalatinePalatine's Bostick decides on Iowa
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Bobby Hull, Peter O'Toole, Ted Nugent, aerobics classes for kids and more