Bears | Why Chicago Bears GM Pace is excited about Leonard Floyd, Mitch Trubisky
It was fascinating to hear the contrast from Chicago Bears general manager Ryan Pace on Sunday at team brass' annual pre-training camp news conference as he discussed arguably his two most important players not named Khalil Mack.
Latest Sports Videos
College Sports | NCAA punishes DePaul for basketball recruiting violationThe NCAA suspended men's basketball coach Dave Leitao for the first three games of the regular season Tuesday, saying he should have done more to prevent recruiting violations by his staff.
White Sox | Moncada, Chicago White Sox struggle against Marlins' SmithThe Chicago White Sox struggled against Miami Marlins starter Caleb Smith in a 5-1 loss Tuesday night.
Pro Sports | Chicago Fire happy for another chance to competeThe Chicago Fire faces a difficult challenge when it hosts one of the top teams in Mexico, Cruz Azul, in the inaugural Leagues Cup.
College Sports | Why NIU's new football coach Hammock is already scaring opponentsNew NIU head man Thomas Hammock participated in his first MAC Media Day on Tuesday at Ford Field in Detroit and he's already striking fear in his opponents. "Coach Hammock's reputation and all that stuff is just stellar. He's an alum, knows the program, knows where it comes from," Eastern Michigan coach Creighton Creighton said. "From my perspective, great hire. From my perspective, scary for me."
Pro Sports | Crowd happy with Cruz Azul victory over FireThe Chicago Fire lost to Cruz Azul of Liga MX in the quarterfinals of the inaugural Leagues Cup.
College Sports | NIU chosen to finish 3rd in MAC West media pollDETROIT -- Thomas Hammock says he believes expectations are tempered with a new coaching staff. Even acknowledging the uncertainty in observers, he's more than confident the on-field results will be noteworthy.
NFL | Chiefs expecting Hill in camp; Jones' status still uncertainKansas City Chiefs expect wide receiver Tyreek Hill to report to training camp with the rest of the veterans later this week, though whether star defensive tackle Chris Jones joins him remains to be seen
NFL | Collecting easy for football hall, challenge is displayingCollecting pieces of history is the easy part for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, with displaying everything acquired the big challenge
College Sports | Kansas DL Malcolm Lee arrested on suspicious of DUIKansas defensive lineman Malcolm Lee has been arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
NFL | AP Source: Bills RB Gore has minor injury before camp opensA person familiar with the situation tells The Associated Press the Buffalo Bills have placed running back Frank Gore on the non-football injury list due to what is considered a minor injury
- 2:21 AMCubs look to end 3-game losing streak against Giants
- 2:21 AMAstros face the Athletics after Miley's strong showing
- 2:21 AMIndians visit Toronto, look to build on Bauer's strong showing
- 2:21 AMOdorizzi expected to start as Minnesota hosts New York
- 2:21 AMPhiladelphia visits Detroit after Nola's strong outing
- Boys' BasketballLegendary St. Joseph basketball coach Gene Pingatore dies at 82
- Boys' BasketballStrengths of Naperville North's Welch? A lot
- Prep FootballSwitching from baseball to track a solid decision for Antioch's Grindley
- Girls' BasketballBy design, Elk Grove's Kandefer stood out in sports and academics
- Girls' BasketballWest Aurora's Miles overcame adversity to excel
- Boys' BasketballElgin basketball coach Hess resigns after one season
- Prep FootballWheeling's Best was best at a lot, but also was the best teammate
- Girls' BasketballGlenbard South's Bair more than just a great athlete
- Prep SportsServices Saturday for Karen Kublank, Title IX pioneer at Palatine High
- Prep SportsSuburban high school athletes lauded for both athletic and compassionate feats
- Prep SportsStevenson's Sorenson doubled her fun
- NewsImages: Daily Herald Prep Sports Excellence Awards
- Prep SportsCary-Grove's Priester took a risk, but it paid off in the end
- Prep SportsBaseball: Heartbreak for St. Charles North in 4A title game
- Prep SportsImages: St. Charles North vs. Edwardsville, Class 4A State Championship in Baseball
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more