Monday, March 27, 2023
Bulls | Beverley makes sure Lakers, LeBron come up short in return to L.A.
Zach LaVine scored 32 points and Patrick Beverley did his best to haunt his former team as the Bulls beat the Lakers 118-108 on Sunday. LeBron James returned from a foot injury after missing the previous 13 games.
Latest Sports Videos
Bears | Blackhawks | Bulls | Cubs | White Sox
Blackhawks | Family ties: How brothers Caleb, Seth Jones ended up playing together on the BlackhawksAgainst mile-high odds, Chicago Blackhawks defensemen Seth and Caleb Jones gravitated to hockey as kids. See how it all began, why Seth idolized a couple of Red Wings, and why it's imperative for Seth to help lead the way through what promises to be a lengthy rebuild.
Blackhawks | Blackhawks' Richardson says Toews has skated mutiple times this weekChicago Blackhawks coach Luke Richardson said that Jonathan Toews has skated multiple times in the past week.
Columns | Lincicome: Baseball is back. And baseball is welcome.Baseball is a scrapbook and not a video. Its best moments are saved and not choreographed. It is a game of catch between yesterday and tomorrow. Baseball is fine. Baseball is back. And baseball is welcome.
Columns | Local Fare: Lake Zurich's Gilbertson a postive force for University of Minnesota-Duluth women's basketballLake Zurich graduate Ella Gilbertson, a junior at the University of Minnesota-Duluth, is the second leading scorer on the team. She and the Bulldogs will take on Ashland University of Ohio on Saturday, April 1 in Dallas for the NCAA Division II national championship. "Ella has been a phenomenal addition to our team," said head coach Mandy Pearson, now in her eighth year at Duluth.
Cubs | Cubs confirm the obvious: Wesneski will be in rotationThe Cubs officially named Hayden Wesneski the fifth starting pitcher on Saturday. The move came as no surprise since the right-hander has posted a 2.12 ERA this spring.
Bears | Film Study: What did Bears bring home from free-agent shopping?The Bears loaded up on new faces in free-agency this winter. After watching film from last season, Mike McGraw shares some observations on the non-skill players who are moving into Halas Hall.
Blackhawks | Blackhawks lose their fifth straight, Canucks win 4-2Defenseman Jarred Tinordi suffered an injury midway through the second period and did not return.
Cubs | Cubs looking to beef up bullpen with in-house talentThe Cubs have been patching their bullpen together with low-priced veterans the past two yeaars. Moving forward, president of baseball operations Jed Hoyer wants Cubs relievers to come up through the system.
MLB | Baseball Way Back: When an umpire led the Hawks to the Stanley CupThis week's Baseball Way Back column takes a look at the 1937-38 Blackhawks, who were coached by a baseball umpire to a Stanley Cup.
Bears | Ranking Bears' positions of need ahead of NFL draftAlthough the Bears spent a lot in free agency, they still have plenty of areas that need to be shored up before the 2023 season. Below are the four biggest positions of need heading into next month's draft.
Boys' Gymnastics | Boys gymnastics facing uncertain future as IHSA sportBoys gymnastics could be making its last handstand.
- 9:39 AMHere's a look at what to expect this spring for some of the top boys volleyball teams in the suburbs.
- 7:20 AMBasketball notes: Catching up with coaching changes
- 10:38 PMWhy tax expert, former state rep says Arlington grandstand's days could be numbered
- 8:25 AMBoys gymnastics: Lake Park, Fremd take two spots at brisk Meadows invite
- 8:48 PMDeRozan says he'll be ready to go when Bulls face Lakers
Recommended for You
- Girls' BasketballLocal Fare: Lake Zurich's Gilbertson a postive force for University of Minnesota-Duluth women's basketball
- Boys' GymnasticsBoys gymnastics facing uncertain future as IHSA sport
- Boys' GymnasticsBoys gymnastics: Lake Park, Fremd take two spots at brisk Meadows invite
- Prep SportsBaseball: Cary-Grove's Dorchies, CTaczy combine to fan 13 against Johnsburg
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Geneva reaches its breaking point, beats Neuqua Valley
- Prep SportsSoftball: Grayslake North struggles to catch up with Mosolino's speed
- Prep SportsSoftball: Several area teams ready for a road trip
- Prep SportsBaseball: Sycamore knocks off Burlington Central
- Prep SportsBostrand, Flores combine for no-hitter in Marmion's win over St. Charles North
- Prep SportsBoys lacrosse: York finds scoring touch, downs Huntley 12-8
- Prep SportsGirls track: 'One step over the cone' makes the difference at CSL South indoor championship
- Des PlainesLoyola Academy grad, dad named new Ramblers football coach
- Prep SportsBuffalo Grove's Kelly enjoys challenge of being a 3-sport coach
- Prep SportsGlenbrook North baseball shows plenty of good things to build on
- Prep SportsScouting Cook and Lake boys tennis