Bulls | While Durant steals spotlight, Bulls have quiet start to free-agency
Kevin Durant stole the spotlight with a reported trade request out of Brooklyn. Otherwise, the start of NBA free-agency included no Bulls news in the first few hours, while Stevenson High School's Jalen Brunson reportedly agreed to terms with the Knicks.
Latest Sports Videos
Cubs | Contreras hopes Cubs bosses are listeningAfter a big night at the plate Wednesday, catcher Willson Contreras made another plea to stay with the Cubs for the rest of the season and beyond. Patrick Wisdom homered twice Thursday as the Cubs rolled past the Reds at Wrigley Field.
Special Report | How about baseball at Arlington? Former Kane County Cougars exec pitches it to BearsA former suburban minor-league baseball executive is making a pitch to bring America's pastime to Arlington Park alongside Chicago Bears football.
White Sox | White Sox off-day thoughts on Hendriks, Montgomery, Sosa and moreThere is a chance injured relief pitcher Liam Hendriks is going to be back with the White Sox early next week. Needless to say, the return of the all-star closer would give the banged-up Sox a major boost.
College Sports | Big Ten votes to add USC, UCLA as members starting in 2024In a seismic shift in college athletics, the Big Ten voted Thursday to add Southern California and UCLA as conference members beginning in 2024.
Columns | Wheaton's Streelman fine with shooting 69 on opening day of JDCKevin Streelman, Chicago's most prominent PGA Tour player, isn't having one of his best years on the circuit, but the veteran from Wheaton wasn't bothered by his 2-under-par 69 in Thursday's first round of the John Deere Classic at TPC Deere Run.
Bears | Top 25 most important Bears in 2022: No. 17 Trevis GipsonBears pass rusher Trevis Gipson had a breakout season in 2021. His 7 sacks were second-most on the Bears, behind only the club-record 18½ sacks from Robert Quinn.
Bulls | Rookie Terry highlights Bulls' summer league rosterThe Bulls announced their roster for the Las Vegas summer league. It includes first-round draft pick Dalen Terry, new two-way player Justin Lewis and a couple of veterans.
News | Maine East grad returns as new hoops head coachSergio Muro, a 2009 Maine East High School graduate, returns to Park Ridge as head boys basketball coach.
Cubs | Cubs put Heyward on IL, call on CrookBefore Thursday's game at Wrigley Field, the Cubs called up outfielder Narciso Crook, who is awaiting his major-league debut, and placed Jason Heyward on the 10-day injured list with a sore right knee.
Sports | Boomers rally to sweep Lake ErieThe Schaumburg Boomers scored four unanswered runs to rally for a 4-3 win over the Lake Erie Crushers to complete the series sweep, the first of the year.
- 6:04 AMAmazon gets Champions League games in British TV deal
- 5:55 AMLyon brings back midfielder Tolisso after Bayern stint ends
- 4:52 AMTottenham signs Brazil forward Richarlison from Everton
- 3:37 AMFIFA to use new high-tech for offside calls at World Cup
- 2:02 AMRed Sox play the Cubs after Cordero's 4-hit game
- Boys' BasketballBenet shows it belongs with impressive June performance
- Boys' BasketballNew group at Glenbard West has big shoes to fill
- NewsIt's Anthony Kopp's time
- NapervilleFormer Naperville Central, Wheaton College coach Bishop 'was ahead of his time'
- Prep SportsDundee-Crown announces this year's Hall of Fame Class
- Boys' BasketballYork's Hardek adjusts to bigger role
- Boys' BasketballSt. Charles East looking for bounce back season
- Boys' BasketballReturning guards key to Geneva's future
- Boys' BasketballBoys basketball: Burlington Central's Scharnowski turning heads in summer play
- Prep SportsBaseball: St. Viator duo caps outstanding run for Lions
- Prep SportsBaseball: Naperville Central's Barczi socks 13 HRs in power-packed junior season
- Prep SportsBaseball: Grayslake Central's Marisca excels at -- and behind -- the plate
- BarringtonBarrington High School improvements get OK from village board
- NewsMaine East grad returns as new hoops head coach
- NewsHighland Park's Julia Kerpel off to Maccabiah games -- it's just one of many accomplishments