Columns | Hub Arkush: Despite Fields' boosters, Sunday is Andy Dalton's day
Week 2 is too early for a "must-win" for any NFL team, and this weekend isn't going to dictate how the rest of the year plays out. But it probably will be one of the bigger games of starting quarterback Andy Dalton's career. It could very well begin writing his final chapter.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Arkush: Is the Bears defense over the hill? Group has questions to answer after Week 1Is the Bears defense getting old, or was Sunday's game a blip on the radar?
White Sox | Gonzales: Sox know there's no place like home when it comes to the playoffsSox have their eye on the prize, and that includes securing home-field advantage for the playofs.
Bears | Eddie Goldman misses practice ThursdaySean Hammond: Eddie Goldman back on the sidelines nursing a knee injury.
White Sox | Wright, La Russa ejections highlight Chicago White Sox's loss to AngelsThe Chicago White Sox lost to the Angels 9-3 at Guaranteed Rate Field on Thursday and relief pitcher Mike Wright and manager Tony La Russa were ejected after Los Angeles star Shohei Ohtani was hit by a pitch in the ninth inning.
Cubs | Harper homers, rallies Phillies from 7 down in 17-8 win vs CubsBryce Harper had three hits, drove a three-run homer and had four RBIs to lead the Philadelphia Phillies to a 17-8 win over the Cubs.
White Sox | Rodon scheduled to start for White Sox vs. Tigers early next weekAs he gets ramped back up after dealing with shoulder soreness, Chicago White Sox left-hander Carlos Rodon is scheduled to make 2 more starts before the playoffs open.
Bears | Bears pass rush must rebound from quiet effort vs. RamsSean Hammond: The Bears struggled with having a good pass rush and good coverage in Sunday's loss to the Rams.
College Sports | Lombardi leading NIU back to where he helped Michigan State stun Wolverines last yearLooking at a prospective team's schedule wasn't a key factor when Rocky Lombardi was finding a school to join after deciding to leave Michigan State last year. So when Lombardi landed with the Huskies, he had no idea that a return trip to Michigan, the site of one of his best performances as a Spartan, was in the cards.
Prep Sports | Barrington adding eight to its hall of fameBarrington is adding to its sports hall of fame. On Friday, eight new members will have their plaques added to the trophy cases just outside the field house at Barrington High School. That will bring the total to 64 members. New members are selected every two years.
Blackhawks | Hawks, Nolan come to termsThe Blackhawks agreed to terms with defenseman Nolan Allan on Thursday on a three-year entry-level contract that runs through the 2023-24 season ($870,000 salary cap hit).
Prep Football | Football: Scouting Week 4 in the Northwest suburbsHere's a look at the Week 4 football matchups in the Northwest suburbs, highlighted by Glenbrook South (3-0) at Barrington (2-1) and Glenbrook North (2-1) at Hersey (3-0).
- 1:05 PMKane says he didn't know in 2010 about assault allegations
- 12:17 PMMATCHDAY: Man City, Bayern in good form; pressure on Lille
- 12:03 PMIngram has energetic, veteran presence on rebuilding Texans
- 12:03 PMPayton: Saints to spend Week 3 at TCU, then return home.
- 11:44 AMAC Milan files complaint over racist chants from Lazio fans
- Prep FootballWauconda's Mills picks up honor from Chicago Bears
- Prep SportsBarrington adding eight to its hall of fame
- Prep FootballFootball: Scouting Week 4 in the Northwest suburbs
- Prep FootballScouting Week 4 DuPage County football games
- Prep FootballScouting Week 4 Fox football games
- Prep FootballFootball: Scouting Week 4 in Lake County
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Prospect, Barrington on MSL collision course
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Willowbrook handles Riverside-Brookfield
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Metea Valley puts away Downers South
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: York shuts out Geneva
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Burlington Central tops Cary-Grove
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Crystal Lake stays perfect
- NewsGIRLS VOLLEYBALL: GLENBROOK NORTH SPARTANS 2, GLENBROOK SOUTH TITANS 1
- NewsLoyola earns dominant win over St. Rita
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: South Elgin finds plenty to celebrate in win over Glenbard South