Columns | 5 things to know about White Sox as they prepare for weekend set vs. Cubs
The White Sox are 22-22 as they head into this weekend's series vs. the Cubs at Guaranteed Rate Field. It's a fitting record for a team expected to be way out in front in the AL Central at this stage of the season.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | 5 things to know about the Cubs as they head into series with White SoxThe Cubs have been bad at home this season. So maybe they'll have a better chance against the White Sox this weekend now that the scene has shifted to Guaranteed Rate Field.
Columns | Gonzales: Slow and steady -- with a dash of patience -- might win the race for White SoxWhite Sox manager Tony La Russa has the long-range focus to steer the team's ship in the right direction.
Columns | Arkush: Bears hope Morrow can be team's next standout linebackerWhatever hopes this Bears defense has of worrying its opponents will again hinge mostly on the men in the middle, only one starting linebacker is a sure thing and that's Roquan Smith. But the Bears are also expecting big things from free agent Nicholas Morrow.
Wolves | Wolves stride into Western Conference FinalsVeteran forward Josh Leivo produced his second professional hat trick as the Chicago Wolves wrapped up the Central Division Finals with a 5-1 triumph in Game 4 Friday night at Panther Arena.
College Sports | Oakton has eye on prize in fourth straight trip to NJCAA World SeriesThe Oakton Community College is back in the Division III NJCAA World Series and looking to win its second national title this weekend in Greeneville, Tenn.
Prep Sports | Krakowski's goal gets Libertyville past Glenbrook North for Warren Sectional titleStingy defenses is what it takes for Libertyville to beat Glenbrook North for the Warren Sectional girls soccer title.
Prep Football | St. Francis lineman McMillen commits to IllinoisSt. Francis junior lineman TJ McMillen had a plan for his summer. In typical offensive/defensive lineman fashion, he blew up his own plans with a surprise decision.
Prep Sports | Barrington shakes off stubborn Larkin for 20th-straight regional softball crownAllie Goodwin struck out 16 to lead Barrington in come-from-behind win over Larkin.
Prep Sports | Boys track and field: Batavia, Fallon off to fast start at stateOn an afternoon without a ray of sunshine, Batavia's Jonah Fallon turned in two electric displays on the track on Friday.
- 6:39 AMStewart, Storm hand Liberty 6th straight loss, 79-71 in OT
- 2:34 AMLiverpool, Real Madrid play Champions League final in Paris
- 2:11 AMCarolina looks to clinch second round series over New York in game 6
- 2:01 AMCubs visit the White Sox to start 2-game series
- 2:01 AMMariners play the Astros with 1-0 series lead
- Prep SportsFremd's Stewart has to adjust his goals after qualifying in 2 finals races at state track
- Prep SportsBoys track and field: Batavia, Fallon off to fast start at state
- Prep SportsBoys track and field: Downers South, WW South shine in prelims
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Montini falls short in state semifinals
- Prep FootballSt. Francis lineman McMillen commits to Illinois
- Prep SportsBoys tennis: Hinsdale Central takes commanding lead at state
- Prep SportsBoys tennis: Marmion's Graft reaches state semifinals
- Prep SportsMid-Suburban teams strong in rain-delayed boys state tennis tournament
- Prep SportsKrakowski's goal gets Libertyville past Glenbrook North for Warren Sectional title
- Prep SportsRally in the 6th does the job for host Antioch in regional win over St. Viator
- Prep SportsSoftball: St. Charles East blanks Addison Trail for 6th straight regional title
- Prep SportsSoftball: Wasilewski, Grant shut out Jacobs for regional crown
- Prep SportsBaseball: Wheaton North's Fletcher silences St. Charles North
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Glenbard West surprises Lyons
- Prep SportsGirls lacrosse: Benet edges Neuqua Valley in sectional thriller