College Sports | Big Ten pulls plug on football, fall sports
The Big Ten officially canceled fall sports Tuesday due to safety concerns regarding the COVID-19 virus.
Latest Sports Videos
Cubs | Kipnis enjoys return to his second home as Cubs beat ClevelandNorthbrook native Jason Kipnis had a successful return to his former baseball home in Cleveland. Jon Lester threw 6 innings and Jason Heyward blasted a 3-run homer as the Cubs beat the Indians 7-1.
Blackhawks | Chicago Blackhawks responding under CollitonIt's been a journey for Chicago Blackhawks coach Jeremy Colliton to get to the playoffs. Here's what some players have to say about the trip.
White Sox | 'He's exactly right' Chicago White Sox react to Keuchel's pointed commentsA day after starting pitcher Dallas Keuchel verbally kicked the Chicago White Sox for "going through the motions," the response from his teammates and manager Rick Renteria was overwhelmingly positive.
White Sox | Chicago White Sox bats bounce back in 8-4 win over TigersJose Abreu and Eloy Jimenez sparked a 4-run first inning Tuesday night and the Chicago White Sox's offense came to life in an 8-4 win over the Tigers in Detroit.
Columns | Feder: David Kaplan and Jonathan Hood to co-host mornings on ESPN 1000David Kaplan and Jonathan Hood, two longtime Chicago sports/talk personalities, are teaming up to co-host a new local morning show on WMVP 1000-AM, the ESPN Radio station managed by Good Karma Brands.
Columns | Tennis may look different, but players look forward to teamwork and competitonHigh school tennis players know protocol will be different, but they are excited about getting back to some sense of normalcy with a fall season.
Sports | Ziehm: Flavin grinding to make Korn Ferry after rare feat in 2017After winning the Illinois Open and the Illinois State Amateur in the same season in 2017, Patrick Flavin has been working hard to earn his spot on the Korn Ferry Tour.
NFL | Witten 'invigorated' by new opportunity with RaidersJason Witten says he's '˜invigorated' by his new opportunity with the Las Vegas Raiders after spending 16 seasons with the Dallas Cowboys
NBA | Lillard leads Portland against Dallas after 51-point gamePortland plays the Dallas Mavericks after Damian Lillard scored 51 points in the Trail Blazers' 124-121 victory over the 76ers
Columns | High school golf hopes to set example of safe returnHigh school golf looks like a sport that can return safely.
- 10:21 PMLester, Heyward (4 RBIs) power Cubs to 7-1 win over Indians
- 10:10 PMBrosseau's leadoff HR sparks Rays in 8-2 rout of Red Sox
- 10:05 PMShaw, Blue Jays beat Marlins 5-4 in MLB's return to Buffalo
- 10:00 PMPortland beats Orlando 2-1 to claim MLS is Back championship
- 9:56 PMVotto's double in 10th lifts Reds over streaking Royals 6-5
- Prep SportsA message to fall sports student-athletes: Have fun, and be safe
- Prep SportsHigh school golf hopes to set example of safe return
- Prep SportsNot all spring coaches happy with new schedule
- Downers GroveMontini's Kuczynski opts for move to Florida
- Prep FootballAnswering some key questions about state's plan for high school sports
- Prep SportsChanges coming to keep cross country running safely
- Prep SportsIHSA releases sport-specific guidelines for fall sports
- Prep SportsHow high schools are allowing certain fall sports on campus while full remote learning is in effect
- Prep FootballVernon Hills' Wiegold heading to Ball State
- Prep Sports'I think it's a realistic schedule': Prep teams glad to still have seasons
- Prep FootballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin
- Prep SportsTennis may look different, but players look forward to teamwork and competiton
- Prep SportsClubhouse Chatter: Which pro golfer would complete your twosome?
- CrimeSex offender at center of Lake Park scandal now charged with being in Elmhurst school
- Prep SportsClubhouse Chatter: You could be on a winning flight home. Which one?
Through the Film Magnifier: Bill Veeck, George Hamilton, Bridge Club, Stateville Prison riot and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Doug Buffone, Cloris Leachman, draft registration, aerobics class and more