Cubs | Could wild win over Giants be a season-defining victory for Cubs?
The Chicago Cubs got their offense going Wednesday night at Wrigley Field, something manager Joe Maddon says they'll have to do. But they got all they could handle in return from the San Francisco Giants. The Cubs won a wild won, 12-11.
Latest Sports Videos
White Sox | Giolito's 3-hit shutout gives White Sox 4-0 win over TwinsGiolito's 3-hit shutout gives White Sox 4-0 win over Twins, to take series from division leader
White Sox | Will White Sox see monster prospect Luis Robert in September ... or 2020?Luis Robert has put up eye-popping numbers at three minor-league levels this season. Will the Chicago White Sox call the 22-year-old center fielder in September? Or will they wait on Robert until next season?
Cubs | Cubs reliever Morrow shut down for season, Contreras, Zobrist getting closerOnetime closer Brandon Morrow has suffered yet another setback in his comeback from elbow problems. He will not join the Cubs roster this season.
Bears | Bears coach Nagy defends lengthy process to find kickerThe Bears have repeatedly stated throughout the offseason that every kick counts in the NFL's most discussed kicking competition, maybe ever. Still, Bears coach Matt Nagy attempted to add key context and perspective on the team's process of identifying Cody Parkey's replacement on Wednesday, the same day an unflattering Sports Illustrated article on the issue dropped and became the topic du jour at his pre-practice news conference.
Bears | Bears still have three big questions to answer in addition to kicking situationBeyond the obvious issues like young players needing to mature and improve, whether everyone is as healthy as possible for the marathon NFL season and Chuck Pagano getting fully settled in Vic Fangio's old office, there are at least three very serious the Bears need to answer before the regular season begins
News | Feder: WGN primetime special to honor Walter PaytonTwenty years after the passing of Walter Payton, WGN-Channel 9 will remember the Chicago Bears legend with a prime-time special hosted by his son, Jarrett Payton. "Savoring Sweetness: The Life & Times of Walter Payton" will premiere at 7 p.m. Sept. 4.
Columns | O'Donnell: Bill Walton's one-off underscores tedium of Chicago baseball broadcastingJim O'Donnell says Bill Walton's commentary in the White Sox booth last week provided a bit of relief from other Chicago baseball broadcasters.
Pro Sports | Cougars stun Snappers with 6-run comebackThe Kane County Cougars (72-55, 37-21) erased a six-run deficit in a 9-8 come-from-behind win over the Beloit Snappers (51-75, 24-34) on Wednesday night at Pohlman Field. The Cougars remain two games ahead of Clinton for first place in the Western Division.
College Sports | Armstrong, Jones top horses in No. 9 Irish rushing stableArmstrong, Jones the top horses in No. 9 Irish rushing stable
Pro Sports | Chicago Dogs drop series openerGustavo Pierre and David Olmedo-Barrera homered, but the Chicago Dogs could not limit the high-powered Winnipeg Goldeyes offense as they fell, 14-4, on Wednesday night at Impact Field.
- 2:52 AMDavis, Mets helped by Indians' mental lapse, win 4-3 in 10
- 2:20 AMSlumping Giants look to end 3-game slide against Cubs
- 2:20 AMAstros host Tigers, look to build on Verlander's solid performance
- 2:20 AMChicago hosts Texas, looks to build on Giolito's solid outing
- 2:20 AMBaltimore's Alberto puts 10-game hit streak on the line against Rays
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: For WW South's Orlove, new goal is same as the old goal
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Absences pave way for others to step up in Northwest suburbs
- Prep FootballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin
- Prep SportsGirls swimming: Graves, Barrington expect to go the distance again
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Lakes' Heuser has a simple goal: Win state
- Prep SportsGirls swimming and diving: Neuqua Valley keeps state repeat in sight
- Prep SportsGirls swimming: Strong participation has paid off for Vernon Hills
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Scouting Fox Valley
- Prep SportsGirls swimming: Scouting Fox Valley
- Prep SportsBoys and girls golf: Benet, Naperville North beat the weather, field
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Naperville North yearns for new glory
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Waubonsie Valley's Troy looks to take final step
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Scouting Fox Valley
- Prep SportsGirls golf: Consistency keys Stevenson's success
- Prep SportsBoys golf: Vasudeva, Vernon Hills look to carry on winning tradition