Cubs | If Cubs fall short of playoffs, April's Velazquez decision may prove costly
How can the Cubs use their top-five ranked farm system to turn the major-league squad into a World Series contender? That's a great question, considering they haven't given their rookie position players much playing time last year, and now Nelson Velazquez is hitting home runs at a torrid pace for Kansas City.
Latest Sports Videos
Bears | Eberflus believes in Fields: 'We just need to see the fruits of the labor'Bears coach Matt Eberflus focused on the individual details a day after his team suffered a 41-10 loss to Kansas City on Sunday.
Blackhawks | Bedard wows at Blackhawks scrimmage -- but so does ReichelExpectations for Connor Bedard will be sky high all season, so fans and reporters were certainly curious to see how the Blackhawks rookie would fare in the first scrimmage of training camp. Needless to say, he did not disappoint.
Columns | DeChambeau on Ryder Cup lineup: 'Would have been nice to ... have a call from Zach'The results of Sunday's LIV Chicago tourney at Rich Harvest Farms create the need for another look at the U.S. team for this week's Ryder Cup in Italy.
Bears | Dietz: Bears' 13th straight loss leaves your head spinningAfter the Bears' 41-10 loss to the Chiefs, Matt Eberflus told reporters that the coach-player partnership is critical to a team's success. Boy, did we see that Sunday as the Andy Reid-Patrick Mahomes partnership continued to flourish while whatever is going on in Chicago continues to fall apart.
Bears | Wheels come off for Bears in 41-10 loss to Chiefs3 and Out: Any hopes for improvement from the Bears following an 0-2 start were quickly extinguished by Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs.
NFL | Eagles thump Buccaneers 25-11 to remain unbeatenJalen Hurts threw for a touchdown, ran for another and led the Eagles on a game-ending drive that lasted more than nine minutes.
Bears | Bears fall to 0-3 after Chiefs' beatdown. How can they shake it off?There was a party at Arrowhead Stadium and the Bears weren't invited. The Chiefs just showed the Bears what good football looks like. "You can see on their side: The flow is so natural," receiver Darnell Mooney said.
Cubs | Cubs sweep Rockies, hope fate will be kind in final weekThe Cubs wrapped up their home schedule with a 4-3 victory over the Colorado Rockies at Wrigley Field on Sunday. Patrick Wisdom hit a go-ahead 2-run homer in the sixth, giving rookie Jordan Wicks his fourth victory.
White Sox | Clevinger strong again, Sox beats Boston win 1st series since early AugustMike Clevinger pitched 6 solid innings in a rain-shortened game.
Cubs | Merryweather gets save, but Cubs' bullpen is full of questionsA major question for the Cubs during the final week is whether the bullpen can hold up. Julian Merryweather got the save on Sunday, despite two walks, Mark Leiter Jr. hasn't pitched since Wednesday and Adbert Alzolay is still working to come off the injured list.
- 4:22 PMNew life (and name) for a suburban classic: Hotelier, village are reviving Indian Lakes Resort
- 1:27 PMPitt left tackle Goncalves out for the season, QB Jurkovec's status uncertain for Virginia Tech
- 6:34 AMCricket mania: Why centuries-old sport is bowling over the suburbs
- 7:56 PMRapinoe gets triumphant send-off in Chicago as U.S. beats South Africa 2-0
- 7:50 PMDeChambeau delivers again, wins LIV tournament at Rich Harvest
- Prep FootballFitzpatrick, Barrington run by Fremd
- Prep SportsCross country: Jacobs boys, CL South girls take titles at Bartlett
- Prep SportsCross country: Hersey boys impress at Palatine invite; York wins girls race
- Prep FootballBatavia pulls out 23-17 win over Wheaton North; 5-0 Geneva next
- Prep FootballWarren roars back in second half to upend Lake Zurich
- Prep FootballBall bounces Wauconda's way in win over Graylake Central
- Prep FootballDefense leads the way as Prospect routs Rolling Meadows
- Prep FootballDespite losing top RB Ball, Palatine wins shootout over Hoffman Estates
- Prep FootballStevenson grits out tough victory over Mundelein
- Prep FootballAntioch routs Grayslake North; rematch with Wauconda up next
- Prep FootballWeek 5 football scores
- Prep FootballGeneva's defense dominates Glenbard North
- Prep FootballGlenbard East's strong play on both sides stymies Streamwood
- Prep SportsBoys soccer / Top 20
- Prep FootballFootball / Top 20