Bulls | Bulls deliver clunker against NBA-worst Magic
The Bulls had a nice opportunity to get back on track against the team with the NBA's worst record. But Orlando smashed the hard-luck Bulls 114-95 on Sunday, despite DeMar DeRozan's 41 points.
Latest Sports Videos
White Sox | Simulated SoxFest: What's up with the roster, La Russa, farm system?SoxFest is not being held this year due to the pandemic and the lockout MLB owners imposed on players in early December. The White Sox still have some pressing questions, and we have answers.
Bulls | LaVine, Green plan to travel to OKC, could return MondayHelp may be on the horizon for the Bulls. Coach Billy Donovan said injured players Zach LaVine and Javonte Green will meet the team in Oklahoma City and could return against the Thunder on Monday.
Bulls | Donovan shrugs off NBA's one-game suspension of AllenThe NBA handed down its punishment Sunday, giving Milwaukee guard Grayson Allen a one-game suspension. Bulls coach Billy Donovan said he spoke to the league, but didn't want to share an opinion.
Blackhawks | Blackhawks put goalie Lankinen on IRThe Blackhawks placed goalie Kevin Lankinen on injured reserve with a right hand injury.
NFL | Local Fare: Former area standouts making their marks in NFLAmong former Daily Herald area high school football stars, Jimmy Garoppolo has made the biggest name for himself in the NFL. And there are many others among the success stories.
Columns | Arkush: 4 coaches Bears should add to interview listHub Arkush: Here are a few candidates the Bears should add to their interview list.
Columns | No prize for Sorenstam in celebrity division, but she's still star of LPGA tournamentAnnika Sorenstam didn't win on Sunday but -- as the only woman in a 50-player group of celebrities that included sports stars like Roger Clemens, Greg Maddux and Brian Urlacher -- the 51-year old golf legend did just fine. No doubt she was the star of the show at the first event of the LPGA season.
Columns | Zalusky, Part 2: Doby's short, bittersweet stint as Sox skipperIn 1978, Bill Veeck, now the White Sox's owner, once again hurried Larry Doby onto the major league stage -- this time as the second Black manager in the big leagues.
College Sports | Dodson scores 23, No. 19 Notre Dame tops Pittsburgh 77-63Maya Dodson had 23 points and 12 rebounds and No. 19 Notre Dame had five players in double figures, defeating Pittsburgh 77-63
- Girls' BasketballIBCA launches 30 most impactful men, women in basketball project
- Boys' BasketballBoys basketball / Top 20
- Girls' BasketballGirls basketball / Top 20
- Boys' BasketballHuff, Glenbard West knock off Young
- Prep WrestlingHersey's championship season continues with MSL title
- Girls' GymnasticsHersey notches first MSL championship since 1984
- Boys' BasketballMcEwen shoots Bartlett past St. Charles North
- Prep WrestlingStevenson rallies to win Lake County title
- Prep SportsBoys swimming: West Chicago, Mundelein go 1-2 at Buffalo Grove invite
- Girls' BasketballBurlington Central stymies South Elgin in matchup of conference leaders
- Girls' BasketballHersey flying high again with big triumph over Deerfield
- Boys' BasketballProspect defeats Stevenson for signature win
- Boys' BasketballBatavia loses heartbreaker at Night of Hoops
- Girls' BasketballBasketball scores for Saturday, Jan. 22
- Prep WrestlingDeKalb denies Naperville Central for DVC title